Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Question for Mosin experts

What cause a mosin's bullet to go slightly to the left? I read somewhere that damaged scopes make the bullet go to the left? It it true?

I have been testing it out with my worn long range scope and I did not notice anything like the above? Is there only bullet drop to be considered?

I was wondering as well as to why it did this. After a bit of research, there are a few factors that can cause this. You could be standing or your breathing is off. Are you holding your breath before shooting? Another one is that this type of Mosin was actually manufactured with the bayonet on, so with it off, it decreases accuracy. Bipods can factor is as well. 

I was wondering as well as to why it did this. After a bit of research, there are a few factors that can cause this. You could be standing or your breathing is off. Are you holding your breath before shooting? Another one is that this type of Mosin was actually manufactured with the bayonet on, so with it off, it decreases accuracy. Bipods can factor is as well. 

Nope always waited for breath to settle down. Also held it when I shoot. I don't use bayonets and a poster here already confirms that it reduces accuracy..

The mosin shoots 2-4 mm to the left, I tested with the long scope and this seems to be the case. I just got used to it and never miss on long-long range, moving targets, that's another story.

The mosin shoots 2-4 mm to the left, I tested with the long scope and this seems to be the case. I just got used to it and never miss on long-long range, moving targets, that's another story.

Is it the same for pristine scopes?

Is it the same for pristine scopes?

I used a worn scope, it does not affect the accuracy at all, try using a bipod for proning and test it your self. The guns is about getting the grip of were the bullet is going to hit when shot, you can do that and only you, teaching that would require a video. What I did is, Went uphill on a fresh server with a lot of mosin bullets, scope, and just shot down zombies from 100-200-300 meters (Wild guessing, ofc). Killing zombies with different scope is the best way to practice, at least it was for me. Hope it helps.

The first 5-15 shots will require you to think, from there on it will just be automatic.

Edited by axtranti

I used a worn scope, it does not affect the accuracy at all, try using a bipod for proning and test it your self. The guns is about getting the grip of were the bullet is going to hit when shot, you can do that and only you, teaching that would require a video. What I did is, Went uphill on a fresh server with a lot of mosin bullets, scope, and just shot down zombies from 100-200-300 meters (Wild guessing, ofc). Killing zombies with different scope is the best way to practice, at least it was for me. Hope it helps.

The first 5-15 shots will require you to think, from there on it will just be automatic.

I have the same worn scope and pristine bipod. We are comparing bullet tracing without the bipod since I want to clear cities without proning. I tested it yesterday and worn does show a slight tray to the left.

With a pristine bipod and scope it's accurate to about 700-750m, around that range it starts to pull *very* slightly to the left so I always aim to the right side of a body, regardless of range.

• Like 1

the number of people in the world that could hit a man sized target at 800 meters with a random Mosin Naget and random ammo is about zero.

Well theres two possible reasons for the slightly off accuracy on the mosin and they are : The Bipod is supposedly causing the slighty inaccuracy when its undeployed/deployed, Secondly which is more reasonable the Mosin itself is wonky and the devs haven't got round to fixing it.

I have a mosin with the long range scope on it, tried with and without the bipod and it still fires to the left slightly from the center of the scope.

From what i have seen the mosin is very inaccurate if you get the zeroing wrong, For example i tried to snipe a guy at about 200m but it was set to 400m and it totally missed, So be careful with your zeroing and you should be fine.

Well yeah, that's working as intended. If you zero it at 400 yards, the bullet will be a few inches above the crosshairs at 200. Plus the game "simulates" human inaccuracy by giving the rifles HUGE dispersion if you fire them from anything but lying down with an extended bipod.

Nope. I tried shooting a Mosin in two different directions, the cross wind would have come from either side and each time it shot to the left. The only  thing I can think of (however unlikely) is that Rocket is trying to be a little too realistic. Some people will tell you (in real life) that the mosin is most accurate with the BAYONET EXTENDED. Something about barrel harmonics or whatnot. I personally have not verified this with my Mosin M44 because the damn thing just aint accurate for shit :lol:, not compared to this game at least. Who knows, maybe people in Russia just take really good care of their 100 year old guns.  

Someone test this with the bayonet extended vs. retracted and tell me what you find. 

lol, the iron sights were sighted with the bayonet attached from the factory because the Russians were heavy into bayonets and believed they should always be on. Nothing to do with zeroing on a new optic though. Would make sense for the iron sights, though.

There´s little mosin test i did.

Later on i found pristine scope, and it still pulls to left and i couldn´t notice any significant difference in accuracy. So you can rule out scope condition as a cause.