• Adding a bit more to stop KoS mentality
    • Fix Wall/Floor glitches allowing you to hide and kill while unseen
    • 3rd person removal
    • More weapons
    • Improve Hacker Security
    • Respawn Loot
    • Gamma/Brightness exploit removed/improved
    • More stability to client
    • Meh, I couldn't care less. I just enjoy reading the tears. They taste so nice...

P.S; How do you all propose we fix Combat Logging? I've seen ideas of keeping the body there for 10-15 seconds extra, is that so you can continue shouting in direct comms for an extra 10-15 seconds telling that person to put their hands up? How do you know there isn't a 10-15 second timer in now? My point is, it won't make a difference because you're still going to think he's active in game due to his character still being active in front of you.

Last time I played EVE online if you logged off when your ship was already targeted, the ship would last for a certain time and you would be essentially screwed.

It's quite simple to use the same logic: if you disconnect when there are people around, your char will last longer on the server. So if you are in front of a gun, you're probably dead, if you're hiding you must hide yourself well, or simply try to run off undetected and log off.

Edited by Noisex
  • Like 2

fixing the loot respawn will basically result in less server hopping

Actually fixing the server hoppers will fix the server hoppers, has nothing to do with loot spawns. They will server hop because they can.

Every single thing listed in this poll is already known and acknowledged by the devs. This poll servers no purpose at all. The devs have their own priority system and NOTHING we do will change that. OP seems to be doing nothing but trolling and trying to stir drama.

Not sure about causing the drama bit but I do agree that the Devs do know wtf is up and what is a priority to fix. Not for nothing but I think that is what This is for, but I could be wrong.  ;)

Edited by R.Neville

I think in should go

1. Combat Logging

2. Server Hopping

3. Stable Client

4. Hacker Security

5. Respawned loot

6. More weapons

7.Wall Floor Glitches

8. Adding more to stop KOS mentality.

I'd like to see loot respawn addressed soon.

It's too all or nothing right now. The first people who move through the coast get all the gear, and everyone who logs in after that get literally nothing. In my eyes that's just a really bad dynamic.

Edited by Egrets

Priority order: 

1. Combat logging (this is always going to be first for me because server hoppers get wrecked without combat logging)

2. Server lag / inventory Tetris 

3. Server hopping 

4. Zombie count and AI, animals and hunting 

5. Vehicles and additional weapons

6. Further optimization

7. Utes / Far North 

8. Further optimization

9. Base building

10. Final optimizations and any other content that has lower priority 

1 ) Server Hopping 

2 ) Combat Logging 

3 ) Hacker Security

This is what I'd prioritize to fix. 

Last time I played EVE online if you logged off when your ship was already targeted, the ship would last for a certain time and you would be essentially screwed.

It's quite simple to use the same logic: if you disconnect when there are people around, your char will last longer on the server. So if you are in front of a gun, you're probably dead, if you're hiding you must hide yourself well, or simply try to run off undetected and log off.

But what I'm trying to say is, if a group of heroes find a guy and kindly ask him to put his hands up or his weapon away; if the guy logged and his character stayed then the AI (Replacement of his computer) would either stand with the weapon or put his weapon away and stand completely still until the timer runs up. Here's what would happen in both scenario's

Scenario A (Standing with Weapon) The heroes would repeatedly ask the AI (Unknowingly) to put their weapon away until the timer is up and the corpse disappears.

Scenario B (Standing without weapon) The heroes would move in and have one person ask if the AI (unknowingly again) wants food, water or medical attention; until the corpse disappears again when the timer is up.

It won't matter if you're a bandit because you'll just kill on sight anyway, but it matters if you're a hero.

Sorry if I'm going off topic folks, and do tell me if it's bothering you, but I just feel having any timer like that wouldn't work as good as people think.

As far as I see in fact, there is no way to stop combat logging unfortunately.

hopefully the Devs will pick what the community wants most and fixes said issue thus stopping 60% of tears and allowing them to concentrate on other things or have a life.

Don't you know? DayZ is powered by tears.

