Sign in to follow this  
DeadTooRights

24/7 daylight 3pp:on and KOS join the server hosted by (input name)

Relax..I'm not campaigning to KOS(Kill On Sight) for those that don't know what that means. I have put 58 hours into this game so far and I have to say its fun to play and be able to do your own thing and make your story. I am up to my neck in annoyance with the KOS mentality. If I have a gun and another guy has a gun and we meet up, I'm sure its about a 25% chance that its going to be friendly. On the other side of that, why do people run around with nothing but the hands attached to their arms running around trying to punch you? There is absolutely no stat for KILLING. So....if we are both coming off the beach and we both don't have $h!t its just really lame to me why we must fight. This happen to me 4 times yesterday IN A ROW. I felt like giving up on the game. Its already a chore to get to places to get guns to defend yourself because everybody camps out in Bolota waiting for people to come up and then..bang you get shot. I see all these threads about what to do to stop this from happening and the truth is, nothing can and will be done because the majority of people who play the game play it in that fashion. The way I see it, if that is how things are going to be then lets facilitate that style of game play by increasing the amount of Guns on the map and in way more places. I know it is unrealistic to find an M4 next to a bag of rice at the store, but then when somebody attacks me on the beach for my "rags" it starts to make sense.

Relax..I'm not campaigning to KOS(Kill On Sight) for those that don't know what that means. I have put 58 hours into this game so far and I have to say its fun to play and be able to do your own thing and make your story. I am up to my neck in annoyance with the KOS mentality. If I have a gun and another guy has a gun and we meet up, I'm sure its about a 25% chance that its going to be friendly. On the other side of that, why do people run around with nothing but the hands attached to their arms running around trying to punch you? There is absolutely no stat for KILLING. So....if we are both coming off the beach and we both don't have $h!t its just really lame to me why we must fight. This happen to me 4 times yesterday IN A ROW. I felt like giving up on the game. Its already a chore to get to places to get guns to defend yourself because everybody camps out in Bolota waiting for people to come up and then..bang you get shot. I see all these threads about what to do to stop this from happening and the truth is, nothing can and will be done because the majority of people who play the game play it in that fashion. The way I see it, if that is how things are going to be then lets facilitate that style of game play by increasing the amount of Guns on the map and in way more places. I know it is unrealistic to find an M4 next to a bag of rice at the store, but then when somebody attacks me on the beach for my "rags" it starts to make sense.

Get. Away. From. The. Shore. People on the shore are either people without gear and nothing to lose or people fully geared "entertaining" themselves. Instead of trying to get the best weapons set another objective - survive and explore the map. You're perfectly fine with any mele weapon to deal with zombies. If you don't have any firearms avoid players who have them, if said players get the jump on you - you're at their mercy either way (if you have a pimped out M4 there is a hire chance you're fucked).

About military bases: they are extremely dangerous zones. Do not aproach them unless you are prepared for a firefight.

If you want a "survival" game with loads of weapons and PvP'ing on a big open map I'd suggest the Wasteland mission for Arma2 or Arma3.

• Like 3

You dont make friends in the game, you should bring your current friends into the game and kill everyone else.

• Like 1

You dont make friends in the game, you should bring your current friends into the game and kill everyone else.

Saw a guy coming out the Balota barracks, he was shooting a zombie, I asked,"Friendly?" but no reply, shot him and looted him. Zombies are stupid, why waste the bullets on them when you can use them on players? Survival of the fittest.

Edited by axtranti

Im new to Dayz, about a week of play total so far and I have to say I think the KOS are a necessary part of the game and I love knowing that they could be about at any time.

People are the real enemy, not zombies, they're just stupid. 

The map is HUGE! just avoid people if you dont want to be seen, it's really easy if you are aware or your surroundings and don't just sprint around everywhere.

I dont understand why anyone would hate people KOS, the game would be boring otherwise.

This is the game I have been waiting for. I will probably never touch my PS4 again, lol!.... or until DayZ gets released for it anyways.

• Like 1

If you want to survive and not get killed on sight then you have to play this game like your life has value. Before you go into a Military base or Big city go to the border of it and do an overlook of the place. Look for possible sniper positions, zombies (usually good sign), open doors (means someone has been there), and ofcourse look for players running about. Have a plan before you go in, see which buildings are worth going to first and make sure if its a military base you get in and out  fast because the longer you hang around the higher the chance you're going to run into somebody. Last but not least, Trust NOBODY unless you have the upper hand to hold someone up its not worth exposing yourself to someone.

