Sign in to follow this  
thefairy

Wells

I think that you should only be able to fill bottles / canteens at wells.  However some houses should have working sinks, ideally randomly though towns that you can drink straight from.

I like the idea of having some houses having working sinks, But only maybe 1 out of the town/city or such should have a working sink ^.^ but hey thats just my thought :3

Because they will quickly become camping spots imo.  Having to search houses for working sinks would be more fun, especially if they are random each time the server restarts.

Because they will quickly become camping spots imo.  Having to search houses for working sinks would be more fun, especially if they are random each time the server restarts.

then don't go there, but it makes no sense to not be able to drink there

Without a working central system of water supply in towns, I doubt that in houses there are working sinks. Though depends by a story.

What about the wells, then to add a random element, there might be announcements of infection, every restart of server on the different wells.

I dont see any point why you shouldnt be able to drinki at wells..? Camping spots? Like people waiting at wells for poor guys and shooting them down or what?

maybe wells dry up (from use) and add ability to get water from toilet cisterns . Water from houses would have to be very limited if the power to water pumps is off. So only water that would be contained in tanks.

You should 100% be able to get a drink at a place you can fill up a canteen lol. Man I am dieing of thirst, but I had to drop my canteen from this can opener. Now I am dead.

On another note though, having wells randomly dry up or freeze would be cool.

I think that it's too easy to stay well hydrated, and that's because of the wells. There are just too many. I don't even carry a canteen or water bottle anymore, and don't even bother picking up soda cans. Sure, I was dying of thirst every 5 minutes when I first played the game, but once you understand the mechanics (drinking until your character says that their stomach is full), then you can just stop for a bellyful of water every hour or so.

My suggestion for wells would be that players can get an infection from them, but with a lower probability than drinking from a pond or river. Wells would still be better than random ponds, but they are balanced, being more dangerous because of zombies and other players. That way the player would have to boil the water or use the purifying pills (another item that I just throw to the ground whenever I find a medkit).

Edited by HellSnake

I think implementing wells the way they are is much intended by the devs. Thy are like the watering holes of the desert, where the antilope will meet the lion...

There are some regions, notably in the north, which do not have many wells. But I agree, some areas could use a few less of them maybe. I am very much against a basic infection chance from wells, but if another, sick player has used it before, maybe it should spread the disease?

(edit: The water purification tablets do not seem to work properly, it always uses the whole stack for a single use)

Edited by Traveler