I play EvE Online alot and the mechanic they use is awesome. Basically, If you have aggression(combat timer) and you log off, you warp off and stay in space for 5 minutes and someone has to find you if they want to kill you. If you are currently engaged in battle and you log off, you basically stay there if warp scrambled and you die. Pod goes too if there is a Sabre pilot near you. muhahaha

But what I'm trying to say is, if a group of heroes find a guy and kindly ask him to put his hands up or his weapon away; if the guy logged and his character stayed then the AI (Replacement of his computer) would either stand with the weapon or put his weapon away and stand completely still until the timer runs up.

If I remember rightly, DayZ Origins had something in place to stop this. When you logged off, regardless of a combat timer, your character would have a really dramatic fake death animation so you knew for a fact they logged off.

I strongly feel that the ZOMBIES Infected can help a few aspects of the game, like KOS and server hopping. I say that fixing the ZOMBIES Infected so that they stop walking thru walls and make them take more than one bullet to the foot to kill, then allowing them to spawn indoors. Hordes of ZOMBIES Infected would be in and around prime loots spots. People wouldn't want to log into a fresh/empty server cuz they would die. Also, people would have a reason to cooperate instead of killing everyone they see. Also, if you were outnumbered by Bandits you could use the ZOMBIES Infected in your favor to pick them off or get away when they get swarmed because of firing their guns. This is what I feel is the most important now, this will keep people interested and get more people into the game.

Here's my priority list:

1) Loot spawning. Like it or not, the prime determinant in whether or not you stay alive is items. In order to get accurate metrics and have people live long enough to test a wide variety of scenarios often, it's important the loot distribution system is figured out.

2) Zombie spawning. Hugely important, but #2 because I think it's unfair to ask players to survive 5-10x more zombies in the game that also happen to re-spawn without giving them an appropriate amount of tools and weapons to deal with the threat.

3) Character integrity. Yes, it's Alpha and nobody should get too attached to their character, but the fact that server network hiccups can apparently randomly delete players should be of some concern fundamentally. Not just on a "I didn't want to lose my stuff!" level but on a basic kind of "The game shouldn't do stuff like that!" level. At the very least, flag servers in the server list if they haven't yet been white-listed and can't access the hive so we know not to play on them yet.

4) Collision and player integrity. Come on. Joke's over. Stop killing people for climbing ladders. New in the Standalone is the frequent and infuriating experience of phasing through walls into dead-zones and no man's lands in building interiors. Worst of all, it's laughably easy to "accidentally" step through the wall of a 2 or 3 story building and end your survival story by teleporting through 3 feet of concrete into a deadly fall. This problem is worrisome not in that you might die, but in that it really deals with a fundamental aspect of the game engine. Collisions should work. They just should. If you can't make "If A runs into B, stop A" work, then a lot of other things are probably going to fail as a result.

• Like 1

2) Zombie spawning. Hugely important, but #2 because I think it's unfair to ask players to survive 5-10x more zombies in the game that also happen to re-spawn without giving them an appropriate amount of tools and weapons to deal with the threat.

I was going to put that on the list but like it says, its a list of the top 10 complaints. AFAIK Dean is constantly working on the Zed issue and has some decent ideas for them.

Edited by Be4st

But what I'm trying to say is, if a group of heroes find a guy and kindly ask him to put his hands up or his weapon away; if the guy logged and his character stayed then the AI (Replacement of his computer) would either stand with the weapon or put his weapon away and stand completely still until the timer runs up. Here's what would happen in both scenario's

Scenario A (Standing with Weapon) The heroes would repeatedly ask the AI (Unknowingly) to put their weapon away until the timer is up and the corpse disappears.

Scenario B (Standing without weapon) The heroes would move in and have one person ask if the AI (unknowingly again) wants food, water or medical attention; until the corpse disappears again when the timer is up.

It won't matter if you're a bandit because you'll just kill on sight anyway, but it matters if you're a hero.

Sorry if I'm going off topic folks, and do tell me if it's bothering you, but I just feel having any timer like that wouldn't work as good as people think.

As far as I see in fact, there is no way to stop combat logging unfortunately.

I don't see the problem. There could be a kind of tag for a log off, but also without it the heroes would treat him like somebody who doesn't collaborate. If a menace they shoot, if not they don't. There's no moral conflict and if you die by heroes' hand it's totally your fault. In case they don't do anything till the time's over it shouldn't be an issue, it means they didn't want to kill him anyway, and if they wanted to help, again, his fault.

Edited by Noisex

I'd like to see loot respawn addressed soon.

