-Gews-

Accuracy comparison: DayZ vs ARMA 2

We play as nobody. Our avatars have no background as enforced/endorsed by the game. They're neither untrained civilians nor military folk. They're just vessels, stand-ins, paper dolls.

Any "background" given to a "character" is purely conjured up in the player's mind, and has nothing to do with the avatar rendered on your screen as far as the game is concerned.

Our avatars are neither inept nor skilled, they're nothing.

So, all that should be done is to render the shooting mechanic in a straightforward manner as to reward player skill. If a PLAYER is inept, he/she will already be inaccurate. If a PLAYER is skilled, he/she will already be accurate. An arbitrary and uncounterable "spread" value just muddles the entire system and screws over people doing the right things.

• Like 2

does anyone know if they have fixed the dust clouds so you can see the bullet impacts again??

I dont actually find the weapons as bad as shown in these diagrams..my m4 and Mosin shots always seem right on the top even at 200/300m...haven;t really noticed this massive dispersion range or i would be missing zombies often,, i pretty much always hit the zombies first shot and i've shot a lot of them...

Also i dont like all this we are untrained noob civilians and not military talk. from just playing games for many years, paintballing, BB guns and rifles, and other basic team games we can handle and shoot a gun fairly accurately.. And thats coming from someone in the UK with no access to fire arms...

How could you be shooting a rifle without access to a firearm? Were you referring to a pellet gun/pellet rifle?

We dont have access to any real fire-arms such as shotguns or assault rifles., and there aren't gun shops in my town. But i have fired off small calibre 22 rifles set up with scopes and gas bb guns on farm land a couple of times.

I see the point above saying we are empty vessels but I dont agree with random dispersion at all..Maybe if firing from the hip there should be small dispersion,  but not ADS.

We dont have access to any real fire-arms such as shotguns or assault rifles., and there aren't gun shops in my town. But i have fired off small calibre 22 rifles set up with scopes and gas bb guns on farm land a couple of times.

I see the point above saying we are empty vessels but I dont agree with random dispersion at all..Maybe if firing from the hip there should be small dispersion,  but not ADS.

To be fair firing large caliber guns is much more different then firing .22 which is what a lot of the guns in this game are. The 1911 is .45, there are 9's and 7.62 which have a signicant amount of recoil. Though at the sametime you would have more experience then a "soccer mom" who may have never even shot a bb gun before. I believe they should switch it to where your character progresses as he moves forward, and he gets better at shooting but not a whole lot. The accuracy by any means need to be improved and this can be swapped out with more weapon sway.

• Like 1

A bit of progression would be good, 7days to die and project zomboid both have excellent progression tree systems that will reset upon death...

This is why i like the amra 2 and specifically ACE way of doing things. Those willing to take the time to learn how it works IRL will have an advantage- those with better "aim" will hit more often- They should NOT be introducing random gamey mechanics like random dispersion. imho this is simply rockets pathetic and disgusting attempt to add value to this crappy attachments. Mcgyverd' weapons make nice fiction pieces, but i came here for a hardcore simulation environment not arcadey collect all the attachments BS.

Well I think attachments SHOULD change a thing, but not the disperion. Maybe the recoil or how much you move while aiming lying without a bipod. But what is the sense behind the CQB buttstock for example in real life? Does it make the weapon shorter? Lighter? I guess the length part would not be possible in DayZ but the weight factor? Maybe you can tell me.

Well I think attachments SHOULD change a thing, but not the disperion. Maybe the recoil or how much you move while aiming lying without a bipod. But what is the sense behind the CQB buttstock for example in real life? Does it make the weapon shorter? Lighter? I guess the length part would not be possible in DayZ but the weight factor? Maybe you can tell me.

Well the Troy Battle Ax CQB stock (the CQB stock in-game) is actually quite heavy (they make a lightweight version, but it's still heavier IIRC than a Magpul CTR stock).

I think they just called it a "CQB" stock for game reasons. The only things I'd like to see make our weapons better at CQC (i.e. weapon handling in close-quarters) is the length of the barrel (or even just OAL), presence of a foregrip (in terms of overall weapon handling), and perhaps a sling for faster transitions.