Joseph1234

Dean "Rocket" Hall, may I ask a Favor?

If any Developers read this, please take this seriously and respectfully.

Dean Hall, many gamers have been moved by your release "Dayz" and have wanted to play it for a while, however some gamers have only Playstation 4, and Xbox One. In all Seriousness, not every family, let alone young adult, can afford a Desktop or Gaming laptop Capable of playing your Awesome Mod/ Standalone release. Afrer some research online, I have only come across a couple websites, mainly News, that mentions Your title coming to New generation Consoles, and these, are lacking in important details, and are leaving console gamers in the dark. If you, as you have the most influence on media right now, could make a Official announcement pertaining to Console release, which we all know is, if indeed is true, is some way off. I know, after reading, that Microsoft has put in effect a fee, for updating the game. If I remember correctly, is 10,000$. We all know this is an obstacle, but console gaming is, as you said, a mainstream right into the market. So if you would, please give your thoughts and, if necessary, your plans for Dayz Coming to consoles, if indeed these rumors are true..

Thankyou

• Like 6

I sincerely hope some day console gamers are able to enjoy DayZ the same as we PC gamers have and will be.

With the current hardware of next-gen consoles, there is no reason they can't run it.

Having said that, porting is a time consuming and costly process.  We have a long way to go before the PC version is even ready, we're just getting started.

If console gamers are lucky enough to see DayZ, it will be years from now.  Keep your hopes up, and your patience :)

• Like 3

Hello there

This has been covered in length both here and on reddit etc where all the facts (and rumours) can be found.

Have a search through them both.

Short answer is that DAYZ *may* well come to consoles. AFAIK it will be after the PC release, but my info may be out of date.

Go forth and hunt down those facts, they're all there.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I don't really see how DayZ would work on a console as i count i use atleast 16+ keys when playing DayZ.

An Xbox One or PS4 controller as i understand has around 12 buttons or so.

Edited by Zecele
  • Like 3

if you can afford an xbox one you can afford a cheapish gaming pc to play this game.

• Like 5

Hello there

Consolisation is possible, one just needs to be creative about the control system. It's a long way off regardless.

Rdgs

LoK

I'm a fan of keyboard and mouse. But there is something a controller can do better than mouse and keyboard. It's this analog thing. Think in terms of leaning and such.

And you can do more different actions than just those 12 buttons, because you can combine it for instance A+LT/RT.

Edited by elLoCo
  • Like 1

Port for xbox will probably never happen, and port for playstation will probably be a slim proposition. In any case, neither could be ported until in reaches 'retail' status. xbox is absolutely crap for any type of 'update' system (sure from 'your' point of view any 'updates, dlc etc' seems easy enough, but its really a bad 'system' for a game like DayZ (SA)), The way the console companies require 'packaging' of updates (et al) is not friendly to developers in any way shape or form. Rocket has said he is not against the thought of porting to consoles, but from the developers point of view it is not going to happen any time soon (if at all). 

Sorry man, its winter, so you could go shovel walks and earn some cheddar...

• Like 1

Port for xbox will probably never happen, and port for playstation will probably be a slim proposition. In any case, neither could be ported until in reaches 'retail' status. xbox is absolutely crap for any type of 'update' system (sure from 'your' point of view any 'updates, dlc etc' seems easy enough, but its really a bad 'system' for a game like DayZ (SA)), The way the console companies require 'packaging' of updates (et al) is not friendly to developers in any way shape or form. Rocket has said he is not against the thought of porting to consoles, but from the developers point of view it is not going to happen any time soon (if at all). 

Sorry man, its winter, so you could go shovel walks and earn some cheddar...

I would definitely see it coming to PS4 over Xbox One.  Especially since PS4 already has 3 FTP PC ports since launch that I can think of off the top of my head.

It would be very easy to map the controls to a controller over M+K.  No problem there.  Gamers can adapt regardless of control method, never doubt them :)

Given the projected release date, it might well be ported to the PS5 and the XbTwo... 

Pretty funny :)

Given the total longevity of consoles, they'll probably see it on PS4 and XB1.   

I personally hope DayZ is so successful that it not only happens, but it's demanded :)  I want BI to make MILLIONS off this game.

I don't really see how DayZ would work on a console as i count i use atleast 16+ keys when playing DayZ.

I count 22... Console gamers gonna hate :D

It could definitely happen and frankly I hope it happens so console players can suffer through a bad port like PC users have had to suffer through bad console ports. 

In all seriousness Rocket stated that any console release would be dictated by DayZ's success on PC, since early Alpha has been a huge success I would say the console option (most likely PS4) will be explored when the time is right. Don't expect anything within a year though, the game is still in Alpha and the majority of the development will be geared toward pushing out a full retail release for PC. 

