Sign in to follow this  
WarAndRuin

## hour player lock / Gear locked to server!

they need to let the server owners have full admin powers to give to there coders so they can actually make this a good game

This guy doesn't understand it. If I want to log onto a low population server to get something, ok. But that doens't mean I should have to keep all my stuff on that server. My friends arent there and I want to play with my friends. So, your idea will never work. I tried being nice but you just threw a 12 year old hissy fit. Lemme make this clear for you. YOUR IDEA WONT WORK. 

Have a nice day.

server hopping sucks but server hoopers aren't going to stay around as most aren't playing this game for the game they're playing it for the hype train and that train keeps on rollin'! i don't think anything needs to be done to prevent it; especially something as drastic as 24 hour player locks, it will sort itself out in time as the player base that is hopping get bored and move on plus when spawns are added the loot being cleared out instantly at server restarts won't even be noticeable anymore.

Again have my beans LOL please take note of a person who does not agree with the OP but can do it reasonably.. No one said the OP.s idea was the best or it would be implemented merely expressing opinions a good retort has an alternative answer or why it wont work ( and i mean beyond i wants my stuff to kill so go play pve if you dont agree with me mentaliy.)

Put your ideas of what will work or why it wont work (but think on those reasons making them all about your own playstyle aint going to work as viable response but most importantly drop the insults (im guilty of this at times passion gets the better specially when so many are letting fly with retard kid etc etc you feel the need to do this then take a step away from the topic for a while cause you aint helping anyone ..

There is no 100% any idea will or wont be put in till the devs do or dont put it in so again enough of its bullshit never going to happen posts ( you may be right in the long run but you may also be wrong only time will tell stating something as fact doesnt make it so till it is fact !!!!

Post has been edited due to the enormous lack of miss understand and not reading the topic content!

Again have my beans LOL please take note of a person who does not agree with the OP but can do it reasonably.. No one said the OP.s idea was the best or it would be implemented merely expressing opinions a good retort has an alternative answer or why it wont work ( and i mean beyond i wants my stuff to kill so go play pve if you dont agree with me mentaliy.)

Put your ideas of what will work or why it wont work (but think on those reasons making them all about your own playstyle aint going to work as viable response but most importantly drop the insults (im guilty of this at times passion gets the better specially when so many are letting fly with retard kid etc etc you feel the need to do this then take a step away from the topic for a while cause you aint helping anyone ..

There is no 100% any idea will or wont be put in till the devs do or dont put it in so again enough of its bullshit never going to happen posts ( you may be right in the long run but you may also be wrong only time will tell stating something as fact doesnt make it so till it is fact !!!!

Thank you for your input chap, at least there is some one in here with a head on there shoulders.

Gear was never locked to servers in the mod. It was because there were so many private hives that it seemed that way. Locking gear to servers would totally defeat the purpose of a common hive so what wont happen until private hives start popping up. As i mentioned before, a cooldown timer between server switches will probably be implemented, whether it is an arbitrary amount of time or scales with how many times you jump is an area for debate

The simple answer to this is allow players to hop to a different server but being it a new server they will spawn on the coast like a new spawn but with your gear that you attained from other servers ect.. Eg ( if you go to a new server you start at a default spawn point like the coast But with your gear )

like other people have said to get stuck on one server only to find out its has bad latencey issues is a nightmare so why not just have it like each server is like a new instance/world  where you start from the beginning but with your allready geard charicter, i myself am tired of being shot in the back by some witless bafoon who's switching between servers and has jst logged in behind me to only shoot me and take my gear even though they are allready geard >:(  and the worst thing is they dont even say "hello" wheres the damn manners !

Biskwits out..

• Like 2

oh we want to talk about cod where iv won over $1,000 in? Simma down kid

LOL i dont mind COD at all i prefer battlefield though but strangely when i play Dayz i actually like to play Dayz . The whole throw the kid thing in there is ment to be an insult but honestly at 40 (yes i know still playing games at 40 shock horror) it phases me little and um WOW you say you have won over a 1000s dollars playing COD mate you must be awesome can you tell me your motivation to play an indie game with no prizes??

I shouldnt even be bothering with this post as well i am off topic wnich is a violation in many forums (pretty sure this one to ) oh as for your amazing 1000s win in COD you got any proof personally if i was that good and liked to tell people as you are now id have a picture in my sig with proof (ps 1000s dollars oh my impressive i own my own moderatly small buisness supplying to the minning industry security fencing average contract is worth over a quater of a million dollars but that doesnt in anyway make me an authority on dayz how it should or shouldnt be played and what or wont happen with the game..

Real life time to return to it for me cause there is far to many egos around here based on what LOL. discuss the game gentlemen..

Edited by SoulFirez

The simple answer to this is allow players to hop to a different server but being it a new server they will spawn on the coast like a new spawn but with your gear that you attained from other servers ect.. Eg ( if you go to a new server you start at a default spawn point like the coast But with your gear )

like other people have said to get stuck on one server only to find out its has bad latencey issues is a nightmare so why not just have it like each server is like a new instance/world  where you start from the beginning but with your allready geard charicter, i myself am tired of being shot in the back by some witless bafoon who's switching between servers and has jst logged in behind me to only shoot me and take my gear even though they are allready geard > :(  and the worst thing is they dont even say "hello" wheres the damn manners !

Biskwits out..

This somebody with the actual intellect to simply add a opinion to this solution which is in matter of fact again is actually another brilliant idea in regards to the player lock option, this is a brilliant idea were the player lock is considered! implementing this in with the lock would be perfect, but to simplify a more justifiable means of action would be to make all servers separate "worlds / instances" this way you keep all your gear and get to hop around as you like with out being able to hop for gear!

