Demky

why can't we have more than one character ?

yes, why ?

I would like to be able to have more than one. 

I don't know, i'm mad, it look like i'm playing a F2p where you need to pay more money it you want to have many character (2 steam account = 2 character)

How is it cool or fair ?

Different character, differrent playstyle; more fun.

Edited by Demky

so what if someone kills you, you log in with your second character and kill him. How is that fair and cool?

• Like 5

You get one. Simple. It's not going to change.

You can have as many as you when private servers come about but each will be locked to that server.

It's open to abuse therefore probably will not happen.

In WarZ people keep two characters close to each other so that they can pick up easy revenge kills if they get killed.

The Devs are trying to increase the significance of a single character's life in Chernarus. Adding multiple characters just makes life cheaper overall.

so what if someone kills you, you log in with your second character and kill him. How is that fair and cool?

That'd be a somewhat rare occurrence.  Your other character just happens to be armed and ready where you got killed?  Even if this was a problem, then they could easily implement a time delay between switching characters.

However, I do agree that it should remain one character.  The only reason why I would want a second character is to use him only to play with friends.  One solo, one multiplayer.

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

For example you are close to dieing on char A so you find a save location, log onto char B run to the same location, relog back to char A, wait till you're dead, relog to B Again and loot char A.

Edited by phoboss

That'd be a somewhat rare occurrence.  Your other character just happens to be armed and ready where you got killed?  Even if this was a problem, then they could easily implement a time delay between switching characters.

However, I do agree that it should remain one character.  The only reason why I would want a second character is to use him only to play with friends.  One solo, one multiplayer.

They combatlog, hack and whatever other cheap stuff is out there, so i think it's not to far fetched to believe people would take advantage of that.

• Like 1

For example you are close to dieing on char A so you find a save location, log onto char B run to the same location, relax back to char A, wait till you're dead, relog to B Again and loot char A.

Good example.

You can have as many characters as you want atm and it's easy to do.

Change your steam name and you get your self a new character.

Enjoy.

I'd like to have 2 Characters. So i could play one as friendly and the other one as a more bandit-Style.

So what if I connect to my second steam account; loggin and kill him ?

So what if I call a friends he loggin and kill him ?

+as he said : they could easily implement a time delay between switching characters.

How is it different ?

Edited by Demky

For example you are close to dieing on char A so you find a save location, log onto char B run to the same location, relog back to char A, wait till you're dead, relog to B Again and loot char A.

o rly?

What if devs got a brain and make a code so you can't loot a body from the same steam account.

I would like to play friendly but my char is full weapon/bullet/food and water, a second character would allow me to do it since I wont be friendly with a full gear character.

You can have 2 characters if you buy 2x day2 -> they should allow us to have more than one char on the same acount.

You see no problem if I buy 2x dayz but you see problem if I have 2 char on the same account ? how is it fair ? only "rich" people are able to do it

(inb4 25€ is not rich)

Edited by Demky

You can have as many characters as you want atm and it's easy to do.

Change your steam name and you get your self a new character.

Enjoy.

All this does is create a new profile which only effects your default settings such as starter clothing/ skin and graphics settings. 

You'll still have the same gear and location.

So what if I connect to my second steam account; loggin and kill him ?

So what if I call a friends he loggin and kill him ?

+as he said : they could easily implement a time delay between switching characters.

How is it different ?

Atleast they have to pay for their cheating ways but i'll give you that. If there is a friend around anyway and logs in to kill then that'S just luck i guess. I just think there is alot of stuff to be fixed/added that is way more important than to have 2 characters.

And why don't you just play friendly with your geared char? Losing your gear is part of the game and it's not like you can't gear up pretty fast in the games current state.

Atleast they have to pay for their cheating ways but i'll give you that. If there is a friend around anyway and logs in to kill then that'S just luck i guess. I just think there is alot of stuff to be fixed/added that is way more important than to have 2 characters.

And why don't you just play friendly with your geared char? Losing your gear is part of the game and it's not like you can't gear up pretty fast in the games current state.

I don't know why.

I don't think i's fun to be KOS'd. 

I want to have fun, I better kill someone than being killed.