• Like 3

I can't overcome the fact that there'll be even more immature kids playing this and that there will be anti-PVP riots in the streets. If the game receives more attention then yes, port it to console. But even with the button combinations, I don't see this game playing too well on a controller. Not just movement but flying choppers as well. The helicopters in Arma are VERY realistic and controlling it seems just like too much of a task.

I can't overcome the fact that there'll be even more immature kids playing this and that there will be anti-PVP riots in the streets. If the game receives more attention then yes, port it to console. But even with the button combinations, I don't see this game playing too well on a controller. Not just movement but flying choppers as well. The helicopters in Arma are VERY realistic and controlling it seems just like too much of a task.

Actually choppers and cars might be the only thing that can be driven/flown with a controller

@op : Current consoles (PS4 and Xbox 1) are shit performancewise. They can't run dayz, and they never will be able to do so. Besides, a DayZ capable PC can be cheaper then said consoles are atm. Please get you facts right.

Also nobody wants all these little cod kiddes here. If you can't afford a decent rig, you're too young anyways.

EDIT:

PC Master Race, DayZ is DayZ because of PC

Master Race forever! We have custum budgets, better controls and nicer graphics!

It could definitely happen and frankly I hope it happens so console players can suffer through a bad port like PC users have had to suffer through bad console ports. 

In all seriousness Rocket stated that any console release would be dictated by DayZ's success on PC, since early Alpha has been a huge success I would say the console option (most likely PS4) will be explored when the time is right. Don't expect anything within a year though, the game is still in Alpha and the majority of the development will be geared toward pushing out a full retail release for PC. 

Please buy an AMD octacore, down clock it to 1.75 GHz and remove the graphics card, then tell me how dayz runs for you. NEWSFLASH: IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Not on the RV engine, nor on a < 3GHz CPU without a dedicated GPU. Sorry. But I think we all know how well DayZ runs on PC, now imagine that on a console....

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

same way i have 35 spells in wow bound to 14. Shift Modifiers. A bumper could easily be made where you hold LB and X, or Y, or B, ect. would do something different thant X,Y,B, ect does.

Also nobody wants all these little cod kiddes here. If you can't afford a decent rig, you're too young anyways.

Its mean, and true.

Its a console, features will always lack, but remember this.

Tap B- Crouch

Tap B- Stand up

Hold B- Prone

Tap A- Pickup Item

Tap A on Player- Options to (Open backpack, Use Blood Bag on, etc)

Hold LT - Aim Down Sights

Tap RT- fire

RB- Switch Weapons

LB- I'm not sure, Sitdown? Use an item such as tents? Make fire place? Perhaps another menu?

ps4 will probably get it and it takes about 8-12 weeks to port. joypad isnt a issue.

ps4 will probably get it and it takes about 8-12 weeks to port. joypad isnt a issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS4

Look at the system specs. It will never happen. NEVER EVER.

Its mean, and true.

I know, and I don't want to be, but I speak the truth.

• Like 1

If any Developers read this, please take this seriously and respectfully.

Dean Hall, many gamers have been moved by your release "Dayz" and have wanted to play it for a while, however some gamers have only Playstation 4, and Xbox One. In all Seriousness, not every family, let alone young adult, can afford a Desktop or Gaming laptop Capable of playing your Awesome Mod/ Standalone release. Afrer some research online, I have only come across a couple websites, mainly News, that mentions Your title coming to New generation Consoles, and these, are lacking in important details, and are leaving console gamers in the dark. If you, as you have the most influence on media right now, could make a Official announcement pertaining to Console release, which we all know is, if indeed is true, is some way off. I know, after reading, that Microsoft has put in effect a fee, for updating the game. If I remember correctly, is 10,000$. We all know this is an obstacle, but console gaming is, as you said, a mainstream right into the market. So if you would, please give your thoughts and, if necessary, your plans for Dayz Coming to consoles, if indeed these rumors are true..

Thankyou

There hasn't been an official announcement yet because...it's not official.

Rocket has only expressed interest in porting DayZ to PS4...maybe to Xbox if Microsoft pulls their head out of their ass and stops charging developers $10,000 upfront for the privilege of making Microsoft money.  He said he might look into working on a PS4 devkit after the Alpha release but so far it looks like they're dedicating all their development time to PC.  And Hall said not to expect the official release for over a year.  So...maybe (just spit-balling here) you might see DayZ on PS4 a year later after that.

If it ever did come out on consoles, I would hope there would be cross platform multiplayer between PC and consoles

Edited by PipWinsAgain