Hope this helps keep you alive a little bit longer!

P.S. Rule#1 of Dayz: Don't get attached to your gear!

commences to complain about KOS

that was a counter to the title of the post..I am not hiding the fact that I am complaining. Or maybe you misread the word that I typed... Campaigning.

I do everything you guys are saying in terms of not rushing in or making sure. I zoom in all the time everywhere I go. The few times I have been killed in Bolota, it was a distance kill. I never really had a chance to do anything. It wasn't like "oh shit I see sombody with a mosin, maybe I can hide" oh no..I just got killed Navy Seal style..lol

I will say it again, The fist fighting fresh on the beach is a little funny. We both don't have anything but the shirt on our backs. When we all have weapons it changes things a little.  I wonder how much KOS goes on in the dark servers?

As above - get off the coast and head north. It's like CoD with zombies down there...

As above - get off the coast and head north. It's like CoD with zombies down there...

Trust me man..I haul ass as soon as I hear the water..lol..people just gank me before  I can make it to the road. That 4 in row experience I had was so crazy I thought the game had gone mad. Since then I had it happen to me one more time..some chick ran up on me with a screw driver with a zombie hanging out her ass..lmao..it was triple threat match between me, the zombie and her.

there are actually friendly people up north? i thought everyone would be too scared about their gear to be friendly

there are actually friendly people up north? i thought everyone would be too scared about their gear to be friendly

Some guy with nothing but a tshirt ran up the steps on me while I was at Berenzino and knocked me out with two punches. I didn't have a chance because I was looking at my inventory. I had A LOT of stuff too. Mosin and a pistol included no bullets for either at the time)

There is no one up north.

In about 40 hours of gameplay I've seen 2 people. One I had to kill because I walked in on him hacking the living crap out of my unconscious friend with an axe (who I was searching for a means to revive), and the other said "hello" and then we parted ways.

• Like 1

In about 40 hours of gameplay I've seen 2 people. One I had to kill because I walked in on him hacking the living crap out of my unconscious friend with an axe (who I was searching for a means to revive), and the other said "hello" and then we parted ways.

guess i might see you up there then, sounds like bloody heaven compared to the coast atm

guess i might see you up there then, sounds like bloody heaven compared to the coast atm

It gets a bit lonely, but it's more fun than Coast of Duty. We've made uncontested runs of the NW and NE airfields 4 or 5 times each now so you end up spoilt for choice on gear if you're alone or in a small group. For some reason we only ever see people in the bigger northern towns with supermarkets.

Edited by Mos1ey

Saw a player in the last two days up north. Don't know if he was friendly - i had a gun pointed at his head for the duration of our conversation. Didn't kill him or rob him, I just wanted to talk to somebody :P

• Like 1

You know a lot could change in a few months of updates (or maybe a year). I'm pretty sure fresh spawns wouldn't be mindlessly running around and punching people in the face like punching bags in the near future.

If surviving zombies was more challenging, I'd be right there with you. Sadly all you have to do is run in a circle and they won't hit you aside from the fact they are not that many. After that, finding food is fairly easy and you can get infinite water from ponds/wells. I spent a full day roaming around before I said "Well it's only going to be more of what I just did or back to derptown and tardcity" I atleast wanted to interact with people so I'm sucking it up right now that I just have to basically kill everyone I meet because they will either shoot me or try and melee me for my stuff. :\

If surviving zombies was more challenging, I'd be right there with you. Sadly all you have to do is run in a circle and they won't hit you aside from the fact they are not that many. After that, finding food is fairly easy and you can get infinite water from ponds/wells. I spent a full day roaming around before I said "Well it's only going to be more of what I just did or back to derptown and tardcity" I atleast wanted to interact with people so I'm sucking it up right now that I just have to basically kill everyone I meet because they will either shoot me or try and melee me for my stuff. :\

I'm just waiting for more content TBH. There's only so much play time you can squeeze out of a game in such an early form. I just hop on to see what's up for a little while after every patch.

• Like 1