Sign in to follow this  
Jeffhole

[SA] Clips, speedloaders, and realistic backpack damage.

Couldn't find any of these suggestions in the search. It could be that my search-fu is weak. 

I remember seeing somewhere that speedloaders for the .357 were implemented, if so please disregard that portion of this post. Perhaps I just haven't come across any yet. 

I WOULD, however, love to see clips for the Mosin 91/30 added. It would be a trade off, because I can only fit 5 rounds in a clip, leaving me only 5 rounds per item slot as opposed to 30 loose rounds. So I would potentially be holding less rounds, however it would allow the player to reload their weapon by pressing "R". Only have one clip? You get one reload before you have to open your inventory and add more rounds to your clip. This would also help the community to differentiate between magazines and clips, which currently might drive some of the enthusiasts out there a little bonkers.

The last suggestion is one that may be met with many "boo's". I'd love to see more realistic damage to items in your backpack when shot. I posted this suggestion on reddit, which may have been a mistake. What I propose is that when your backpack gets shot with one bullet, an entire column of items in your backpack gets ruined. This would account for bullet travel through the backpack. High caliber rounds, or close distance firing? Perhaps the columns to the right and left of the ruined column become badly damaged. Shotgun spread at the right distance? Everything ruined. 

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Edited by Jeffhole
  • Like 2

A "clip" is just a device for holding rounds together. A "magazine" is the thing you insert into your firearm which springs the rounds into the chamber.

Most people that use the word "clip" actually mean "magazine". As in, "30-round magazine".

The More You Know

• Like 2

mosins do not have magazines in real life, they are a bolt action rifle that top loads 5 into the build in mag. Currently there is only one aftermarked stock that allows the mosin to take a detachable magazine and it just released in 2013 so is not widespread. I'm sure there will be a firearm in game further along in development that will fill the role of a long range rifle with a detachable magazine. If we are asking for any changes to mosins it should be to make them less accurate, the typical ammo available for them is not manufactured to a very stringent standard and therefore shot placement varies widely from one shot to the next when comparing them to more modern munitions. Mosins are great guns, I own 2, unless you spend the money for modern ammunition they are not capable of long range precise shooting due to variances in ballistics from one round to the next.

I could live without that level of damage to my bags contents when shot, although I wouldnt mind seeing items fall out of badly damaged or ruined bags when you run.

• Like 1

I know the difference between magazines and clips. I thought my original post was very clear with that.
Hence why I asked for clips, and not magazines. 

Edited by Jeffhole
  • Like 1

There are stripper clips for the Mosin. It's different from a magazine, since people replying can't seem to understand that. It's used to help quickly load the rifle.

• Like 1

There are stripper clips for the Mosin. It's different from a magazine, since people replying can't seem to understand that. It's used to help quickly load the rifle.

Someone give this man a BJ.

I know the difference between magazines and clips. I thought my original post was very clear with that.

Hence why I asked for clips, and not magazines. 

Not correcting you. Just thought I'd elaborate for the kiddies out there who might not get it otherwise. And maybe one or two more of them will learn the difference when they themselves are talking.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind you could only use the standard Mosin stripper clips WITHOUT a scope. Both the scopes in the game would be in the way and would require loading rounds one by one.

• Like 2

Not correcting you. Just thought I'd elaborate for the kiddies out there who might not get it otherwise. And maybe one or two more of them will learn the difference when they themselves are talking.

Well now I just feel like a dick. Sorry. 

Just keep in mind you could only use the standard Mosin stripper clips WITHOUT a scope. Both the scopes in the game would be in the way and would require loading rounds one by one.

I. LOVE. THIS.

Well now I just feel like a dick. Sorry. 

Nah, that's all right. I should've made my intent clear. Original post is a good idea.

• Like 1

mosins do not have magazines in real life, they are a bolt action rifle that top loads 5 into the build in mag. Currently there is only one aftermarked stock that allows the mosin to take a detachable magazine and it just released in 2013 so is not widespread. I'm sure there will be a firearm in game further along in development that will fill the role of a long range rifle with a detachable magazine. If we are asking for any changes to mosins it should be to make them less accurate, the typical ammo available for them is not manufactured to a very stringent standard and therefore shot placement varies widely from one shot to the next when comparing them to more modern munitions. Mosins are great guns, I own 2, unless you spend the money for modern ammunition they are not capable of long range precise shooting due to variances in ballistics from one round to the next.

I could live without that level of damage to my bags contents when shot, although I wouldnt mind seeing items fall out of badly damaged or ruined bags when you run.

It's an internal magazine. A magazine being detachable is not the qualifiying feature for a magazine to be a magazine.

• Like 1

Currently, a shot on a backpack ruins everything. So this would be less damaging, and a tidbit more realistic.

Perfect, so I do not only need to find a scope, I would even need to consider if I want to sacrifice the ability of speedloading with a clip for the benefits of a scope. Sounds like the ideal feature to me :)

• Like 1

Perfect, so I do not only need to find a scope, I would even need to consider if I want to sacrifice the ability of speedloading with a clip for the benefits of a scope. Sounds like the ideal feature to me :)

Couldn't agree more! That seems exactly like the type of tough decisions Rocket wanted players to have to make.

I would like to see clips for the Mosin.

Single space and always get them back after loading.

It could mean that you can then load the gun with the scrollwheel or maybe even R someday.

If you don't have a clip it should be round by round slowly loaded into the gun.

This would also work for things like the C96 :)

• Like 1