Edited by WarAndRuin
  • Like 1

That would make coastline camping/banditry SO much worse

and the barracks being camped by servre hoppers isnt ?

the coast line has ALLWAYS been a bandits learning grounds  to kill, its practically a target range.

and atleast you will be able to fight back seeing as you would have your gear from previous servers, its better to to have a chance atleast than to get shot in the back of the head by somebody who's spawned in behind you in a shut of room.

just sayin..

you pretty much always get the advantage from server hoppers because they make a loud reloading sound and take a few seconds to load in. Also they generally arent expecting someone to be right next to them when they spawn in

i see alot of people are not comng to this post with a open mind, they see the topic read the main post and instantly go to their own little corner,

guys before you post anything and begin a argument think it through from other peoples points of view this is just somebodys thought.. an idea of what could happen to improve the game it isnt being directly put into the game so let your beans cooldown a little befor you go spooning them in your mouths :)

i Declare peace on this topic board ! For the love of BEANS !

if someone spells something incorect dont hate.

if i want to type like a 1337 baws dawg cuz iz DwNz wit da CoOl kidz then i will.

but i dont so lets just let people type the way they want and play some DayZ :)

thats right biskwits but the opener of that topic is so small minded that he attakes everybody with another opinion

Please tell me how i have "attacked" people with another opinion, everyone who have given a opinion i haven't attacked.

Everyone who has attacked my opinion and flamed has been treated differently.

Okay... *deep breath* ... since a lot of you can't seem to work it out, check out this post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/. Work your way down to the section headed Server Management Options. Good. Very good. now read this part here:

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc... In addition, we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database. This shard could be grouped, so that a group of passworded servers could operate on their own database. Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs.

The important bits... "... that will operate on a separate database ..." blah, blah... "... we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database." And this bit... "Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs."

Now I'm no intellectual genius, but the phrases 'separate database', 'own shard of the database' and their own db' would seem to imply that there will eventually be servers, you know, running on their own db, i.e. not running on the hive.

So just sit down and wait. You're going to get what you want, eventually, because they've already said you're going to get what you want!

• Like 3

Bad idea OP and there are so many better ways to handle server hopping which have already been discussed by the devs. You would know if you had paid attention.

Edited by weedmasta

Okay... *deep breath* ... since a lot of you can't seem to work it out, check out this post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/. Work your way down to the section headed Server Management Options. Good. Very good. now read this part here:

The important bits... "... that will operate on a separate database ..." blah, blah... "... we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database." And this bit... "Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs."

Now I'm no intellectual genius, but the phrases 'separate database', 'own shard of the database' and their own db' would seem to imply that there will eventually be servers, you know, running on their own db, i.e. not running on the hive.

So just sit down and wait. You're going to get what you want, eventually, because they've already said you're going to get what you want!

Cheers for your input DJ.

In the mean time we still need a simple yet effective solution, or until a lot more people purchase servers and have private hives.

Edited by WarAndRuin

well private hives isnt a bad thing. why not. the best community had privat hives. the best time was on private hives. so nothing new

Look at all the beans not being given. You just came here with a problem - not a viable solution. Use your brain. 

In the next patch you need to implement ## hour player locking to servers!

I am not really advising you, i am more or less telling you, there is no 2 ways about it this feature needs to be added imminently.

There is way to much server hopping for gear 24/7 around the clock, you can even sit there hit refresh watch all the servers come up empty 0/40 then give it 5 seconds refresh again there will be 1 - 2 players in every server that were just empty for the past hour or so until restart!

It is causing major problems with in the game and for the players, especially if people are quite dedicated to a server or a have so called "home / main" server it starts to really frustrates players for example, when quite a lot of people play a server then have to disconnect  because of restarts then find them selves logging into a room/air field/military base full of about 4 - 5 people because some witless brainless goons have all decided to go raid the server for gear because of the restart, it makes the reality of the game totally abundant.

The amount of times i my self and many others i know, have logged back into a server after restart or are playing the game properly and looting a military zone to just have some brainless Muppet log in behind you and spray and pray and KoS for no reason at all. It frustrates players it makes it very difficult to new spawners in the game and it provokes KOS hugely, and like i have said before the worst thing about it is these people who are server hopping are already primarily geared. so it is obviously just a case of a lack of maturity and sense.

Is it possible to get some kind of ## hour player lock to a server after you join it, so you have to wait another ## hours before you can hop to another one without loosing your gear!, where you can still hop but it will reset your character, or even just a hour.

Just to make this clear by player lock i do not mean a player has to be locked to one server you will be able to hop servers just the same but with the consequences of loosing your gear and re spawning.

OR

Lock gear to individual servers just like the mod!

24 hour auto lock was just a prominent suggestive title for all your brain dead witless individuals who seem to be speculating on the title and not the content of the thread!

Not a good idea. At least for next patch. MUCH of the enjoyment of this game comes from playing with friends, and this idea restricts that so much.

Not a good idea. At least for next patch. MUCH of the enjoyment of this game comes from playing with friends, and this idea restricts that so much.

How does it ? when you can hop when ever you want.

Cheers for your input DJ.

In the mean time we still need a simple yet effective solution, or until a lot more people purchase servers and have private hives.

True, but I don't think that it will have a high priority ATM. There are some other more pressing issues that need to be addressed first.

Also, just found this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/

How can I run my own server?

We want to allow private hosting, which includes passworded servers, but we are finalizing changes to our database that will allow us to run a little data instance just for that server. This gives the best of both having a database and having a private community, without those private communities affecting the main database.

I'm prepared to wait and see what happens once all the devs are back online. Once we get further into the Alpha/Beta we'll have a better idea of what sort of game we'll be playing.
Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 2