Sign in to follow this  

You are dead.

Hi Guys,

This kinda thing has probably been posted before, but I wanted to share my experience from just now.

Basically I'd finally managed to get myself kitted out and away from any danger-zones (military spawns, etc) and had made my way to Berezino in hopes of holding up a few people. I got to the apartment complexes across from the supermarket and laid down on the roof of the building. I was looking around with the alt-key for a good few minutes, and saw nobody for the most part.

Then after a few minutes I caught sight of a guy looting the houses, didn't appear to have any weapons and certainly wasn't aware of my presence. I watched him for a while until he moved out of my line of sight and into some of the buildings up the way from me.

Then suddenly, without moving my guy - "You are dead." came up on my screen. No gun shots, certainly no one came up behind me. I can't work it out.

I quickly respawned and ran 2 minutes back to my place of death. Ran all the way to the roof and couldn't find my body at all. Checked all the lower levels under where I'd died in case my body had fallen through the floor, but no luck. I suppose it could've gone all the way to the ground which I couldn't access.

Now I'm not concerned so much about dying. I do it frequently enough. But I'm wondering if this is a glitch? Instant-death kinda thing?

I know I've seen some posts about similar experiences.

Anthony

You don't hear the shot that kills you.

I did once. Maybe he was near me.

If you're familiar with the building I'm referring to, there is effectively a wall of about 1 - 1.5 foot high that would effectively hide your body from view. i certainly didn't crouch or stand-up at all once I was up there and I can't think of many places where someone could've been positioned to get a good shot of me. They would've had to have been higher up than me, which means higher up in the town, and even then, there are very few places you could get a shot from.

Again, not saying it's impossible I was shot, but I just think it's unlikely. I could very well be wrong.

I quickly respawned and ran 2 minutes back to my place of death. Ran all the way to the roof and couldn't find my body at all. Checked all the lower levels under where I'd died in case my body had fallen through the floor, but no luck. I suppose it could've gone all the way to the ground which I couldn't access.

Now I'm not concerned so much about dying. I do it frequently enough. But I'm wondering if this is a glitch? Instant-death kinda thing?

Anthony

It could have been a sniper from the hospital roof, check if you have a view of the spot from there.

Hi Guys,

This kinda thing has probably been posted before, but I wanted to share my experience from just now.

Basically I'd finally managed to get myself kitted out and away from any danger-zones (military spawns, etc) and had made my way to Berezino in hopes of holding up a few people. I got to the apartment complexes across from the supermarket and laid down on the roof of the building. I was looking around with the alt-key for a good few minutes, and saw nobody for the most part.

Then after a few minutes I caught sight of a guy looting the houses, didn't appear to have any weapons and certainly wasn't aware of my presence. I watched him for a while until he moved out of my line of sight and into some of the buildings up the way from me.

Then suddenly, without moving my guy - "You are dead." came up on my screen. No gun shots, certainly no one came up behind me. I can't work it out.

Anthony

Happend yesterday to me The Guy with The mosin was Shooting a Mate ... i spotted him and just wanted to shoot. He disconnected because he saw what we are doing. I decided to crouch in The Tower (no way to Hit me) ..... then You are dead Message Comes up.

My Mate want to save my loot But my corpse wasnt there.

It is a Bug.

Edited by ReDim42

If this occurred around 4:00 AM EST on Sunday the 5th then It might have been a hive issue.  I was looting around Zelenogorsk with a friend when I died on the stairs of a green building (with the only lootable room on the 2nd floor.  NO gunshots, no players (my friend and I were the only two on the server at the time) and my body went missing. I was just walking down the stairs and then boom dead.

Edited by Aeoneth

I had your dead once i joined server. reconnected and i was alive. nobody shoot me cause around me were 6 of my group members. Wierd. Played for an hour or two. Left server to go afk in main menu ( full gear ) rejoin the same server via play button. I'm naked on a beach. wut?

Edited by sYs

after the last couple of patches, i quite often randomly break my legs on flat surfaces. like. jogging along the road, BAM, broken legs. Luckily I've always had morphine laying around.

This happened to me once at the ATOC building at Belota airfield with one of my buds. I was walking down the stairs from the roof, I'm looking at my friend who is picking up an m4, he turns around and asks if I'm dead, I reply "no?" And then the infamous "You are dead" text appears on the screen. No one else was on the server, and my body disappeared..

This happened to me once at the ATOC building at Belota airfield with one of my buds. I was walking down the stairs from the roof, I'm looking at my friend who is picking up an m4, he turns around and asks if I'm dead, I reply "no?" And then the infamous "You are dead" text appears on the screen. No one else was on the server, and my body disappeared..

He killed you.