ChadPlaysDayZ

Stuck on "Please wait..." screen after "Wait for host" screen

When joining a server I get stuck at the "Please wait..." screen that directly follows the "Wait for host" screen. After re-installing the game twice and changing my profile name to spawn a new character I am still having the same issue. I found out that somehow I am lagging servers out when I join them after attempting to join a friends server several times. I don't want to lag out servers and ruin the experience for any of the other survivors so I am going to stop playing or trying to play until I get help. Does anyone have any idea how I may be able to fix this? I am capable of playing CSGO fine so I believe this is a DayZ side problem on my end.

Same here, after a crash this game just broke down completly, stuck in waiting for host screen.

I have done everything from clicking respawn, reinstalling the game, changing my steam name, deleting the config files, verifying game cache, and countless other things recommended by other people. I will link to a video showing what happens when I try to play.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5yDAWjqqjE

By the way the issue is not with the new update, or with BE, because this issue has been going on for 3 weeks. I literally signed out in Lopatino with a bunch of gear on me, and when I tried to sign on the next day, this started happening. Anyone know how to fix this?

Well im going to investigate and do my own troubleshooting now.

1. restart = no change

2. restart pc = no change

3. verify integrety of game cache = no change

4. delete battleye dll's and delete steam file in days folder, then reinstall them using steam verify tool = no change

5. remove .cfg options file for a complete wipe of video settings = no change

6. reinstall = no change...

7.. fuck this..

• Like 1

Did you check your firewall, ive had this probem as found my firewall was blocking it randomly, sometimes it would not other times it would. I was using zonealarm btw.

Did you check your firewall! ive had to mess around with mine a few times as it randomly blocks me from conecting to a server!

I turned my antivirus and my firewall off, neither seemed to work.

Hi,

I played a very long time on DayZ SA. Several days without any problem.

Today I played on a server and taked a break. When I tried to connect again I didn't be able to connect again.

With this message

"Wait for Host"

after a moment I had this one

"Connection with host has been lost"

I can see a lot of server with a good ping! but can't connect them

Players on the server(my friends) can see :

"has been kicked by battleye client has bit responding"

I have no firewall, I check Windows firewall, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. No way

I have this message "wait for host"

Thx a lot to help me

I am having the same problem. You should try connecting to a friends server and see if you are lagging the servers out like I have been. I haven't gotten any good help and I have tried contacting some of the forum admins. Very disappointed I haven't been able to play for over a week now and school is about to start back up for me.

I understand the whole Alpha so the in game bugs and what not are fine. However, not being able to play the game at all is a problem. The even bigger problem is that this issue causes me to lag out the servers I attempt to join, which is ruining the gaming over other users as well. I feel its a pretty big problem that should be looked into but after contacting 3 separate "Forum Team" members I only got a response from a single person asking me, "Have you tried posting in the Troubleshooting forum?" I am pretty upset with the assistance or lack there of that this issue has been given.

Sad to hear chad.

1. First try to download new network card drivers, even if their the same you'rs might be corrupt.

2. Download this TCP optimizer

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

3. Then after downloading and installing(remember to choose you'r internet speed and click optimize), then restart your computer.

4. After restart deactivate firewall, check if windows firewall is deactivated too if running other firewalls.

Check if dayz's port is open on the modem, maybe your modem is being difficult.

Deactivate all your virus programs and maleware scanners too.

See if that helps :)

zEJSrVG.jpg

Edited by exurok

I am having the same problem. You should try connecting to a friends server and see if you are lagging the servers out like I have been. I haven't gotten any good help and I have tried contacting some of the forum admins. Very disappointed I haven't been able to play for over a week now and school is about to start back up for me.

It does! When they are in the vicinity of me, they can't open doors, pick up items, etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem, because we might actually get this to their attention so we can actually play!

Edited by Contriturate

Hello,

almost every day, since I bought this game, I have problem with the "Wait for host" screen. It occurs mostly on logging into server, after I properly logged out from another (not in combat). After this occurs, I am usually unable to log into any server for app. 3 - 5 hours.

Does someone know, what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I have a very similar issue , but i get stuck on wait for host every time i try and play , i have not been able to the play the game at all since release , and eventually the game goes unresponsive. 

OK, so I found out that problem seems to be in my internet connection. When "wait for host" problem occured I changed my internet connection to some different and I could connect properly. 

But the question is - why is this happening, if I can play for hours on this "buggy connection" without a problem? I have no problems with stability or speed on this connection, everything other works just fine when I can't connect to the server.

Edited by tommik

I am having the same problem. I was with my group, which is my clan, when my game crashed and my character broke his legs. I came back and reconnected into the game, dropped all my stuff, and attempted a re-spawn. However when I tried to re-spawn it went to the "spawning in 30 seconds" dialogue which, after the countdown finished, just stated "You are dead." I restarted the game and my computer and neither solution is allowing me to join any server at this point without being stuck on the "Please Wait" screen or the "You are Dead" screen. My computer specs are :

EVGA 1000w Power Supply

Asus Maximus V Formula

Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz+

EVGA Geforce 780GTX ACX Edition

G.Skill 8x2gb RAM @ 1866MHz

120gb SSD

60gb SSD

700gb HDD

2tb 7200RPM HDD (where DayZ is Installed)

I woke up and no change. I still cannot play. I was hoping it was just a temporary server malfunction of some sort. Now I am starting to get pissed off. It is one thing to tolerate expected glitches and post about them. It is completely another deal when the game is so trashed it is unplayable. I cannot respawn, I cannot create a new character, I cannot join a different server without the bullshit "you are unconscious" message, and a re-install doesn't change anything. The games malfunctions even went out of its way to change my name from "JDRhoads" to PJDRhoads."  <_< This alpha is the worst alpha I have seen yet! And its very upsetting. 

its happened to me also, i just logged into a hardcore server or a game mode where you have a live character and then go back and log into your main character. If that wont work set your max ping in your server filters to 99999 and search for "delete" you will get a few character del servers log into one and then once your at the "your dead" screen log into a normal server. 

• Like 1