Sign in to follow this  
Etherimp

The Hero

Have recreated the Mod's Hero skin to the best possible ability

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/687096420299603212/0E4B3B76B5C47FDE24BB0D1F74B94DC51FBCAA35/

-Beige Baseball Cap

-White Check Shirt

-Blue Jeans

-Jogging Shoes

-Tactical Vest

-Black Working Gloves

(More pics to come)

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 12

Nice! I like it and actually isn't too far off.  :beans:

How you can view your status as 'Healthy' ?

I can't see the Healthy or Sick status, even if sometimes I'm coughing or I'm fully fine.

Another pic.. My buddy and I in identical hero costumes.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486686882244737490/55A3014C543707DA40F652EF70A82087B2BDFCEE/

To answer your question: You have to get your energy and hydration levels up pretty far in order to get "healthy" status.. Try eating an entire bag of rice, then drinking water from a pump until you are "full". Wait about 30 minutes, then eat a bunch of cans of beans, or condensed milk, then drink again until full. You should be "healthy" by that point, unless you are infected/sick/otherwise have a negative status ailment.

Nice. I really like the "normal" clothes when people wear them.

I happened to find a full set of TTsKO or what ever clothes in my first 5 minutes this time other wise I would have gone with something similar.

Nice! That's what I'm trying to do too!! Got tired of the generic camo style. Almost perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Haha nice!

How to long to gather every pieces? ;)

It varies.. You can start out with Blue Jeans. Black Gloves are easy to find in any industrial area.. The Tactical Vest is pretty common in ATC's and Barracks.. The White Check Shirt, Jogging Shoes, and Beige BaseballCap take the longest, and it's totally random.. Since my buddy and I only pick up "Pristine" stuff, we come across destroyed/damaged versions of those items all the time, but getting a pristine one can take a while.. High Value Residentials is what we stick to.

I'd say a few hours, max.

Edited by Etherimp

Keep us updated on those heroes exploit! (I'm having such a hard time finding the correct items... lol  I tried a blue check shirt but it was too far off. Only found 1 badly damaged Beige baseball cap, never seen the white check shirt, or black jogging shoes. Spent 3 hours looking through hundreds of houses! :D  It can be a pretty hard quest! )

Edited by Odin Lowe

I'd say, ditch the mouthmask.

I actually did for a while tonight, but I ended up putting it back on cuz I was running out of inventory space and didn't want to drop it completely, since it's Pristine. I probably will eventually though.

Keep us updated on those heroes exploit! (I'm having such a hard time finding the correct items... lol  I tried a blue check shirt but it was too far off. Only found 1 badly damaged Beige baseball cap, never seen the white check shirt, or black jogging shoes. Spent 3 hours looking throught hundresd of houses! :D  It can be a pretty hard quest! )

Well, 2 days ago I was checking out NWAF with 2 "hero" friends from the Mod.. We've been running together for a while. We were making our way up to the Tents to camp and wait for server hoppers so we could exterminate them like the vermin they are, when I ran across the Prison just north of the firestation, and caught a military geared guy with an axe and Payday mask running out of the building.. he called "friendly", (because he saw I had a gun and he was unarmed, obviously), so I told him I was friendly too.. Told him, "Look dude.. look what I am wearing.. I'm not going to shoot you.".. Clearly he had never played the mod before, because he didn't recognize the cloths.. either that, or he never saw a hero in the mod. So, I started a conversation with him and asked him if he needed anything.. taught him how to test his own blood. He had A+, which isn't great for donating, so didn't bother taking any off of him. Instead, gave him a saline bag and sent him on his way..

..In retrospect, I probably should have popped him for wearing the payday mask, but figure this good experience may encourage him to think twice in the future before KOSing people.

• Like 3

I have the Hero skin in the mod but I don't like it exactly the way it is, so here's my outfit. Rocket aviators aaaand it's perfect!

291df1x.png

Edited by Ansssi
  • Like 1

I have the Hero skin in the mod but I don't like it exactly the way it is, so here's my outfit. Rocket aviators aaaand it's perfect!

291df1x.png

Looks awesome. A bit different from the OP, which I really like, but both seems very hero skin to me. If I saw this guy on Chernaurus I would trust him no problem. GJ guys!

Started a new character. Gave all my stuff to my friend who recently acquired DayZ SA, and started fresh. Will post pics of the end result. It's refreshing to be wearing civilian clothes for once. Last time I played DayZ epoch or Breaking Point, was usually wearing military gear and since most players in SA end up wearing similar military clothes the distinction between bandits and heroes is very hard to determine. Keep it up guys!

I actually did for a while tonight, but I ended up putting it back on cuz I was running out of inventory space and didn't want to drop it completely, since it's Pristine. I probably will eventually though.