It's too all or nothing right now. The first people who move through the coast get all the gear, and everyone who logs in after that get literally nothing. In my eyes that's just a really bad dynamic.

This is it.

Join a server that has been up for a few hours and there's no decent gear or zombies for miles.  Thus, pretty much forced to server hop.  I'd prefer zombie/loot spawns to be the focus providing that it's not a long task to implement.  Since it was done fairly well in DayZ mod, I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to do.

I've put over 50 hours into the game now, and I've had virtually no issues with server stability or crashes.  I have had my gear wiped twice, but I'm pretty sure that was due to the DDoS attack on the hive.

The current game is quite stable and plays well, so I'd prefer that they focus the effort on providing the content and fixes that are the "low hanging fruit."  As in, add/fix the issues that require the least amount of work.  More weapons (at least some .22LR entry level pistols/rifles, a 12g shotgun or two, the AK47, 9mm submachine guns, 5.56/7.62 machineguns) would fall into the 'easy/quick' to implement category, especially if the weapon models are already available.  There's a huge gap in entry level weapons right now.  Either you have a shovel or axe, or you've got the M4 (ideal CQC) or Mosin (ideal sniper).  There's no entry or middle ground at all.

I'd also prefer some persistence on our favorite servers - tents.

..and although this would likely not fall into 'low-hanging fruit' to get the dynamics and work to fix them up - vehicles.  After having them in the mod, running everywhere is ridiculously painful.

Combat logging should be an easy fix.. just require a ~30 second "wait time" before the player physically leaves the server, even if they Alt-F4 out of the client.  The user can't log into another server for at least a couple minutes after a combat log so that the hive has proper resolution of their gear in the event of a death after logging.  This wait time cannot be canceled so a player can't start a combat log then come back in an effort to bait the attacking player.  An announcement to nearby players that a combat logging is taking place should also be made so they can move in for the kill.

• Like 2

how about we make it easier for the devs by not trying to constantly dictate what should be their 'priority'

I voted for loot respawning because I feel that it would also reduce server hopping a bit, and possibly alleviate KoS slightly by allowing people to spread out a bit more instead of always congregating at Balota.

My 2nd choice would have been improved zombie pathing because I'm tired of getting aggro while looting a house and seeing the infamous floor-zombie materialize in the room.

Optimize the game! I just spend 500 euro upgrading my pc so I can play this game . GPU, CPU, SSD.

And gues what? I still fcuking lag !

• Like 1

Hi all,

Since the release of DayZ Standalone, we have all noticed a never ending amount of repetitive posts/complaints referring to the same damn thing. Its going to take the Devs years to sort through all the tears from the past few weeks which is going to delay the fixing of these issues.

So.... I have come up with an idea of doing a poll where you can select one thing you think needs to be changed and hopefully the Devs will pick what the community wants most and fixes said issue thus stopping 60% of tears and allowing them to concentrate on other things or have a life.

I have picked the top 10 complaints from both the Forum and DayZ Bug Report/Feedback site since SA was released. If you vote, please only vote if you believe that it is of utmost importance and needs to fixed ASAP.

This poll is probably not going to stop these annoying repetitive posts and even if said change is fixed, more repetitive posts will probably appear and annoy everyone again. At that point, I hope that BI or the Devs would have created a filter to stop multiple threads regarding the same issue(s).

Be4st

Stability, glitches and LADDERS

nobody ever thinks about us mods..

L

you see my profile pick i think of you mods.

Where's the "Increase player count" option!

I wanted the same, but my reasoning was: 

Increased stability means being able to support more players, more zombies, and more loot. And when the foundation of the game is stable, you can start adding more content.

It makes me very sad that people think that stopping ragequitters and server looters is more important than having a playable client.

Vote on "More stability to client" if you know what's good for you!

My vote would have gone to decreasing/temporarily removing the fuckin penalties for falling if it was there.

The options of fix combat logging and add in more to stop the KoS mentality are likely to be related. People are less likely to shoot someone they planned on robbing if that person doesn't have the option to instantly escape anymore.

How can you over all the things choose combat logging? WHO THE HECK EXCEPT MURDERERS CARES about combat logging in alpha?If you choosed this option over others you should probably go play CoD and leave some normal guys to help with development of DayZ