gamer222

New DayZ Update -

They already have VAC, so who cares about the shitty BattlEye?

BattlEye did a good job.

It's just that Arma 2 is DESIGNED for scripts to be ran.

i wont waste my time with a log out timer, ill just alt f4

Your char will still stay in the game as per timer.

And thats why i wont play the game. Being able to die when im not even playing? Sounds like a great game.

If you are against a logout timer then you are obviously a cowardly exploiting combat logger. Put your purse down, man up and fight back and don't get attached to your gear. Only pussies combat log.

And thats why i wont play the game. Being able to die when im not even playing? Sounds like a great game.

You will be missed when you leave but before you go can i have your stuff.

I dont know what there anti combat logging move is yet if its as simple as a 20 second timer who cant handle 20 seconds other than Crakka who i honestly believe is just saying stuff to get a rise out of people , Heck i spend vastly more time looking for a spot to log off in a spot i feel will be safe to return to ( yes i know no such things as trully safe but you can find a spot that minimises risk )

Edited by SoulFirez

If they add a log out timer its going to be retarded. When im done playing im done, I dont want to sit around waiting 10mins just to make sure no one kills me. 

My system will work:

You need to be inside/under shelter to log out instantly

If you log out in the "wilderness" or outside then your character is left in the gameworld for 1 minute.

If you are shot at and the round lands within X metres of you or you fire your gun you are in combat for 30 seconds... if you log out during that time your character is left in the gameworld for 1 minute. The 30 seconds is refreshed every time you fire or fired upon.

This eliminates combat logging and adds an extra level of depth to the game.

I would also add an animation to players in the logout-process. Like the character is lying down with his backpack as a pillow or something similar, so that it is obvious to someone spotting you, that you are about to log out. So every robber or similar player can easily identify that his prey or whoever is currently NOT logging out, but maybe just has no mic. Log out timers will greatly reduce stupid KoS in my opinion, because most of the time people do it, because its easy to hit alt+f4 if they miss or because they dont want to rob or hold up people that log out in an instant.

A logout timer coupled with a recognisable animation will make sure that people only log out when they are safe somewhere and want to end their game session. And on the other hand will make sure that fewer "innocent" survivors are shot, because bandits are afraid that they combat-log.

I bet you scream you head off at your parents when they don't wanna give you what you want until they do. A 20 sec timer is good enough to stop crappy players like you, so please leave no body will miss you her.

BattlEye did a good job.

It's just that Arma 2 is DESIGNED for scripts to be ran.

Thanks, now check again who wrote the post you quoted. ;)