unsocializedgamer

Singleplayer?

If your lucky enough to find an empty server.. Voilà, singleplayer :)

• Like 2

If your lucky enough to find an empty server.. Voilà, singleplayer :)

Lol, yup..

Single player mode:

You're naked, hungry and thirsty>find food>find drink>find bandages>You've been hit by a zombie, bandage yourself>go to x and find an x>now go to x and find an x, go to an island and find x, this one's broken, go back to x>now go to x and find blah blah blah... The end.

• Like 3

As everyone said there's probably not gonna be a single player, but it would be nice, so you could play without internet.

• Like 1

You can't play MMO's offline / singleplayer, as you're not supposed to.

It's as easy as that - you can't play WoW offline as well - there's no point.

As everyone said there's probably not gonna be a single player, but it would be nice, so you could play without internet.

I read that as "after i'm banned  for cheating I would still like to play offline mode" but i'm a dick

I see no point in not having singleplayer. the only player iteractio right now is a bullet to the face. And tht's not fun. And I am having fun all the time by killing zombies and looting. In all my 60+ hours I've never killed anyone

• Like 1

People usually rent a server and name it "Don't enter, character reset server" or "Private hive you'll be banned" and things like that to play alone or with max. 3 players. Although I highly recommend you not to do it, I think you'd be banned and lose your 30 bucks :| ...

Hi.

If you really want singleplayer you could set up a locked private hive server, once the option is available. No idea if it's worth the server rental fees to you or not though.

Regards.

I do want a singleplayer. But not so I don't meet people. That is a part of the game. I mostly want a single player so I would be able to play at those times when I don't have internet.

Single player with AI bandits/heros would be brilliant. I can't play online due to my poor internet connection so I had to give up playing last year, but I do miss the zombie killing, looting and finding vehicles to repair (which I enjoyed with our without other players on the server).  So a single player option would be a good idea imho, what's so wrong with wanting to play this game offline anyway? As for comparing this game to WoW , that's just ridiculous (shall we compare it to RuneScape while we're at it?)..

I've played DayZ for 3 years, ran several custom servers and one official server.  In all that time the one thing I've learnt about the DayZ community is that there are more opinionated single-minded bullies than there are decent open minded live-and-let-live type players.  I wish the staff and fan-boys of this community would stop telling everyone HOW the game should be played, if I want to play offline, I'll find a way and just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean it isn't a good idea for myself or others.  

But then, you compare DayZ to WoW and you've already lost my attention :p lol

• Like 1

Dude. Why would you WANT a single player? That would make this game absolutely dull and pointless. At least at this point in development.

In my personal experience, I've found that those people who don't like the idea of a single player offline option , are the those type of players who enjoy killing other players for the lols, the sniper hill losers, the trolls, you know the types. Those types don't quite get the same sick pleasure from killing an AI, because AI don't have human feelings and can't be messed with psychologically.  Admit it, you don't like the idea of a single player mode because all those millions of players who get fed up with being lol killed will eventually opt for the offline version, which will ultimately leave you and your other lol kill buddies to deal with each other, which is boring because they enjoy killing each other and don't get upset about it.. True? Yeah, It's true!   

• Like 1

If there was singleplayer I would mod the shit out this game and there would be vehicles.

• Like 1

In my personal experience, I've found that those people who don't like the idea of a single player offline option , are the those type of players who enjoy killing other players for the lols, the sniper hill losers, the trolls, you know the types. Those types don't quite get the same sick pleasure from killing an AI, because AI don't have human feelings and can't be messed with psychologically. Admit it, you don't like the idea of a single player mode because all those millions of players who get fed up with being lol killed will eventually opt for the offline version, which will ultimately leave you and your other lol kill buddies to deal with each other, which is boring because they enjoy killing each other and don't get upset about it.. True? Yeah, It's true!

No actually maybe we like this little thing called SOCIAL INTERACTION.

Dude. Why would you WANT a single player? That would make this game absolutely dull and pointless. At least at this point in development.

It would to you, but not to others. We all have different gaming styles. I can see it from your point of view and I know what you're saying, but not everyone thinks like you (or the other half of the community).  Just try and accept that, ok.  Don't get me wrong, if my internet was working properly I'd be online 24/7 , probably on a friendly server of course :p , but as it is right now I cant get online properly , but I would truly enjoy playing it single player with just me, the bots and the zeds!

