Sign in to follow this  
Baroni88

PC purchase

I want to know if there is a PC I can buy, already put together, that can run DayZ standalone fairly well. I don't want to build one but maybe just one that will perform good for DayZ.

Thanks for any feedback. I know these threads are everywhere but I'm trying to do a lot of research and there are a lot of contradicting posts all over the internet.

An already put together PC is a waste of money to be honest. You might as well wait for the Steambox to come out. If you really want a PC though, just watch some tutorials on how to build a PC, it really isn't hard.

EDIT: If you want any guidelines to tutorials, or just straight out help with things, just PM me.

Edited by SonicRainbrony
  • Like 1

This game runs well for almost no-one. Performance on any particular PC is luck based, giving a more powerful PC a higher chance of running it more well. Buy the best you are willing to buy as far as I've seen there does not seem to be any specific hardware bias in terms of performance but intel CPUs are generally better unless you are going for a very tight budget.

I bought my prebuilt at digital storm. Pretty good tbh. Having 70 fps without having to pay a heapton of money.

Do you have any recommendations as to where to start with a build? I'll probably need to buy it piece by piece when I can afford the parts until I have the complete set to build. I really have nothing to start with (i.e. Monitor, keyboard, mouse). But any help would be great. I did some research around the internet but, like I said, it's hard to find solid information on where to start. One person says one thing and another person disagrees and recommends something different.

I bought my prebuilt at digital storm. Pretty good tbh. Having 70 fps without having to pay a heapton of money.

D you have a link to what you bought?

Do you have any recommendations as to where to start with a build? I'll probably need to buy it piece by piece when I can afford the parts until I have the complete set to build. I really have nothing to start with (i.e. Monitor, keyboard, mouse). But any help would be great. I did some research around the internet but, like I said, it's hard to find solid information on where to start. One person says one thing and another person disagrees and recommends something different.

Well, if you literally don't have anything, it really doesn't matter where you start. You'd might want to start with the case and motherboard though, the moving to CPU and RAM, then to the GPU and HDD's and then to the peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard)

Go for an Intel. Either i5 or i7. Asus has cheap and decent motherboards for mid-range. Graphics: AMD or Nvidia... Doesn't really matter since you're on a budget. Just pick whatever you can get your hands on the cheapest. If you have an old but usable PC case, reuse it. You'll still need ram and about a 600 watt power supply. Might want to go for a 700 one, as having an insufficiently powerful power supply is a real pain. You'll probably be able to reuse a HDD from an older PC, right? Give us a budget.

Edited by Ratiasu

I find it cheaper to put a comp together from different sites then to buy a barebones kit. Newegg and tigerdirect are to good sites to use.

Why go with intel ? I love my AMD its 5 years old and still can handle any game on max I can get

• Like 1

start with the motherboard and cpu. you probably want to go intel for this game

there's a lot of places to get suggestions on the rest. try the 'build a pc' subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

intel/nvidia combos seem to have the edge running dayz for whatever reason (not saying amd is bad so calm down) that being said you can build a system with an i5-2500k cheap  and then overclock the hell out of it (had mine at 4.5 on air cooling) and then spend the rest of what you have on the best nvidia card you can afford ... well after you factor in a solid power supply, ram, and a case of course :)

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Go for an Intel. Either i5 or i7. Asus has cheap and decent motherboards for mid-range. Graphics: AMD or Nvidia... Doesn't really matter since you're on a budget. Just pick whatever you can get your hands on the cheapest. If you have an old but usable PC case, reuse it. You'll still need ram and about a 600 watt power supply. Might want to go for a 700 one, as having an insufficiently powerful power supply is a real pain. You'll probably be able to reuse a HDD from an older PC, right? Give us a budget.

He's gonna do fine with a 500W PSU if he doesnt SLI/Crossfire or get a top-end GPU like the 780.