Well, 2 days ago I was checking out NWAF with 2 "hero" friends from the Mod.. We've been running together for a while. We were making our way up to the Tents to camp and wait for server hoppers so we could exterminate them like the vermin they are, when I ran across the Prison just north of the firestation, and caught a military geared guy with an axe and Payday mask running out of the building.. he called "friendly", (because he saw I had a gun and he was unarmed, obviously), so I told him I was friendly too.. Told him, "Look dude.. look what I am wearing.. I'm not going to shoot you.".. Clearly he had never played the mod before, because he didn't recognize the cloths.. either that, or he never saw a hero in the mod. So, I started a conversation with him and asked him if he needed anything.. taught him how to test his own blood. He had A+, which isn't great for donating, so didn't bother taking any off of him. Instead, gave him a saline bag and sent him on his way..

..In retrospect, I probably should have popped him for wearing the payday mask, but figure this good experience may encourage him to think twice in the future before KOSing people.

Brilliant. I enjoy reading those survivor stories. You really are a hero. It's not easy playing as one. Wearing these clothes may help you getting recognize by old DayZ mod players, but it works in both ways. I remember being killed back then just for being one sometimes... It's tough being a hero, but it's more gratifying in the end. (at least for me)

So finally got something pretty decent after about 3 hours of gameplay. Found most items I needed in 4 or 5 places, while most houses didn't have what I was looking for.

2014_01_09_00056.jpg

2014_01_09_00050.jpg

Didn't find any tactical vest, but the UK assault black looks very similar.

2014_01_09_00038.jpg

The original DayZ mod Hero skin (ArmA2 PMC dlc player skin) to compare. 

This was actually a private hive with other players, but the hero in front was some kind of AI/bot/clone bug. My friend's at my right, and this ''Matthew Lewis'' wasn't on the player list, nor was he answering. We thought it was the admin or something playing a trick, since we had been playing on that server for a month+ and never saw any kind of AI or bots at any time, before, or after that encounter.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a leg holster, would be even similar, and besides, I wouldn't mind having other holsters.

arma2oa_2013_05_17_22_42_27_40.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

Yeah a leg holster and a few hip holsters would be awesome. A leg holster for the knife as well.

Started off with the blue shirt (which I really like) then switched for the black and white one. Then added black pants. Now I look like a pissed off Oakland Raiders fan.

characters_zps471c887c.jpg

• Like 2

This game needs some cowboy hats. And a leg holster. And the possibility to ride a horse.  B)

• Like 2

It is nice to know what a hero dresses like. Even though I still won't trust anyone wearing it. OH LOOK A HERO, oh nevermind he was a bandit in disguise. the rest of his 4 bandit friends just popped out the treeline and here they come!

I really like the light blue color shirts. Makes the player seem less menacing and more inviting, but of course, the problem is that anybody could dress up like that and label themselves a "hero". 

I really like the light blue color shirts. Makes the player seem less menacing and more inviting, but of course, the problem is that anybody could dress up like that and label themselves a "hero". 

Yeah, I thought about that too, but it can take quite some time to get all parts, and I doubt a bandit would ditch item space (jeans only 4 space, shirt only 2 space) to try and trick people. Most bandit love their style and wear the masks instead, in full TTskO camo. Then again, you never know...

But anyway, I dress as a hero and play as one since the mod. You get betrayed, killed more and overall it's tougher that way, but I like it more. Peace! To each his own!

I've been searching for the beige baseball cap for a long time and can't find it yet. I've been planning to do this exact hero setup but that damn cap eludes me...:(

I've been searching for the beige baseball cap for a long time and can't find it yet. I've been planning to do this exact hero setup but that damn cap eludes me... :(

lol, I'm carrying a spare one... If you really can't find one, I'll give it to you.(was saving it for my friend, but we can find another one.)

I tend to find a lot of hats in the "machine shops".. To understand the type of building I am talking about: There is one in Cherno, I believe, near the Fire Station. It's a tan and green trimmed long building, with machines on the inside, and a staircase in the back that leads to a room with 6 unenterable doors.. there are also a couple of offices downstairs. 

Otherwise, just stick to high value residential spawns.. (Any building with double doors).. Also, the "restaurant" type buildings tend to spawn higher level loot.

Had to kill a bandit today. Didn't want to cooperate, tried to flank me, didn't answer when called upon again and attacked me. Sadly for him, he could've live, and maybe leave with something. Gotta stay on your guard when facing a masked and armed man!

I saw him enter the prison so I tried to communicate from the tower, then went down the stares and tried again. He then went out, strafing with his gun pointed at me.

2014_01_10_00012.jpg

For some reason he thought it would be a good idea to crouch, prone, then roll and try to shoot me. He missed a shot, I fired back, didn't miss.

2014_01_10_00013.jpg

Maybe he didn't understand me, but he didn't attempt to communicate in any other way than with his gun...

2014_01_10_00014.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

I tend to find a lot of hats in the "machine shops".. To understand the type of building I am talking about: There is one in Cherno, I believe, near the Fire Station. It's a tan and green trimmed long building, with machines on the inside, and a staircase in the back that leads to a room with 6 unenterable doors.. there are also a couple of offices downstairs. 

Otherwise, just stick to high value residential spawns.. (Any building with double doors).. Also, the "restaurant" type buildings tend to spawn higher level loot.

That's where I found mine, in the ''machine shops''. There's one in the industrial park near Berezino.