Sign in to follow this  
TheCalyx

Vehicles on the Take on Helicopters Engine....

I understand that DayZ is now on the Take on Helicopters engine but has anyone thought about the Helicopters? Take on Helicopters is meant to be a more realistic flying sim than Arma used and requires alot of skill to get the helicopter running and in the air. Will this system be included in Standalone to reduce how easy it is to fly helicopters or is there going to be a new system for all vehicles? Like Helicopters are very hard to fly and require a lot of practise, planes are also hard to get started and flying and vehicles require you to actually manually turn a key or hotwire the car instead of just jumping in and pressing Q or W.?

• Like 1

Well if my character already has all the medical know how he needs to cure bullet wounds with mere bandages flying a heli should be a walk in the park.

I definitly support the idea of using ToH mechanics for helicopters. it will create more immersion and more player interaction. You might find a helicopter but you might not know how to start it up or fly it, so you would have to team up with someone that does. Dayz is the type of game that gets more fun the more realistic it is.

• Like 2

A game engine can always be edited...sigh, how often does this need to be discussed D:

That would be fucking AMAZING if they did that. I did see a game play of that take on heli's and the way you start up a heli and fly it around is pretty unique. much more realistic IMO and honestly if Dean is going to realism than he would be smart to keep some of those features in. honestly I'm not sure where you heard the engine was ON the take on helicopters engine as I never heard or read anything along these lines....

Well if my character already has all the medical know how he needs to cure bullet wounds with mere bandages flying a heli should be a walk in the park.

1. Remove bullet if easily accesible. If not skip this step.

2. Disinfect wound.

3. Stop bleeding.

4. Bandage.

5. Increase the victims bloodpressure with salt-water infusions.

Every 10 y/o can do it. If he really wants to that is. But try flying a helo w/o extensive training... you won't even get the engine started.

A game engine can always be edited...sigh, how often does this need to be discussed D:

edited yes, but only to a degree without having to rip everything down and start a new.

2. Disinfect wound.

3. Stop bleeding.

4. Bandage.

Every 10 y/o can do it. If he really wants to that is. But try flying a helo w/o extensive training... you won't even get the engine started.

so your saying you can remove a bullet from your gut, disinfect the wound, stop the bleeding all with 1 bandage? your a wizard!

2. Disinfect wound.

3. Stop bleeding.

4. Bandage.

oh. you just "stop the bleeding" huh?

tell me more all mighty medical wizard -.-

Spray disinfectant on finger, stick finger in wound, grimace like Chuck, carry on killing all like Arnie.

• Like 1

I like the idea of advanced vehicle system to get them started etc, like fueling a vehicle, when filling it up it has an actual animation

so your saying you can remove a bullet from your gut, disinfect the wound, stop the bleeding all with 1 bandage? your a wizard!

Never said that you only need a bandage. It takes disinfectant, bandages, something to fix them with and some kind of tool to reach the wound without tearing up the whole body. But yes, given a standart medipack everybody could save someone. It requires two guys ofc. (unless you're rambo/007).

If the bullet goes through the lungs, liver, hart, kidneys you're fucked. But even a fully equipped hospital staff coulden't save you if that's the case.

oh. you just "stop the bleeding" huh?

tell me more all mighty medical wizard -.-

3.1 apply pressure.

3.2 maintain pressure with bandages. If that fails you'll have to stitch the wound or clamp the bigger bleeding bloodvessels.

EDIT: When it reads "stop the bleeding" it really is as simple as it sounds. No matter how and from where the blood comes out, stop it from doing so with all means, no matter how.

I like the idea of advanced vehicle system to get them started etc, like fueling a vehicle, when filling it up it has an actual animation

We already have that.

Edited by Weparo

Hello there

We're getting a little off topic.

Vehicles will be very different from ToH and Arma. Obviously the dev's may be inspired by either of those programs but you wont see a direct rip from either AFAIK

I too hope they nod towards realism to a degree.

Rdgs

LoK