Sign in to follow this  
razgriz93@gmail.com

Random ideas from a VERY tired mind.

So. Tired. In bed. But I can't sleep. I need to write stuff or I won't be happy.

Vehicle Modifications:

I know it's too early to talk about vehicles. Anyway, adding metal plates/makeshift blades to the car in order to make ir more resilient/shred zombies and bambis apart at the expense of speed and handling.

Makeshift Explosives:

A gas tank, some kind of fuse, matches. Not an expert of explosives, would it be possible to make an improvised, low power grenade with a little gas tank like the ones we have?

Nailed Shoes:

Add nails to shoes. Gives a boost to speed while walking along slopes, a malus while walking in flat ground and deteriorate while walking on roads and hard stuff.

Makeshift stuff!:

A bottle, rags, duct tape and voilà, a perfect suppressor. Throws aim off by a mile, but nobody cares. Spray all day.

Slingshot:

We have rocks. I want to crack heads with those.

Medical Overhaul:

More in-depth medical system, bullet-caused infections and all that stuff.

Possibly things that requite a second person to be done.

I'll just sleep now. I have some more stuff, but I am fairly sure 90% of the above have already been said.

• Like 4

Hey on your last point on Medical Overhaul you said "..Possibly things that require a second person to be done."

If they were to add something like that they should also provide an alternative to solo players, for example in the Mod one needed another person to perform a blood transfusion, which was a relatively quick process for restoring blood levels. But if you were a solo player and couldn't gain access to another player with a blood bag you had to take the much longer process of hunting animals, gutting them, chopping wood and cooking them over a fire. If you couldn't do this (no hunting knife, matches etc) you had to find lots of cans and food and stuff your face.

My point is if a 'two-person job' is added there must be a solo alternative, whether it be a longer process or have some kind of shortcoming.

My two cents,

Sobaka

TYS

Screens and such make your mind and eyes active, greatly increasing how hard you will find it to fall asleep.

If you need to sleep, focus on thinking of absolutely NOTHING and keeping your eyes closed.

The sleep comes soon.

Screens and such make your mind and eyes active, greatly increasing how hard you will find it to fall asleep.

If you need to sleep, focus on thinking of absolutely NOTHING and keeping your eyes closed.

The sleep comes soon.

You don't know me.

I fell asleep playing planetside 2.

Hey on your last point on Medical Overhaul you said "..Possibly things that require a second person to be done."

If they were to add something like that they should also provide an alternative to solo players, for example in the Mod one needed another person to perform a blood transfusion, which was a relatively quick process for restoring blood levels. But if you were a solo player and couldn't gain access to another player with a blood bag you had to take the much longer process of hunting animals, gutting them, chopping wood and cooking them over a fire. If you couldn't do this (no hunting knife, matches etc) you had to find lots of cans and food and stuff your face.

My point is if a 'two-person job' is added there must be a solo alternative, whether it be a longer process or have some kind of shortcoming.

My two cents,

Sobaka

TYS

I disagree tbh, what I like about this game is that it strives to be a survival simulator and although I'm unsure of the dev's aims and ultimate goals I would love for it to go further than this in terms of being able to manipulate the world through reclaiming old facilities or building/modding buildings and vehicles.

Having said this though, as it is a simulator, some tasks require more than one person, simple as that. Although I don't disagree with solo players, I don't think they should be able to achieve the same kind of tasks/activities a group of survivors might try to achieve.

• Like 1

@3rdParty please elaborate on why Solo players shouldn't be able to complete something two people can. Like I said there should be IMO a shortcoming or it should take a long, long amount of time to achieve the alternative. Or maybe there would be a temporary fix for the solo player until they find someone who would permanently fix the problem. This would only be for essentials. If there was something like repairing the main rotor assembly on a helicopter that required more than one person than the solo player would have no way of doing it, no alternative, that's it. But if it was something medical for example you could make use of a 'quick fix', head to a hospital or city and get someone to help you so its 'fixed for good'.

My two cents,

Sobaka

TYS