Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Am I old or is the Acog wrong?

Going on the limb here and assuming the acogs we find in game are left over from the Marine Corps involvement in Chernarus. Now it has been a few years since I was in the MC but to my knowledge the reticule is incorrect.

opplanet-trijicon-ta31rco-m4-acog-4x32-u

That should be the reticule for the Acog.

• Like 4

They were the same in Arma 2 if I am right. Maybe they are diferent versions depending on the manufacturers.

Edited by raynor009

Going on the limb here and assuming the acogs we find in game are left over from the Marine Corps involvement in Chernarus. Now it has been a few years since I was in the MC but to my knowledge the reticule is incorrect.

The ACOG in the game is the v1 and has the correct recticule, you are referring to the recticle in a newer version

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA01  < for original ACOG recticule pic

Edited by Easy_Tiger

They were the same in Arma 2 if I am right. Maybe they are diferent versions depending on the manufacturers.

Trigicon makes ACOG but they did make a few variants for Army and Marines, (Meters and Yards) and the older version has a cross hair, the new ones have the fiber optic reticle.

Looks like the TA01 reticle.

TA01.jpg

That reminds me, has anyone checked if the holdovers are actually correct in-game?

Looks like the TA01 reticle.

TA01.jpg

That reminds me, has anyone checked if the holdovers are actually correct in-game?

That's the first version the Army had and we can't check the holds because they made the M4 stupidly inaccurate.

That's the first version the Army had and we can't check the holds because they made the M4 stupidly inaccurate.

I suspect they might all be wrong, perhaps why they gave it the odd 200-700m "zeroing" to use instead, when at the same time they restricted the Mosin's PU to only 300 meters, 1000 meters less than it should have...

Anyways if you give me a screenshot of the ACOG with the FOV slider all the way to the left, I can probably check to see if it's correct. I have a screen but I forget which FOV I was using and I don't feel like finding another ACOG since I dislike the M4.

I don't mind what it looks like, as long it's accurate and you can shoot from it!  :D

I suspect they might all be wrong, perhaps why they gave it the odd 200-700m "zeroing" to use instead, when at the same time they restricted the Mosin's PU to only 300 meters, 1000 meters less than it should have...

Anyways if you give me a screenshot of the ACOG with the FOV slider all the way to the left, I can probably check to see if it's correct. I have a screen but I forget which FOV I was using and I don't feel like finding another ACOG since I dislike the M4.

As requested

2014-01-07_00005_zps13a3cc00.jpg

Also about the M4's accuracy. The M4 can be made into an Accurate rifle with the addition of the Magpul Handguard and Stock. Dispersion in the stock format is laughable though. Regardless of how familiar anyone thinks they are with the rifle if your sight is on target and within range it should hit unless the rifling has been shot out of the barrel which is what this seems to simulate. Maybe thats something we could see in the future, replaceable barrel in attachments, muzzle breaks etc in varying conditions. But that's a different discussion altogether.

Edited by G24HAM

Haha I understand the differences in different ACOGs guys, which is why I pointed out that the ACOGs in game are most likely left over from the Marine Corps (circa Arma 2). :lol:

RangerBarlow I think you are right, it is more like the original Army version.

The ACOG in the game is the v1 and has the correct recticule, you are referring to the recticle in a newer version

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA01  < for original ACOG recticule pic

The MC does not use that model though.They use the TA31RCO-A4CP (for the M16) or the -M4CP (for the M4).

Obviously not a huge deal at all. After 2 weeks of just using a pistol and a week of using the Mosin I went back to the M4 today to try it again. Found the Acog (didn't even know they were in game) and noticed that right away. :thumbsup:

Hello there

Slightly off topic, but I dont know if the devs are going for 100pc authenticity or will be just nodding towards it, so do expect more oddities.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Slightly off topic, but I dont know if the devs are going for 100pc authenticity or will be just nodding towards it, so do expect more oddities.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah no worries. Was a little surprised I didn't see it mentioned anywhere already honestly. Although I seem to have trouble with the search function lol.

Dat love to the details.... :P

Its not about the details...its about boasting ur military knowledge on the forum.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Speaking of oddities...it´s literaly named "Acog optics test", i doubt anything about it is final.

Its not about the details...its about boasting ur military knowledge on the forum.

yeah that is it :rolleyes:

Speaking of oddities...it´s literaly named "Acog optics test", i doubt anything about it is final.

Just noticed that too. I'll keep my fingers crossed and maybe put a suggestion in to pass on this info.

Actually while doing an internet search I just came across this post. Gews you may find it interesting. I can blame Arma 2 devs, not our great crew.

"The RCO (Rifle Combat Optic) is unfortunately a bastardized version of the real thing, lacking the correct reticle for the RCO and instead using a stripped down version of the TA01NSN crosshair (no range marks, no nightime illumination. The ranging stadia, however, do appear to be properly calibrated on the M16A4 (there is no M4 with an ACOG in the demo, so I haven't checked that).

TA01NSNreticle.jpg

As you can see, the center crosshair is calibrated to 100m, followed by 200m, 300m, 400m and 500m stadia lines below. The top of the thicker crosshair is 600m. The width of each stadia line (or the width of the thicker vertical crosshair in the case of 600m) corresponds to 19 inches (average width of human shoulders) for the given range. This seems to pretty much work in-game, although the width at 100m is a little off.

Now if we had the proper RCO reticle, this would be immensely useful:

http://chemicaldragon.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/TA31F_ACOG_TRAINING.344110115.ppt

After a little more experimentation in more controlled circumstances in the demo, I observed two things:

1. The distance between the thick horizontal center crosshairs should be the width of the shoulders at 50m, but this also seems a bit off (sight or the size of an ArmA man, I don't know).

2. I'm beginning to suspect that the reticle is calibrated for the M4 rather than the M16 (as the TA01NSN is in real life). At 500m and 600m the shots seem to group a bit high, but would probably be right on for the M4 (if the difference in velocity is actually taken into account). Maybe someone with the full game can check."

You were issued a Trijicon Acog sight soldier! :p lol.. Im not in the Marines but my buddy was and that's why I know. There are several people who manufacturer Acog sights as well as a TON of different reticles and such, but I know the exact one your looking for and I also prefer it. Those babies in real life of course are one of the more expensive ones. 

There are several people who manufacturer Acog sights

I'm pretty sure only Trijicon makes the ACOG...

I'm pretty sure only Trijicon makes the ACOG...

officially....

• Like 1

so whats with the zeroing?

Do I use the scope just for (rough) measurement and then clock in the distance.. and then use center cross?

Or is the scope  not affected by it, like my beloved acog from arma2?

Edited by Imjustatourist

officially....

True, along with every thing else there are always knock offs. I actually owned a tactical gear company for a while and a buddy refused to buy a sight off me because he could get a cheaper one on Ebay. Well we took it out shooting and during the day light you could not see his reticule lmao. I always joke now, hey that is a great site as long as you don't shoot during the day.

ACOG is a trademark of Trijicon though.

• Like 1