Greaves

Players, communicte more please.

koS is unrewarding way???

you mean quick profit no risk of combat log body for loot system have no reward???? :huh:

loot is reward ;)

successful hunt is reward ;)

victory over human is reward ;)

Try to play less like a game, and more like real life. Would you simply shoot everyone in real life if there was an apocalypse? Every human being? And thus reduce the survival of the human race even further?

Edited by Greaves

Try to play less like a game, and more like real life. Would you simply shoot everyone in real life? Every human being?

Good luck telling that to next guy who kills you.

Edited by raynor009

Try to play less like a game, and more like real life. Would you simply shoot everyone in real life if there was an apocalypse? Every human being? And thus reduce the survival of the human race even further?

Yes. Precisely.

• Like 1

Try to play less like a game, and more like real life. Would you simply shoot everyone in real life? Every human being?

listen me >:(

I don't kill unarm guys

I don't kill if I don't have need

I make conversation sometime

I help guys and also make team for common goal sometime

but if I need food/drink/ammo/battery and I see guy with gun

he dead ;)

no speak

no remorse

and I am having fun :D

listen me > :(

I don't kill unarm guys

he dead ;)

no speak

no remorse

Cause that's how we role in Soviet Russia )))) right?

I don't kill unarm guys

he dead ;)

no speak

no remorse

And yet, i think you would like it if someone else left you alive, right? You wont believe how many players i have had in my scope already, but i let them go, even when i need their stuff. Because i would have liked it if they let me live, if the situation was reversed. 

I only kill if i see someone kill unarmed players, or if someone is a direct threat to me. And even then, i make a conversation first. Yes, 'tis more risky, but so much more fun and rewarding.

Ok kos is the way to go usually when u 1st start playing these kind of games, i agree, but i dont. Yesterday me and my mates found a group of 4 guys looting the military compound at night close to Vybor. After a while the moved out to a tree line close by to regroup. Since no1 of my group was in the mood of trying to communicate with them (KOS guys) i took my chances and crawled all the way to them, when i finally was there i watched for a bit and without standing up i said "hey cool gear guys" .Took em a second or two but they eventually filled me up with lead, i was still laughing on global. Now i didnt need anything, my group didnt need anything, i can find everything in like half hour. Why should i kos them. Will they remember this event or the event that all of em suddenly for no reason died?

• Like 1

I was a fresh spawn a few days ago,  walking around Elektro, when 2 guys start yelling at me from top of the school, tell me to stop and get on the ground, tell me to drop my gun, I follow their instructions and then I just hear a gunshot and everything goes black, why tell me to drop my stuff just to kill me ... :(

When they shoot you your stuff would get ruined so they probably let you drop it so it stayed good.

Ok kos is the way to go usually when u 1st start playing these kind of games, i agree, but i dont. Yesterday me and my mates found a group of 4 guys looting the military compound at night close to Vybor. After a while the moved out to a tree line close by to regroup. Since no1 of my group was in the mood of trying to communicate with them (KOS guys) i took my chances and crawled all the way to them, when i finally was there i watched for a bit and without standing up i said "hey cool gear guys" .Took em a second or two but they eventually filled me up with lead, i was still laughing on global. Now i didnt need anything, my group didnt need anything, i can find everything in like half hour. Why should i kos them. Will they remember this event or the event that all of em suddenly for no reason died?

Nice.

I don't kill unarm guys

he dead ;)

no speak

no remorse

Let me start by saying, I have no problem at all with how you play the game.  In fact, I think the fear of "dying", either by zombie or another player, makes this game more intense than any other game out there.  My question is, killing someone for loot works for now, but what are you going to do when the condition of loot actually does have an affect on it's usage?  Currently, damaged or ruined condition only affects scopes and magazines.  What happens when you kill someone and everything they have is ruined and you can't do anything with any of it?  You'll either have to learn to hold people up, whether they're armed or not, or you'll have to go back to looting buildings instead of dead bodies.

• Like 2

Dude i still feel bad from when a buddy of mine shot a poor guy and he was crying like that took him 2 days to finally find a backpack. I can still hear his voice in the middle of the night. :D

It's simple.

Everything has advantages and disadvantages, sometimes depending on the situation it can change.

Fact is: People who KOS (literally, every time) and are loners don't get to see all of the possible content in a multiplayer and sandbox (basically) environment such as this. I'd go and far and say they could have the same life expectancy than other people because KOS means use of violence. Gunfights. Exposing yourself to the area, just like someone speaking to other people. Though the range is higher if you fire guns than speaking. Depending on where they are during what time they can never be certain that the guy they just killed in cold blood does not have his pals around the corner or inbound. Or that some other people come investigate. They could also end up highly paranoid of their gear or surroundings, to name examples.

Anything is possible. I personally dislike the KOS (as in "EVERYTHING IS HOSTILE, FIRE!") mentality however. It's the easy way out but also prevents most of the social / player interaction (apart from point and click) that truly makes the DayZ experience unique. And no, that does not mean I'm totally against PVP or so. People should keep in mind that it can ruin the day of other players though. One wins, another loses. But I guess that's part of the game in general.

It's simple.

Everything has advantages and disadvantages, sometimes depending on the situation it can change.

