DaGolem

Wishlist Handsigns

Hand signs  

85 members have voted

1. 1. I like the most... (multiple choice)

• Victory/Peace
    • Rock/Rock on
    • Spock
    • Thumps up
    • Loser
    • other, see on posting

My Wishlist of Hand Signs

- Victory / Peace
hand sign
- Rock / Rock on
hand sign

- Spock
hand sign
- thumps up ( nice for vehicle pick up wish)
hand sign
- loser
hand sign

Feel free to post you wish of hand sign....

*edit*

My personal wish is that the Dev Team make a large Selection of Handsigns that the Player can personal assign to Buttons.

This helps in many ways...

a -  there can be more hand signs then buttons

b - player have the free choice between many hand signs

So tactical player can assign tactical Handsigns to they Keyboad and  player who want to act more funny or troll style can also get they Handsign and all can be happy with many handsign :D ;)

Info: seems direct image view is disabled in this section :(

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 1

All the ones we use in real life. But most likely we would run out of buttons on our keyboards :D

Personally I would love to see the "I swear!" *hand on heart* animation.

I want to play rock paper scissors in DayZ!

rofl that would be fun but....

:D

All the ones we use in real life. But most likely we would run out of buttons on our keyboards :D

Personally I would love to see the "I swear!" *hand on heart* animation.

Simple:

make more and then let the player have the choice by button assignment

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 1

What about a waving both arms above your head?

As in "Hey! Over here! They guy waving like a lunatic!"

Waving + the wiggle would be AWESOME!

Tactical gestures, point at something, yes, no, hold up, etc

562057_407413129320798_457418745_n.jpg

Edited by Publik
  • Like 5

I would like a hold out item in hand gesture, and other players could then press F while close and looking near enough to it to take it into their hand.

Could be done with guns/ food/ canteens.

With full sized rifle guns you hold gun out in front of you with two hands, pointing off to the side.

With pistols you hold the muzzle and have the handle towards the person you're trying to give it to.

Anything else could just sit flat in your palm or just clenched in your hand normally, ready to teleport into the other players hand.

I would really like thumbs up.

Others aren't as important but pretty cool anyway.

• Like 2

Useful hand-signals over taunts. It maybe dreaming, but a hand-signal for 'trade' - maybe the 'time-out' hand signal. Obvious room for abuse but that's one way to signal peaceful intent with a practical purpose. Especially from a distance where direct chat isn't practical.

Useful hand-signals over taunts. It maybe dreaming, but a hand-signal for 'trade' - maybe the 'time-out' hand signal. Obvious room for abuse but that's one way to signal peaceful intent with a practical purpose. Especially from a distance where direct chat isn't practical.

I outlined my idea for quick giving of an object in your hand to another player.

My idea of useful would be pointing.

Quicker than checking our bearings in a firefight, you could just look at a squadmate with a visual who might be pointing at the threat.

• point in a direction
  • STOP
  • hang loose
  • show middle finger
  • wave hands in distress

• animation to put current weapon on the ground
  • Like 1

• show middle finger

Thats already in. Its called Taunt in the menu.

• Like 1

I want to be able to point, as in " hes over there"  --- >

So much yes. 

I think a throat slitting one would be sweet, or thumbs up/down. 

They should simply add a scroll wheel to select an hand sign and then do the hand sign like the amra 2 modification ACE enables you to do hand signals where you have to press and hold a selected button and drag your courser onto the field what signal you want to perform. That would be easier to use than the F1 to F4 buttons.

Edited by Baras17
  • Like 1

I outlined my idea for quick giving of an object in your hand to another player.

My idea of useful would be pointing.

Quicker than checking our bearings in a firefight, you could just look at a squadmate with a visual who might be pointing at the threat.

Agreed - pointing would be very useful.

Pointing gesture and similar stuff would be useful.

how about this?

Edited by XA3
  • Like 1

None of the "emotes" actually have to be assigned to a key, why not make it just like any other MMO and make them slash commands? Like /wave.

Ofc the option to bind them would still be there, it's just that slash commands would offer you a possibility to use the emote without having it bound to a key.

None of the "emotes" actually have to be assigned to a key, why not make it just like any other MMO and make them slash commands? Like /wave.

Ofc the option to bind them would still be there, it's just that slash commands would offer you a possibility to use the emote without having it bound to a key.

1) Because DayZ isn't an MMO.

and

2) Because in DayZ the 1 second that it takes to type "/wave" could very well be the 1 second that you die.

Honestly, I think we have enough gestures as it is. The submissive ones make sense but the wave, swearing and sitting down are already pushing it as it is IMO.

1) Because DayZ isn't an MMO.

and

2) Because in DayZ the 1 second that it takes to type "/wave" could very well be the 1 second that you die.

Honestly, I think we have enough gestures as it is. The submissive ones make sense but the wave, swearing and sitting down are already pushing it as it is IMO.

1) DayZ is often promoted as "FPS MMO" or "hybrid MMO". Also, many other games are not an MMO neither and they still use slash commands.

2) That's why I said there would still be option to bind them.

Slash commands allow you to use the emote/gesture even if not bound and you want to take a cool screenshot or just goof around with friends for example.