Solopopo

Should my comp be performing better?

Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct place. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113115

I've upgraded this PC with a Radeon 5770 and a 600 watt power supply. When I'm in big cities I get about 17 frames. In the woods I get about 30-40. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get higher frames? My CPU is a little under-powered. 

Dayz Document file

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=46875;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winW=800;
winH=600;
winDefW=800;
winDefH=600;
refresh=60;
Render_W=1920;
Render_H=1080;
FSAA=0;
postFX=0;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=1062305792;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;
vsync=0;
AToC=0;
SWLayersCount=0;
PipQuality=1;
PPAA=0;
Windowed=0;

Other Dayz Profiles

sceneComplexity=200000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;

Edited by Solopopo

I wanted to quote but my brawser would just keep crashing lol

On a serious note 

AMD Phenom X4 9750(2.4GHz)

This is the problem and you should be looking to upgrade to at least FX 6300

On a serious note 

http://www.pcworld.com/product/pg/1130666905/detail

This site lists the CPUs compatible with my mobo. Which of these would be best? I'm not sure if my mobo supports FX chips. 

These are the processors it says are supported by my mobo

AMD Sempron|AMD Phenom|AMD Athlon 64 X2|AMD Athlon 64

Unfortunately I don't think I have AM2+, only AM2. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Solopopo

On a serious note 

Don't forget that the system he bought is running Vista... ewww... Vista isn't the most optimized OS. There are also loads of un-needed services and programs you can disable to improve performance.

I use Razer Game Booster with a custom services file, BlackViper Win7 Tweaks (Has Vista too but be careful using it if you have no idea what you are doing) and use Ccleaner or run 'msconfig' and take out all the crap that starts when your PC boots (again, if you don't know what you are doing, this can screw up your PC). There are also tweaks for DayZ out there where you modify the DayZ config files. That helped me gain an extra 20 FPS with my crappy nVidia 450 GTS.

Don't forget that the system he bought is running Vista... ewww... Vista isn't the most optimized OS. There are also loads of un-needed services and programs you can disable to improve performance.

I use Razer Game Booster with a custom services file, BlackViper Win7 Tweaks (Has Vista too but be careful using it if you have no idea what you are doing) and use Ccleaner or run 'msconfig' and take out all the crap that starts when your PC boots (again, if you don't know what you are doing, this can screw up your PC). There are also tweaks for DayZ out there where you modify the DayZ config files. That helped me gain an extra 20 FPS with my crappy nVidia 450 GTS.

I've clean installed Windows 7 on this computer. I don't have any bloatware or unneeded processes. The tweaks I've made to those files are in my original post. 

Edited by Solopopo

On a serious note 

The Phenom is a FM2 socket.. the FX series requires FM3+.. You would have to upgrade your motherboard as well with the processor... But he is still correct, upgrade your processor. If it requires to upgrade the mobo (which it does), then that is what I would do.

The Phenom is a FM2 socket.. the FX series requires FM3+.. You would have to upgrade your motherboard as well with the processor... But he is still correct, upgrade your processor. If it requires to upgrade the mobo (which it does), then that is what I would do.

Don't you mean AM2? I'm trying to avoid upgrading the mobo if possible. Any suggestions for AM2 processors that are better than my current one? 

Edited by Solopopo