InvisiMan2013

Battleye... I'm thinking it's not good

it cant pick up engine hacks, and thats the real bad ones that cause all the issues.

That's complete bullshit, please stop spreading misinformation...

Didn't BE found out how to see if one was using dayz navigator, which was pretty much impossible to detect? Since it was running in browser, and only read from memory with chromes PID or something..?

This is so obviously hacking. Sniped through the walls / windows? Can you hear which direction the bullets are coming from? Look at his position also, it is not a window shot at all lol. 

Other explenation, sometimes the server puts you in a random position such as walking outside when you are in a building and can be shot when glitched like so..

That's complete bullshit, please stop spreading misinformation...

engine hacks cant be stopped by battle eye.... this is very well know....battle eye SOMETIMES detects scripts...but NEVER engine hacks

I was on a Battleye-enabled server and was killed by, what I would imagine to be, a hacker.

Yep, definately a hacker. Walking into a room when you are half dead and taking a bullet and bleeding out. Definately a hack. The guy you need to report is named,... let me look it up for you.... one sec... ahh, there it is. Rocket. Yep, that's the guy. Developed the whole mechanic right there. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

PS: Just one criticism WRT the video. That was some crap 'reaction to fire' there mate. I'm surprised you didn't stick your head out the window, wave, and shout 'FRIENDLY'. Just saying... no need to take it all personal...

Edited by DJPorterNZ

it cant pick up engine hacks, and thats the real bad ones that cause all the issues.

No that is totally false. Unless you wrote BE and you know what it is coded for then, you don't know jack, sorry to say, you can script BE to run checks for modifed engine files, anything can be detected with proper coding.

Didn't BE found out how to see if one was using dayz navigator, which was pretty much impossible to detect? Since it was running in browser, and only read from memory with chromes PID or something..?

Yes

engine hacks cant be stopped by battle eye.... this is very well know....battle eye SOMETIMES detects scripts...but NEVER engine hacks

You have no idea what you are talking about, so stop spreading misinforation. BE has always been capable of detecting engine hacks, client and server-side script detection for Arma was added in 2012.

29s you can see bullet impacts on the window to your right. (not hospital but sniping from across the road through the windows facing in the other direction) - also that's where the sound's coming from

EDIT: On rewatching Im not sure if it's the bullet impact or just 1 frame's worth of seeing the bullet cross the screen since you hear the ricochet off the left wall afterwards - I think the shot hits the middle of + shape in the window and then penetrates through to hit the wall on the left so you hear two impact sounds from a single shot. But tbh, it shows the engine needs some work as 90% of the shots have no ricochet sound.

Overall though, it was a fail at taking cover. Windows with elevated positions all around are not good cover if you're only crouching in the centre of the room.

Edited by phlOgistOn

No that is totally false. Unless you wrote BE and you know what it is coded for then, you don't know jack, sorry to say, you can script BE to run checks for modifed engine files, anything can be detected with proper coding.

the only anti hack the blocks engine hacks, SOME engine hacks...is infinistar anti hack

battle eye only catches public variable restrictions and dose not block against engine hacks

I don't believe that these are hacks. The person started shooting after you went playing around near the window. They started bursting and it seems like they missed alot of their shots. They knew where your general area was but because you didn't haul ass out of there... they just kept shooting and eventually hit you. (Either by bullets through window or bullets randomly penetrating through walls and eventually hitting you.)

If this was a hacker, I don't think you would have stayed alive as long as you did here. Personally I've never come across any of them, but from I read on forums and see on streams... they can teleport around and kill other players instantly. They wouldn't waste bullets shooting at you and missing when they could just cheat and kill you instantly with 1 or 2.

[Full forensic mode: ACTIVATE]

The victim was pretty much already dead when he came into the room. Colour desaturation to the point of greyscale shows that. Like a show pony he pranced about in front of one set of windows, closely followed by a second.

I pretty surprised the shooter had the patience not to go full auto on this turkey right then.

But we hear the first volley of shots, and the vic simply passes all casual like back past the two sets of windows again. I count only one of the bullets actually hitting the vic. Very sloppy shooter, very sloppy work.

The vic then hunkers down into a squat, not prone, which we all know from bitter experience is not going to put our head below the windowsills. Any shooter who is on the same level or higher and knows his shit still has a perfect shot at this point depending on their location.

Of course, the shooter doesn't need to take that shot as the vic bleeds out. Obviously doesn't read my other posts, or else he'd have that ripped up tee shirt to bandage himself with. At least it would have forced the shooter to waste another volley of bullets.

[Full forensic mode: DEACTIVATED]

So, no. No sign of a hack, there. Sloppy burst control on the part of the shooter, and a non-existant reaction-to-fire by the vic. 7/10 for the shooter; 3/10 for the vic. Thanks for playing.

PS: Make that 9/10 for the shooter, they did get the kill, after all.

the only anti hack the blocks engine hacks, SOME engine hacks...is infinistar anti hack

battle eye only catches public variable restrictions and dose not block against engine hacks

My advice: Stop agruing if you have no idea what you're talking about...

Those "anti-hacks" are script based, server side and are very limited in what they can do... they can only catch WPM in some cases (teleporting etc.)

BE is a "real" anticheat (client - server) and scans scans the computer's memory for cheat signatures, loosely speaking.

Public Varialbe Restrictions are part of the (server-side) script detection, which is a feature for server-admins.

Edited by Nik21

Not sure if there was a cheat or an unidentified shooter, but something else to consider is desync. You or the shooter could have been severely desynced, so he saw you at one spot and shot you, when on your screen you are some where else. I've had this happen many many times.

