Sign in to follow this  
karting29

Blurred screen, please help.

Hey all!

Been playing Day Z for a while now, really starting to enjoy it, been to an airfield and got some guns, now, since I have been on quite a while I have being bleeding quite a lot from Zombie dmg. My screen is blurred and is like that because of blood loss I am led to believe. I've heard you can get Blood back via a blood pack, is there any other way? Also, where can I obtain the items I need? 

Thanks all! Happy new year.

Luke :)

You need a Blood bag kit, A IV Start kit, And a friend.

Alternatively You can use a Saline Bag with a IV start kit, Which lets your friend keep their blood.

Remember, If you don't know your bloodtypes, It's like roulette.  

Hello. Yes there is a way, get the status "healing"

You have maybe noticed sometimes in your inventory that you are either sick,bleeding,thirsty or hungry. this is a status

To obtain the "healing" status complete these steps.

1. find a ton of food, like 2 bags of rice should do it or similar.

2. find a pond or a well.

3. drink untill you feel completly full

4. eat untill you feel completly full.

Dont overeat or overdrink.

Look at you inventory and see if you get the status "healing" wich will later on change to "healthy"

Theres a bug that can make the screen all blur as well, happens to me a couple times a day. All you need to do is go to the settings menu and click video, that seems to help...if that were your problem.

Thanks all! 

You need a Blood bag kit, A IV Start kit, And a friend.

Alternatively You can use a Saline Bag with a IV start kit, Which lets your friend keep their blood.

Remember, If you don't know your bloodtypes, It's like roulette.  

Whats the IV start kit actually do? I have a first aid kit thats complete with everything. I also know that my blood type is AB+

You combine the IV starter kit with the Saline bag to produce a Saline IV

And this then does? Can I do this alone? I have a saline bag and a starter kit, can I make blood? XD

It has to be administered by another player, I forget the exact time it takes to complete the process, but it regenerates blood, the actual blood transfusion is a 12 second process uninterrupted if I am not mistaken

You can 'harvest' blood from other players by force or by asking a friend, but you need to make sure that the blood type you are going to be 'harvesting' is the same blood type your body can accept, wrong blood type transfused is certain death.

I know you need a blood blag for the harvesting process, never completely went that route always done saline since you have to test blood types.

Blood test kits can be found in hospitals, and will tell you your blood type, pretty sure it is one time use.

Edited by teufel937

When I get a blurry screen I go to options -> video and as soon as I click video everything becomes crystal clear for some reason.

When I get a blurry screen I go to options -> video and as soon as I click video everything becomes crystal clear for some reason.

Yeah sometimes the hive, however you want to put it, drops your settings and you basically have to refresh it by hopping into settings

I had a blurry screen went to the options and now that is fixed. I miss-worded the query, the problem is a discoloured screen and I believe you get this from blood loss overtime. Is this still fixable by the IV and the Saline bag? Also, if I am AB+ What blood types can I take? I believe it's A, B and AB+ (Done this in school but not overconfident, correct me if I'm wrong). I have a friend but he hasn't tested, once I find him, we'll test him and make sure I can take blood, and one more thing, if I take blood, will that make his screen more discoloured from losing blood?

Thanks all!

Luke

Not sure if it will discolour his screen if you take his blood, never had mine taken.
But the Saline bag will repelinsh blood, alot easier and alot more common than blood bags and blood test kits.
You can also gorge on food and water until your status reads I feel full, then you will get the healthy status and recover 3 blood per second.

As for the blood types refer too ; http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Blood_type

Ahhh that video D: I've watched part of it before I'll check it again soon, thanks!

blood loss = loss of colour

blurred screen upon login - esc>options>video>fix

• Like 1