wud

Defibrillator ?

Did anyone of you guys used a defibrillator successfully ?
Attached batteries and tried reviving buddys several times which died from bullets, poisoning , etc.
but did not work anyhow.. ?
Is it confirmed not working .. and when/if ... how ?
Btw i, imho, can not imagine reviving a friend, whos body is full of bulletholes o_O

I think it isn't supposed to revive dead ones. Tried it on an unconcious/dead mate but nothing happened. (Might have been the fact that we gave him wrong blood.)

Afaik right now it resuscitates unconscious players, like epinephrine does. Won't work on dead ones.

• Like 2

Last time I checked it didn't work so... Idk if you can use it on unconscious people either

Defibrillator didn't work for me but epinephrine always works if the guy's not dead.

As far as i know, once you inject the wrong bloodtype there is no rescue what so ever.. same goes for chemical poisoning
(when drinking desinfectant spray..which i accidentaly learned to know).
I myself revive my unconcious friends with saline bags, what works just fine because they will stand up with insta-full health.

• Like 1

Doesn't work yet i believe so no point in carrying it with you. But when it does work i hope it won't work on people who got shot, that's just dumb.

if you get shot, you're dead. done. 

• Like 1

Doesn't work yet i believe so no point in carrying it with you. But when it does work i hope it won't work on people who got shot, that's just dumb.

+1

But then, how should it work .. 

For people that starved..?

"         "         "     fell of a building..?

"         "         "     whatever else ?

Edited by dawud

No way it´s ever going to revive a dead person.

Unconscious player yes, but not a dead one....could look at it as a battery powered epipen.

Well anyway, far down the line it might have some serious use, if the health system gets more added to it.

<edit> i seriously don´t know why people even expect it to revive a dead person, when the whole game is built on premise of auhtenticity.

Edited by Frostbyte_
  • Like 2

If i think about that, it should only work for people that died of stravation, poisoning,etc.
So that the Body is not full of Bullets or Broken Bones (when died from falling of a Building).

Edited by dawud

....could look at it as an battery powered epipen.

+1 for that

\sorry for doublepost

Edited by dawud

If i think about that, it should only work for people that died of stravation, poisoning,etc.

So that the Body is not full of Bullets or Broken Bones (when died from falling of a Building).

starvation, dehydration, shock, downing(?) and such should be reason to use the defibs on people.

not sure about poisoning.. could if you go unconscious from it but not if you died from it.

maybe when died from pisoning ...
revive and forcefeed a pound of coaltablets .. ^^ 

I think it isn't supposed to revive dead ones. Tried it on an unconcious/dead mate but nothing happened. (Might have been the fact that we gave him wrong blood.)

In real live defibrilators dont revive dead people. thats just what tv makes you believe. Dont watch TV =)

Defibrilators are for curing unusal movements of the heart muscles which pose an immediate threat to life. Pain, panic & anxiety (this also includes gun shot wounds), drugs and overexertion can cause this kind of unrhythmic contrations. people usually go unconscious.

the only things you can try to revive dead people is heart massage and mouth to mouth. I would like to see that implemented in the game later on.

Dead is dead, agreed.  But as mentioned above, "braindead" is "truly" dead.  Severe blood loss is a common affliction in this game, along with starvation and dehydration that might first lead to cardiac arrest long before brain-death.  My suggestion is that they add an in-between level of death called simply "You have flat-lined"  So... the order would be:

1st. You are unconscious

2nd. You are flat-lined

3rd. You are dead.  :P

I agree that mindless, repeated BF-style reviving of a riddled body is stupid.  Using the example of the Lone Wolf vs. the Squad, if the Lone Wolf was effective enough as an assassin to connect a headshot, he shouldn't be "disregarded" for his effort by the group's ability to revive their fallen partner ad infinitum. However, if the lone wolf could only connect torso/limb shots, or a melee attack which might currently result in death [rather than unconsciousness], it might be an opportunity for a squad member to apply life-saving bandages and defib.  Though it might create a need for further programming (like a flatline-to-death-countdown), it might also bolster the efforts by the game's creators to incorporate realistic medical situations, like adding CPR (with a corresponding lower-success rate).

No body is questioning the fact that bandages miraculously stop bleeding, whether from a bite on the arm or an axe to the torso; furthermore, there is a balance between realism and gaming, and I for one would appreciate more opportunities to revive a partner after hours of collecting gear and staying alive.

I'm not a big fan of the defibrillator as an item, period.

