Sign in to follow this  
 DropBearChick

CHANGE THE FORUM THEME

hello all, as you may have noticed the theme of the house lit up by a flare with 2 zombies by it is still our theme for theses forums and as dayz has come out I believe its time for a change to a picture from Dayz Retail, the screenshot forum thread in the gallery has some amazing pics which would look great as the theme, I understand that the mod still has a section on these forums but believe the retail version should be the king and so therefore the theme should be changed.

Why should it be changed? A pic from the Standalone could look exactly like that, once they implement flares.

Well no, it really kinda isn't. That picture works just fine for the banner, and I don't think anyone should go through the hassle of changing it.

• Like 1

look at the official screenshot thread in the gallery and maybe change your graphic settings

look at the official screenshot thread in the gallery and maybe change your graphic settings

I've seen the game on max, I've seen better looking games.

Change my graphics settings higher from max? But... I didn't know that was possible?

I've seen the game on max, I've seen better looking games.

well maybe cause its in ALPHA and it still looks great

I think it should stay because I don't like change.

It makes it feel homey in here.

well maybe cause its in ALPHA and it still looks great

Looks meh, animations are bleh, lighting is okay overall its not impressive looking.

• Like 1

Looks meh, animations are bleh, lighting is okay overall its not impressive looking.

This. The lighting is actually impressive... if I hadn't just played Arma 3 before booting DayZ for the first time. The texture work is good, and so are the character models. But everything else is pretty bleh.

Like everyone's honesty and it's appreciated on the forums. To implement some type of extra theme would be good to switch between the mod and retail since they do both share the same forums after-all.

This. The lighting is actually impressive... if I hadn't just played Arma 3 before booting DayZ for the first time. The texture work is good, and so are the character models. But everything else is pretty bleh.

Maybe it looks bleh because its in Alpha...

On topic, the DayZ forums look fine. I vote we keep the current banner.

Edited by Nereus77
  • Like 1

Maybe it looks bleh because its in Alpha...

On topic, the DayZ forums look fine. I vote we keep the current banner.

How to be the DayZ community.

1. Someone points out that the Standalone is not beautiful, and that the forum banner should not be updated at least at this time, never saying anything about the graphics staying like they are forever.

2. ALPHA LOOK IM SMART OMG STUPED ALPHER ITS ALPHA SEE, NOT FINISHED, ASDASFASFASDASFASDASFASDASDASF.

Nothing personal.

+1 for keeping the old banner, because it feels at home.

as long as the game is not recreated completely with different art, it works well and is identifiable.

I think we should change the theme once we get to the final 1.0 DayZ retail release, to celebrate.

• Like 2

I think we should change the theme once we get to the final 1.0 DayZ retail release, to celebrate.

+1 for this

like celebrate thing after long journey ;)