I count only one of the bullets actually hitting the vic.

He hits him first at 22s, red bleed message and impact sound from the hit and then the killer one at the end, so two shots succesful. Without knowing distance from target it's difficult to quantify shooter accuracy :)

EDIT I was trying to study the first hit since Im pretty sure he's looking in the shooter's direction at that stage, but couldn't make out a sniper on my screen - possibly in the tree or on the slope behind the building - too grayed out if he was even visible.

EDITEDIT: I guesstimate something between 1/4-1/2 second delay between shot and impact - something around 200m range, so I'm gonna say he was by the tree on the hill

EDITEDITEDIT: Couldn't resist...but if the sniper WAS by the tree, he was on a grassy knoll.... just needed a limo :D

Edited by phlOgistOn

I was honestly waiting for you to go prone and roll next to the wall the entire video, you crouching looking at the ground right next to the open window was very anti-climatic as far as the hackusations are concerned.

I'd love to know where they were shooting from, since I was killed when crouched (there was no line of sight to any buildings where a shooter could have been).  But if bullets can go through those types of walls, then I'll accept that it was a clean kill.  From the sound of the shots, I assumed there was some fight going off way off in the distance, so I looked out the winder to see what the commotion was all about.  :blush:

You started bleeding right after you looked out the window.  You then crouched, while still ignoring the "I'm bleeding" messages for a full fourteen seconds before passing out from loss of blood.

You either got tagged from the roof of the hospital at the end, or caught a round from elsewhere whilst staring out the window.

It appears to be the latter, in which case you died because you neglected to bandage.  How is battleye responsible for your failure to apply basic first aid?

I'm not an professional in the subject of cheats/anticheats, but may i ask you what exactly is this "engine hack"? Is it executable program that injects something to game files? Is it modified .DLL files? Is it just injecting stuff to memory using softwares like cheat engine?

Saying that there is only one anticheat program out there that can detect anything like this is kinda stupid. BE made something that all the hackers, the real hackers, thought is never going to happen, and yet you say that it can only detect scripts. And this is topped with another ok anticheat; VAC. People just tend to think that VAC sucks because it's not banning instantly, thus making the bans appeal more people. If i'm right there is something similar with BE right? So that not all the bans are instant, but rather comes in in waves, banning more people at once (since they are using detected cheats without knowing it).

I get the feeling that while i don't know much about antihacks, you know even less. Might be because both of us has lacking articulation in English.

edit: Just googled this superior "infinistar anti hack"-software and the first link was a download link to undetected hacks. But this is basically scripted AC running A2 serverside? No way this could be even half as effective of an AC compared to BE.

One thing many people should know; While it is good that there is server side anticheats for mod like DayZ, that wouldn't be possible in regular ArmA II, hence the reason why they had to be so careful with the script detections. And they cannot detect these "engine hacks" which i assume are this executable programs that injects memory, dll or game files with something. 

edit2: Holy shit, THIS: http://dayzantihack.com/images/1.jpg is the anticheat console that is mostly used in mod? No fucking wonder people complain about admin abuse. It's basically impossible to kick/ban/do anything with that thing without abusing i., You see a lot of info that i think admins shouldn't see as easily :D

Edited by csharp

How's my reaction to fire?

taken from something that happened 10 mins ago. Bear in mind that my ping was over 800 at this point so any shots i fired would take a while to hit the target. Long enough for them to run 10m and axe my face off (had that happen before).

Combing a building, finally managed to get a healthy status and decent gear. Go down stairs and see a guy with a mosin out. First thing i try is to get my magnum (already out) up so i can fire on him, that doesn't happen because he puts a round into the floor so i just sprint out of the building as another round goes into a wall via his mosin. I immediately look for cover while running full out, i crouch behind a dumpster as a third round if fired. I bring my magnum up, i haven't seen him since i left the building except for a muzzle flash from when i get to the dumpster, so i guess where i saw the flash and fire 3 rounds to suppress. After that i fall back behind a building and then some trees. After seeing no sign of him i top up my magnum and jog towards another building. i loot it and 5mins later i log as i have to do something.

No vid, as i forgot to start Dxtory.

Good? bad? definitely could be better but my ping is kinda limiting.

Edit: My gear had the magnum (30rds) a mosin (36rds, PU and Bayo) and an FNX(no mags, 60 ish rds) and a fire axe.

Edited by Dchil

29s you can see bullet impacts on the window to your right. (not hospital but sniping from across the road through the windows facing in the other direction) - also that's where the sound's coming from

EDIT: On rewatching Im not sure if it's the bullet impact or just 1 frame's worth of seeing the bullet cross the screen since you hear the ricochet off the left wall afterwards - I think the shot hits the middle of + shape in the window and then penetrates through to hit the wall on the left so you hear two impact sounds from a single shot. But tbh, it shows the engine needs some work as 90% of the shots have no ricochet sound.

Overall though, it was a fail at taking cover. Windows with elevated positions all around are not good cover if you're only crouching in the centre of the room.

Yeah, I count two ricochets out of 21 shots... if you listen with headphones, the sound isn't one way or another until one point where you hear it clearly on the right side (which would be the window closest to the door... that would make it impossible to have come from the hospital.  Now, if there was a second shooter........ LOLZ!!!!

I ain't even mad.  I play for fun and don't concern myself with life or death during alpha/beta periods.  If I capture something that doesn't look right, I post it - if it's legit, so be it. If it's a bug or other problem, then it's out in the open.