No actually maybe we like this little thing called SOCIAL INTERACTION.

Most people do, I'm a very social person. For me social interaction means getting outdoors though, in the real world. But that's another discussion.  I get your point and I totally accept it, but all I'm asking is that you try to see what myself and the others are asking for. What about those of us who can't get online ? Would you be ok if we had a billy-no-mates version to play offline? :( please :p

It would to you, but not to others. We all have different gaming styles. I can see it from your point of view and I know what you're saying, but not everyone thinks like you (or the other half of the community). Just try and accept that, ok. Don't get me wrong, if my internet was working properly I'd be online 24/7 , probably on a friendly server of course :p , but as it is right now I cant get online properly , but I would truly enjoy playing it single player with just me, the bots and the zeds!

I understand your point that everyone has there own opinions i just to understand why playing lone-wolf wouldn't be the same thing. Especially since you would have to wait for human bots to be added and most people arent even fans of the zombie AI.

Most people do, I'm a very social person. For me social interaction means getting outdoors though, in the real world. But that's another discussion.  I get your point and I totally accept it, but all I'm asking is that you try to see what myself and the others are asking for. What about those of us who can't get online ? Would you be ok if we had a billy-no-mates version to play offline? :( please :P

DayZ is supposed to be a 100% player driven experience. "Singleplayer DayZ" is pretty much a paradox. It isn't DayZ without other players.

Most people do, I'm a very social person. For me social interaction means getting outdoors though, in the real world. But that's another discussion. I get your point and I totally accept it, but all I'm asking is that you try to see what myself and the others are asking for. What about those of us who can't get online ? Would you be ok if we had a billy-no-mates version to play offline? :( please :p

Hey all i was saying is that your post was far from the truth with this one. If you want a single-player then that's your deal and i will respect it. Just don't say the people who disagree with your opinion are the guys playing solely to kill people because that simply isn't true. The medics for instance would have no use for a single player. Thats all im saying.
  • Like 1

I understand your point that everyone has there own opinions i just to understand why playing lone-wolf wouldn't be the same thing. Especially since you would have to wait for human bots to be added and most people arent even fans of the zombie AI.

You're doing it again. You're speaking for yourself and a minority group of supporters. There are thousands of posts with people asking for single player versions, but most of them (this thread included) tend to get buried with comments like yours. 

You say you understand my point about "opinions" , but my point is about choice, not opinions. As for most people aren't even fans of the Zombie AI, I disagree because on my servers I was being asked to increase the numbers and add in headshot kills for zeds only etc.. So I'm going to end by saying that I think you're being very selective and single minded with your "opinions" here :)

Your opinion shouldn't stop others from having a choice. But then saying that, one of the reasons this community doesn't appeal to me any more is the "Play it OUR way, or sod off" attitude reminds me of just how single minded this place is.

Peace out :)

Hey all i was saying is that your post was far from the truth with this one. If you want a single-player then that's your deal and i will respect it. Just don't say the people who disagree with your opinion are the guys playing solely to kill people because that simply isn't true. The medics for instance would have no use for a single player. Thats all im saying.

I agree with that. Didn't see this until after my previous post, so I hope you read it in context :D

• Like 1

You're doing it again. You're speaking for yourself and a minority group of supporters. There are thousands of posts with people asking for single player versions, but most of them (this thread included) tend to get buried with comments like yours.

You say you understand my point about "opinions" , but my point is about choice, not opinions. As for most people aren't even fans of the Zombie AI, I disagree because on my servers I was being asked to increase the numbers and add in headshot kills for zeds only etc.. So I'm going to end by saying that I think you're being very selective and single minded with your "opinions" here :)

Your opinion shouldn't stop others from having a choice. But then saying that, one of the reasons this community doesn't appeal to me any more is the "Play it OUR way, or sod off" attitude reminds me of just how single minded this place is.

Peace out :)

Dude seriously. I am fine with your opinion!! Im simply stating my own. Also I LIKE THE ZEDS. Also im not taking away anyones choice. You can choose to believe unicorns and dragons are real for all i care.

I agree with that. Didn't see this until after my previous post, so I hope you read it in context :D

Ok im gonna just leave this thread now xD. Have a nice day.