He's gonna do fine with a 500W PSU if he doesnt SLI/Crossfire or get a top-end GPU like the 780.

See below.

PSU - $40       (comes from $80. Price cut)  Normally I'd go with a more renowned brand for PSU's, but this price cut is just too nice.

GFX Card - $345      GTX 770

CPU - $330       i7, overclockable, dual channel

Motherboard - $115        Didn't spend a lot of time picking this one, just took a cheap one to get the ball rolling here. Asus is a good option for decent low and mid-range motherboards, though.

Ram - $85      Just picked this one as well.

I am simply posting this to get things started. Like I said I hardly spent any time looking at the motherboard/RAM. Comment, criticize (in a constructive manner) and improve.

Edited by Ratiasu

See below.

PSU - $40       (comes from $80. Price cut)  Normally I'd go with a more renowned brand for PSU's, but this price cut is just too nice.

GFX Card - $345      GTX 770

CPU - $330       i7, overclockable, quad channel

Motherboard - $115        Didn't spend a lot of time picking this one, just took a cheap one to get the ball rolling here. Asus is a good option for decent low and mid-range motherboards, though.

Ram - $85      Just picked this one as well.

I am simply posting this to get things started. Like I said I hardly spent any time looking at the motherboard/RAM. Comment, criticize (in a constructive manner) and improve.

See if you can find the Silverstone 500W Strider Essential. Trusted brand with a cheap price.

Also, i7 for gaming? You nuts? (Says the guy with the i7 primarily for gaming)

Edited by SonicRainbrony
  • Like 1

I highly recommend you build it but if that is not an option just get an x51.

gallery-shot_desktops_x51_10.jpg

Not terrible.

You could get away with a I5 in this game because it doesn't used multi-threading. You'd probably save some cash that way as well.

I would NOT recommend skimping on the PSU. get an Antec, Corsair, or Silverstone

I want to know if there is a PC I can buy, already put together, that can run DayZ standalone fairly well. I don't want to build one but maybe just one that will perform good for DayZ.

Thanks for any feedback. I know these threads are everywhere but I'm trying to do a lot of research and there are a lot of contradicting posts all over the internet.

People with i7 and newest video cards get 20fps on this game, the official system requirements mean absolutely nothing, now that i think about it, they probably pulled those requirements out of their ass. So in conclusion if you were to buy a computer just for this game its a gamble, just like with all arma games and the mod.

Personally I love Cyberpower for pc's. They build it for you so no need to worry, but you pick and choose all your components. So your getting the best of both worlds. Just google cyberpower, and pick one of the configurators, or check out whats on sale :)

People with i7 and newest video cards get 20fps on this game, the official system requirements mean absolutely nothing, now that i think about it, they probably pulled those requirements out of their ass. So in conclusion if you were to buy a computer just for this game its a gamble, just like with all arma games and the mod.

I do not know what you are smoking, but lay off it. I get 80FPS in the woods and 50FPS in the city with everything maxed out.

i7-4770K Haswell OC 4.5GHz

2GB DDR5 GTX770

256GB SSD

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

Lol, this is what I'm talking about. I looked at the Vanquish and it looks promising for the price. But everyone is shutting down everyone else's suggestions so it's thought to make a decision

If you really want a PC though, just watch some tutorials on how to build a PC, it really isn't hard.

EDIT: If you want any guidelines to tutorials, or just straight out help with things, just PM me.

What he said,

I would NOT recommend skimping on the PSU. get an Antec, Corsair, or Silverstone

Seriously, what Daze said too. A computer blew up next to me once when I was at work on the phone because there was a shitty power supply in it, ironic because I worked as a computer tech in a technology store (PC World).....

Together though, it really isn't hard to build a PC; and if you want to run the game nicely then go for Intel; people report having better FPS on Intel units.

On my AMD machine I'll get between 15(in)-40(out) FPS in and out of towns.

Edited by ColinM9991
  • Like 1