They do nothing for flat-lined hearts or unconscious people. Both uses are equal amounts of bullshit.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

As far as i know, once you inject the wrong bloodtype there is no rescue what so ever.. same goes for chemical poisoning

(when drinking desinfectant spray..which i accidentaly learned to know).

I myself revive my unconcious friends with saline bags, what works just fine because they will stand up with insta-full health.

Same here. I've tried Epi and Defib

Nothing except a Saline bag works when I have unconscious players.

I'm not a big fan of the defibrillator as an item, period.

They do nothing for flat-lined hearts or unconscious people. Both uses are equal amounts of bullshit.

From a purely medical standpoint you are, of course, correct.  But this is a video game, and the medical complexities of cardiology are lost on the lowest-common denominator.  "Flat-lined" is a universally accepted media-propagated condition that we have been led to believe is reversible with defibrillation or CPR.

Wiki - Ventricular fibrillation (V-fib or VF) is a condition in which there is uncoordinated contraction of the cardiac muscle of the ventricles in the heart, making them quiver rather than contract properly. Ventricular fibrillation is the most commonly identified arrhythmia in cardiac arrest patients. 

Telling a user "You are experiencing Ventricular Fibrillation" is a bit cumbersome.  Medically speaking it goes beyond mere unconsciousness [to be in this state] and could be used by the game to bridge the gap between instant death by [insurmountable] trauma like headshots, and slightly less serious trauma, like body shots or severe blood loss.

Smelling salts might be an alternative to epi-pens for an unconsciousness.

Consider content that is accepted fact for this game that we don't question.  If I can remain conscious and continue playing after closing a gushing neck wound with a ripped T-shirt, or be miraculously revived by a bag of salt water, I can't see why there aren't more "survivable" scenarios pertaining to more serious injuries [using the right equipment].

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 1

I for one would like it to revive dead people.  It introduces an interesting gameplay mechanic for team or group play.  Imagine dragging or carrying a buddy to cover in the middle of a fire fight, happens all the time in Invade and Annex and it is quite exciting.

Having the ability to revive dead players will not break the combat of DayZ:SA because it is already broken.  At the slightest indication that someone might die they just log.  If anything the defibrillator will help with the logging problem.  People will be less likely to insta-log if they know a group mate could revive them if they die.

From server hopping to insta-logging immersion is pretty much broken.  To argue that the ability to revive dead players is game breaking is at this point a straw man argument.

The defibrillator will increase the entertainment and play-ability of DayZ:SA.

Combat logging will be fixed, it already as in the mod, and it will be in the SA sooner or later.

Unconsciousness will already accomplish everything you said reviving dead people would, excpet that it makes sense, adds more elements to it via timer which is your mates degenerating condition when he´s blacked out.

True they may need to tweak the values of when you go unconscious and total amount of health etc, but it can all be achieved through this method.

When you´re dead, you truly are dead, that´s what makes the game so good. There´s no loopholes or tricks you can play when your brain is splattered on the ground after you did something stupid.

Unconsciousness will already accomplish everything you said reviving dead people would, excpet that it makes sense, adds more elements to it via timer which is your mates degenerating condition when he´s blacked out.

True they may need to tweak the values of when you go unconscious and total amount of health etc, but it can all be achieved through this method.

When you´re dead, you truly are dead, that´s what makes the game so good. There´s no loopholes or tricks you can play when your brain is splattered on the ground after you did something stupid.

I've been in agreement with this position for most of my argument.  Dead is dead.  I even mentioned in another post that a headshot (aka brain splattered on the ground) is never a situation you can recover from.  

Having been knocked out by someone with a bat and with fists, I can say that the simplest use of "unconsciousness" is a situation you can reawaken from yourself.  Bleeding out, severe poisoning, starvation, chest wounds, stabbings, etc. would be an avenue for a defib to have a 'special' use.  Essentially I'm looking for more variability in the way injuries do and don't lead to death. 

If this is accomplished by altering the parameters of unconsciousness, so be it.  I suppose I'm also caught up in the semantics of someone who's heart stops due to blood loss as 'unconsciousness' ..but I'd be more unhappy if it meant instant death.

What your saying is dumb a defibrillator is for dead people that heart has stopped if you deffib an unconscious person in real life you will kill them.

What your saying is dumb a defibrillator is for dead people that heart has stopped if you deffib an unconscious person in real life you will kill them.

/facepalm. Go google "defibrillator" then come back to apologize about your stupidity. And stop fucking watch TV !

Edited by Isamu7