360Nation

The Worst Day of Alpha..

Today was and so far to date is the worst day of Day Z Standalone's Alpha. It consisted of the following: Rubberbanding madness, every 20 seconds I would band back to where I began. Character gear wipes, every time I stopped playing and came back online I have no gear. Lots of server lag, explains itself. Worst day of Alpha. Hope the Devs are hammering, Lag, Rubberbanding, and Gear wipes for characters. 

• Like 2

the Hive is being DDoS'ed, nothing the devs can do until they wake up in the next hour or two

the Hive is being DDoS'ed, nothing the devs can do until they wake up in the next hour or two

All the servers are getting DDOSed then because all this happened in loads of servers.. Who would DDOS Day Z? 

Don't know why people would DDoS hives. Waste of time unless they have a grudge against the devs. 

All the servers are getting DDOSed then because all this happened in loads of servers.. Who would DDOS Day Z? 

Same kinda people who do it to other games. EVE online was hit on new years eve.

• Like 1

Sergey Titov??????

• Like 14

If the main (and only) hive is down then all character data is down.

We live in an age were people do shit 'fer da lulz'.  I don't question who anymore.  Sometimes I don't even question Why.

Sergey Titov??????

HAHAAHAHAH Only an Infestation player would get this :D why him though? 

This DERP group hasn't targeted DayZ. Its mostly throughout its history been focused on GMod communities and Cloudflare/LMN services, its only just recently stepped up to Internap level and has been hitting much bigger targets...but they haven't launched a direct attack at DayZ itself. Its possible that they've hit something thats directly affecting the primary hive host though, but its collateral damage of something else they're doing.

And yeah that "leaked personal info" is definitely not their information, otherwise they wouldn't have acknowledged it.

Edited by semipr0

Don't know why people would DDoS hives.

Some men just wanna watch the world burn.

This DERP group hasn't targeted DayZ. Its mostly throughout its history been focused on GMod communities and Cloudflare/LMN services, its only just recently stepped up to Internap level and has been hitting much bigger targets...but they haven't launched a direct attack at DayZ itself. Its possible that they've hit something thats directly affecting the primary hive host though, but its collateral damage of something else they're doing.

And yeah that "leaked personal info" is definitely not their information, otherwise they wouldn't have acknowledged it.

Yes they have, read there tweets..

Twelve year old's with their moms credit card to pay someone to do it? 

• Like 1

Yes they have, read there tweets..

There are no instances of mention of DayZ going all the way back to their original launch of this twitter site. They are not targetting DayZ, currently they appear to be targetting XBL...if that somehow is affecting DayZ, then we have a larger conspiracy than a bunch of guys with USB drives wandering around botting unsecured hardware to create hostile networks, to figure out.

Edited by semipr0

There are no instances of mention of DayZ going all the way back to their original launch of this twitter site. They are not targetting DayZ, currently they appear to be targetting XBL...if that somehow is affecting DayZ, then we have a larger conspiracy than a bunch of guys with USB drives wandering around botting unsecured hardware to create hostile networks, to figure out.

They take requests from people... Some people may be upset at Dayz from dieing or hate Dayz from WarZ.

They take requests from people... Some people may be upset at Dayz from dieing or hate Dayz from WarZ.

If they were hitting DayZ they'd have said something about it. You're dealing with people that are reveling in their own infamy right now, its not like they're going to neglect to mention what they're doing because the entire point of it is "for the lulz" but in reality the entire point of it is for the attention.

Perhaps whoever is behind it all thinks they'll get a book deal after they do their prison time, Who knows...don't really care either. The unfortunate truth of the world is nobody cared about these guys when they were taking down GMod RP servers. It just wasn't worth anyones time because there wasn't enough money behind the potential damages to incite criminal investigation. Over the last week and a half they've stepped up to spitting in the eyes of EA, Microsoft, Internap, Black Lotus, Cloudflare, LMN and a good sized number of other very large net entities...DERP can DERP, but they are running on extremely borrowed time at this point. Lulzsec couldn't get caught either...they were "smarter" than the feds too. Seems they weren't smarter for long enough though.

So in the end, I'm not even sure I entirely disagree with this DERP groups philosophy to a certain extent...but they aren't targetting DayZ cause if they were they'd have said so....free publicity is free publicity after all.

If they were hitting DayZ they'd have said something about it. You're dealing with people that are reveling in their own infamy right now, its not like they're going to neglect to mention what they're doing because the entire point of it is "for the lulz" but in reality the entire point of it is for the attention.

Perhaps whoever is behind it all thinks they'll get a book deal after they do their prison time, Who knows...don't really care either. The unfortunate truth of the world is nobody cared about these guys when they were taking down GMod RP servers. It just wasn't worth anyones time because there wasn't enough money behind the potential damages to incite criminal investigation. Over the last week and a half they've stepped up to spitting in the eyes of EA, Microsoft, Internap, Black Lotus, Cloudflare, LMN and a good sized number of other very large net entities...DERP can DERP, but they are running on extremely borrowed time at this point. Lulzsec couldn't get caught either...they were "smarter" than the feds too. Seems they weren't smarter for long enough though.

So in the end, I'm not even sure I entirely disagree with this DERP groups philosophy to a certain extent...but they aren't targetting DayZ cause if they were they'd have said so....free publicity is free publicity after all.

They did say something days ago.. 

This explains partially why the forums where going up and down a few days ago.

This explains partially why the forums where going up and down a few days ago.

Thats what they hit..

• Like 1

Sergey Titov??????

No because ISS got hit hard with hackers to this holiday as well dude.

'Tis the growing pains of an Alpha.

Sergey Titov??????

I wouldn't be surprised... :P

If the main (and only) hive is down then all character data is down.

We live in an age were people do shit 'fer da lulz'.  I don't question who anymore.  Sometimes I don't even question Why.

Almost the same. Yet I can't help wondering why. I mean, there are organisations that deserve some trouble, but not DayZ!

EDIT : I can't spell for shit ;)

Edited by Weparo