35 members have voted

1. 1. How long before Beta release

• 6 months
    • 8 months
    • 12 months
    • 16 months
    • 18 months
    • never...

Based on what I see, the current situation of the Alpha and all the things that need to be fixed, added, changed I think it will be at least one more year or a year and a half before the game will go into Beta mode...

Pretty sad... before we reach Beta most of the people will leave the game.

From the Steam store page:

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage.

• Like 2

You forgot the only viable choice, It'll be out when it's out.

• Like 1

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage.

Ya'll make it sound like you don't need our feedback, but simply that DayZ 0.1 was released because it would have been inappropriate not to do so.

What I'm saying is: it sounds like there's a plan in place already and feedback that we give, is simply the same feedback that any playtester will give.

I'm happy it's here, I just wish it was here, instead of being here as an exploitation of what's acceptable for a confirmed alpha 

Edit: So it's here and it isn't here. It will be here in a year. How does that make sense? lol   

Edited by DaveZ

You made me smile :)

I'd like to say: 8 months if there's a lot of useful feedback. 16 months if there's 'not useful' feedback. 

But it seems there's a plan in place already and feedback, alongside our time wasted on 1/2 a game is not entirely necessary.

I do hate to be the sore thumb, I just don't like marketing strategies etc   

This is Bohemia Interactive though. It's taken them twelve years to almost reach a point where Operation Flashpoint has most of the bugs ironed out. They operate on a geological timescale.

(I mention this because I dug out my old Operation Flashpoint and Resistance discs, and it's interesting to see the bits of these games are still in DayZ (bearing in mind they came out in 2001-2003). The pub has the same model and the sink is basically the same, with the oddly inverted sinkplug:

h54m.jpg

70el.jpg

mmbs.jpg

Resistance added the tower blocks, which are unfurnished but were ported into ArmA and ArmAII:

hlmy.jpg

27h0.jpg

wkgs.jpg

The cut-off church bell noise is the same, and so are the green military towers and the security guard huts at the entrance to airfields. The hangars are the same shape, and there's a familiar-looking industrial building. Of course a tonne of changes have gone on behind the scenes but I remember buying ArmA and feeling that they really needed more staff.)

Edited by AshleyP
  • Like 1