capt. beefsteak

Combat logging

Combat logging  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should combat logging be allowed??

• Yes, I'm all for getting out when I'm being shot up
    • No, It's unfair to the more steath player.
    • I'm not sure what combat logging is???

KoS'ing is not banditry.

Yeah, it is. Just because it's not the sort of banditry you like doesn't mean it's not banditry.

Oh look, it's one of these threads again.

Oh boy.

Here's a crazy idea...just don't click on it? You knew what it was going to be.

Combat logging is the stupidest shit ever in a game such as this, obviously it should and will be fixed. Its probably a good idea to allow instant logging in tents, sleeping bags etc. though.

Yeah, that sounds a decent idea...but I wanna be able to burn down said tent at some point. :D

FIX IT! For the love of god just fix it I am sick of these bastards escaping a well executed ANYTHING by just teleporting instantly to safety! Ruining the whole game! YES I WANT YOUR PIXELS, red text/green text I don't care!

For one, the question is dumb. "i think its unfair to the more stealth player."

I don't care about the "more stealth player" and even if I did, I don't think that combat logging is unfair to him, because if he is "more stealth" then that tends to imply to me that he could kill a target before it was able to combat log. 

If they can't fix ghosting in, which they almost certainly can't, then I don't think combat logging needs to be 'fixed.' It's two sides of the same coin. 

You Approve of logging so IDK what your deal is.  The thing is not all combat logging works, it's only when you think to gtfo.. other than that your dead.. and of course lag.

But someone with better gear on takes a few more bullets to put down which leads to an easier log.. Trust me, seen it, don't approve, and tired of the combat server jumpers... IT's pure shit..I'm good cause i can exit server reload jump back in and kill you?

Maybe they should let you do that shit in call of duty, pretty sure everyone would shit themselfs and cry for their mommies.

Gaming is just that, however, cheating cause you suck isn't gaming, it's cheating.. Don't say it's an availble exploit when you know that your just being a puss and fail at more than just this game. I would rather be kos'ed with full gear than jump servers to kill a guy with a shovel, you moron's however think that shit is funny and refer to yourself as "good" because of this?? So if you don't play worth a shit that's the new "good"?

How about taking a bullet because you suck ballz and got caught?

More to the point, COMBAT LOGGING TAKES AWAY REALIZM.. Somebody should pass that to Rocket so he know's that people can't get a mulligan in Dayz because they suck.

Edited by Deepfryer

Combat logging ruins the game.  I got shot and killed last night.  The guy told me to put my hands up, I did not comply (for some reason).  I couldn't see him (night server) so I turned a little bit to try and see where on earth he was (my guess is he was a gamma cheater, I am not).  I heard a half-assed "free...." before I was one shotted (somehow, from behind I assume, and I had on a ballistic helmet).  And I believe it was a server hopper since I had completely scanned the area.

But I could have combat logged as soon as he said (put your hands up).  I always give players the benefit of the doubt, so I like to be fair.  However being that I was on top of one of the construction buildings, there was only one logical place he could have been, and no way he could have seen me without his gamma jacked up.

So to complete the list:

-Combat Logging

-Server Hopping

-Ghosting

-Gamma Cheaters

All ruin the game and how it's supposed to be played.  While I wouldn't dare tell the devs what should and should not be done (stability and optimization still trumps these right now, imo), these are definitely game ruiners for the fair players among us.  No way homeboy could have seen me creeping on top of a construction building without his gamma way up.  And no way he was in the vicinity since I was up high and scanning my surroundings specifically to identify movement.

If he was playing without any of the above cheating/crutch methods, then he should be renamed Ryu Hayabusa.

Oh look, it's one of these threads again.

Oh boy.

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

I like the cut of your jib, but you seem quite cynical. 

I wanna stress this point... KoS isn't listed in this topic.. Hell i was popped with full gear last night and took it like a boss.. Went and got more as well... it's not that big of a deal to me anymore.. The guy made no attempts at verbal comms (Actually I think the dude said "well looky what we have here lol") .. I didn't jump around and all that shit though.. I just died, he won, got the jump on me. I don't suck because of this, I just got complacent is all, I was bs'ing helping a buddy get taken care of and took a few to the head. My buddy got away lol...

KoS is becoming more and more understandable, gear, food, fear, so many other emotions to list.. One dude with a gun vs one dude with a gun in a survival sim isn't probably suppose to go well unless you know them. Troll Snipers complaining for more than the moslin ( to do nothing but ruin peoples day ) is slightly irritating but still w/e.. I will not kill a fresh spawn unless he run's at me aka tries something funny.

Just remember, in a real situation you can't log out, so the good player doesn't need to log out and flank and log in, they are better than you already if they had the jump on you from the get go, there isn't anything that changes the fact that if you combat log, then jump back in after flanking you suck at this game.. That's basically what i want the loggers to know. Because when they take this away and you can't do it anymore, your basically a sitting duck, and personally I can't wait to hear your ass crying.

Edited by Deepfryer

I like the cut of your jib, but you seem quite cynical.

I just wish people would play fair i suppose.

Edited by Deepfryer

I just wish people would play fair i suppose.

Agreed.

Nothing is more frustrating than being killed by someone using one of the shitty methods we all hate and despise.

-Combat loggers

-Ghosters

-Server Hoppers

-Gamma Cheaters

All need to die in a fire.

It's all good, I just read that rocket is going to make it so you can't server jump (combat log to be precise) when he get's back from where ever he is.

I hope it ruin's the game for those that currently ruin the game for me. I will say this, it's not most people.. It's a small percentage that do it. I won't mind if it's a fix that doesn't allow them back into the server that they logged out of for say.. 20mins or so?? But I would really like it if your not able to hop out while bleeding and not able to rejoin that server for 20 mins.. You have to be able to leave the server, however if bleeding that would mean you have to bandage yourself prior to leaving, if not a "your ass is gonna die if you log out" message should appear and you should have to accept it, respawn and try your luck again...

EDIT:

My buddy and I played last night and he fell to his death, I was able to salvage some of his gear and give it back to him after this.. I wonder personally, since your body stays even after you respawn on the same server, are you able, lets say if close enough to run back to you own corpse and reclaim what you lost??

He was running back, however he died on the nw airstrip from the fire tower, he was a fresh spawn, however all his gear was still there..

Edited by Deepfryer