bjarnidk

Why won't you fix the mouse?

These are my current mouse settings; it makes the mouse move quickly and accurately. You should try them out and see if they work for you. I DO wish I could disable mouse acceleration, though.

DayZ2014-01-0916-36-55-11_zps7f731aa0.pn

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Mouse acceleration is just plain stupid and there is nothing "realistic" about it. I can do a 360 faster in real life than I can do a 180 in DayZ. Maybe if you are fat and weight 300lbs I could see how you could think that negative acceleration is realistic, but it isn't.

If you ever played a game on idTech engine or its child-engine (and I'm sure you did - Quake 3, Half-Life etc.) you should know how normal and proper mouse movement works. Arma's mouse movement is a sad joke.

play the game for 5 minutes and you dont even notice it anymore... its not even that bad and I feel like a lot of people are whiny little boys about it...

I have like 1500 hours of Operation Flashpoint alone, know what that is? It was the same back then and i still dislike it now. I'd really like it to go. I was doing the WW2 coastal battles re-enactments with the other zombie apocalypse survivors WW2 re-enactors today and was trying frantically to look up the hill above me and below and all around and it was just a wonky, weird, dizzy mess, even at 40+ fps.

Heres the thing about looking around (not aiming a weapon or moving the body). Your eyes and your head work together to look around very quickly. You need only move your head 45 degrees to look 90 degrees right and left because your eyes move the remaining 45 degrees AND leave some room for a lot of peripheral view. All of the movements in the game are a compromise between looking around vs. moving around and looking vs. moving during a adrenaline fueled fire fight, but what we do most is look around. I agree though that there should be a realistic cap, but i do think that head movement should be a bit faster than body, but body turn rate should be as fast as it is when holding something.

What about Y and X axis going hail-shit storm when moving mouse left to right?

What about different speed when switching to freelook?

What about Y moving slower than X?

If this is what you all are arguing about, then this has nothing, nada, zilch, zero to do with a discussion on mouse acceleration!

The reason you can look up and down faster than left to right while not in freelook is simply that up and down are just head movements. Left and right you're moving your whole damned body. And if you have a gun extended in front of you, that is going to slow you down even more.

In freelook both move at the same speed, unless you've screwed up the x- y- sensitivities.

These are design choices by the dev team, not bugs or mistakes.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Got to admit one of the few features I don't like as a new player is the mouse movement. 

I'm an older gamer and have had to put up with mouse issues like this since OPFLASH and other sim games.

I'm sure there are better ways to implement the mouse movement. I also believe a more fluid mouse would not deter the simulation aspect as we do need some concessions as we are physically not attached to our avatar. In real life you have a far greater and quicker range of movement if you decide to.

EDIT: Sorry Thane was obviously typing this when you were lol.

Edited by ArcAngelSlayer

Hi.

Though I've always turned mouse acc. off in other game engines, I like it in the rv engine.

Anybody who thinks they can run around fully kitted(hell even with just a rifle in hand), doing 360's whilst maintaining perfect aim irl is obviously a delusional idiot.

I like how in the rv engine the body and weapon have inertia, unlike all the AAA garbage games on the market.

If mouse acc. is the only way Rocket can achieve this, then so be it.

Go play cod or some other trashy, twitch shooter dm game.

Regards.

Hi.

Though I've always turned mouse acc. off in other game engines, I like it in the rv engine.

Anybody who thinks they can run around fully kitted(hell even with just a rifle in hand), doing 360's whilst maintaining perfect aim irl is obviously a delusional idiot.

I like how in the rv engine the body and weapon have inertia, unlike all the AAA garbage games on the market.

If mouse acc. is the only way Rocket can achieve this, then so be it.

Go play cod or some other trashy, twitch shooter dm game.

Regards.

In fairness with enough practice people can get pretty good at it. Been an airsofter for quite a while. Its not easy but quick movement and good accuracy can be achieved.

360 degrees I'll admit I've never tried but 180's on a regular basis.

I think a balance has to be made as right now its not great to use, it takes practice pointing at a can of beans to be honest!

Edited by ArcAngelSlayer

Isn't it connected to your character's dexterity, like a close combat buttstock would increase your dexterity?

I think Rocket said something, somewhere about it.

Edited by Dallas

X & Y Sensitivity to 0, use mouse's own settings to make it faster. (If you have a gaming mouse, that is.)

Should eliminate acceleration. 

Edited by Konna