Fact is: People who KOS (literally, every time) and are loners don't get to see all of the possible content in a multiplayer and sandbox (basically) environment such as this. I'd go and far and say they could have the same life expectancy than other people because KOS means use of violence. Gunfights. Exposing yourself to the area, just like someone speaking to other people. Though the range is higher if you fire guns than speaking. Depending on where they are during what time they can never be certain that the guy they just killed in cold blood does not have his pals around the corner or inbound. Or that some other people come investigate. They could also end up highly paranoid of their gear or surroundings, to name examples.

Anything is possible. I personally dislike the KOS (as in "EVERYTHING IS HOSTILE, FIRE!") mentality however. It's the easy way out but also prevents most of the social / player interaction (apart from point and click) that truly makes the DayZ experience unique. And no, that does not mean I'm totally against PVP or so. People should keep in mind that it can ruin the day of other players though. One wins, another loses. But I guess that's part of the game in general.

Indeed, but not listening and talking to me when i hold people up seems simply stupid. 'Tis not even about KOS, but about people not communicating in general. They'd rather die, apparently.

Edited by Greaves

I don't have time to talk, 90% of the time bullets fill my mouth.
But the other 10% of the time i mostly met some cool people in need of some beans or water so i help out...but that's rare.

Well kos bring the balance i guess..if everyone was friendly with a mic probably it would not be the same as it is now. Its always nice to see how evil ppl can be in video games, so i will never stop looking for new "friends" whatever the consequences and in the end you gonna have something to remember, different from the "hey i just shot 2 guys".

• Like 1

My question is ...  what are you going to do when the condition of loot actually does have an affect on it's usage?

make headshot :thumbsup: :ph34r:

I like to interact with other humans know that some type of people can't this even in a game so u get shoot like this one guy at the airfield N/E :

me and my buddy stand behind him we shouted at him that he should drop or holster his weapon.

And what he did ? yeah runaway :huh: so we killed him. Had this guys just said something bzw. und can write things old feature but it works :P , he could be still alive with two guys around him.
But yeah better be dead right <_<.
Sologamer don't understand this i give u an adviese playing stuff no mater what in a group is mutch funier than alone. :o

Dude do u realise that shouting and being a prick will get you that result?! Of course they will run, i would run and i have, i have even punched out a guy who was being a prick, and yes of course i did stand still and surrendered when two guys told me to stop so they can get my blood in exchange for some food and a pistol even though i was a fresh spawn with nothing to loose, which i wasnt in the previous encounter. Next time try a different approach and be amazed.

Edited by whothehellishe

I like to interact with other humans know that some type of people can't this even in a game so u get shoot like this one guy at the airfield N/E :

me and my buddy stand behind him we shouted at him that he should drop or holster his weapon.

And what he did ? yeah runaway :huh: so we killed him. Had this guys just said something bzw. und can write things old feature but it works :P , he could be still alive with two guys around him.

But yeah better be dead right <_<.

Sologamer don't understand this i give u an adviese playing stuff no mater what in a group is mutch funier than alone. :o

Reading this sort of gave me a headache, punctuation please.

But yes, some people simply dont listen, and die as a result. If someone tells you to not move, then dont move. If he was going to shoot, he would have done so without talking. Unless you do something stupid. Like moving.

make headshot :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Unless they fix the damage system, headshots have been known to ruin loot in backpacks.

Unless they fix the damage system, headshots have been known to ruin loot in backpacks.

I hope they have good bullet detect system in beta maybe full release where you doing damage only where you shoot, on player and loot ;)

example headshot damage hat/headtorch/mask only

maybe blood infect clothes but backpack items stay in same condition :thumbsup:  :)

if I don't shoot the guys weapon maybe is small damage from drop affect aim etc but not major damage

as long as bitches doing combat log I doing shoot no speak :thumbsup: :ph34r:

• Like 1

Really need to split things into categories here...

1) Some people do not think whatsoever. Multi-player game = kill everything on sight, period. There is no thought process here, brainwaves are flat. You cannot argue, change, convince these people. They do not care whatsoever. Just try to be smarter and avoid them, and move on. Hopefully once the ratio "time investment / stuff to kill people" is balanced with more zombies, etc, most will fade away to other things. Said it before but I noticed that 1st person only servers REALLY filter those guys out.

2) People who think. Usually then it's either avoidance or interaction. Shooting IS an interaction and shooting someone is actually a real form of communication. It's usually a poor one, but it still is and sometimes it's actually the best available in a given situation. The key part here however is that there is thought process.

Edited by Mutonizer
  • Like 1

Face it.  It's a death match game.  Don't bother "holding me up."  I'd just as soon die.  With no humanity system in place, it just death match

It's a risk and reward thing.

They can still shoot you even if you comply. You could therefore try to run, but that does not mean you always should run and expect to live. Sometimes you just have to accept it. If you're in an open field and get surrounded, don't try to run and then complain you got shot. You may have lived through it otherwise. Sometimes it's the right call, sometimes not.

Face it.  It's a death match game.  Don't bother "holding me up."  I'd just as soon die.  With no humanity system in place, it just death match

Only if people don't look at other ways to play the game or don't get creative.

Edited by Combine