BRDominik

Trick to find out, the GSP of a Abusive Server.

i see. although there suddenly now are restrictions on kicking, fact still remains: it is not against the rules to kick players. 

They added the rule that you can kick for verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage

because of a loophole.

Plus racism which was not added. So how are they still allowed to kick.

When it will be breaking the rules and will be delt with, as the server provider now have a clear set of rules.

I don't see your point. !

Edited by Faz

Wish they would do more about enforcing the rules.  It's bad enough that these public servers claim "private" status in their names; some of them have a total-kick policy, to where you are kicked before you finish logging in.  As well, your kick can earn you a five-minute penalty just for being kicked, so an innocent attempt to join a server that has a good ping and a reasonable time-of-day ends up costing you a time out.  If you are playing on your lunch break, that can make a real difference in your enjoyment.

• Like 1

I created a tool on my site to find the server provider hosting a server automatically and report them. Just look up the server at dayzserver.com and it should tell you the hosting provider automatically as well as give you the option to report the server.

• Like 1

"No servers found." 

Well, I pulled the ISP and reported them.  We will see if fragnet gets back to me.

Is the method quoted above wrong?  I reported two to abuse@fragnet.net and haven't heard anything back yet; so far as I know, those two servers are still running as private servers.  Does it just take a long time, or do we just accept that Fragnet won't do anything and those wanting private servers should get one from them?

I think some hosts are afraid if people their servers get shutdown they just let paypal refund it and they loose money and gave people a free server for a few dayz. But thats just something I think.

Is the method quoted above wrong?  I reported two to abuse@fragnet.net and haven't heard anything back yet; so far as I know, those two servers are still running as private servers.  Does it just take a long time, or do we just accept that Fragnet won't do anything and those wanting private servers should get one from them?

Depends how long you've been waiting. I've never dealt with fragnet, but Vilayer who I have dealt with regularly usually take about two days to follow up and confirm a claim against a server. They also don't generally communicate with me beyond my initial report, but I can confirm the action by the server disappearing from the server list.

I created a tool on my site to find the server provider hosting a server automatically and report them. Just look up the server at dayzserver.com and it should tell you the hosting provider automatically as well as give you the option to report the server.

So how is this working? Does it directly report to the provider?

Its really sad that a community member got to come up with such a nice and easy method to report them. Thank you for this!

edit: its directly reporting to the provider email. Just had a confirmation about the report in my mail. really great tool!

Edited by VanValdenburg

Hello,

i have send a email to abuse@vilayer.com with the following text:

Hello,

Server: 84.200.34.77:2702 with Name:

"Private PVE -> Join/PVP means kick - by Vilayer.com Regular 115"

An admin kick me because "i play pvp, but the server is pve" (ok, i
cant verify that i have killing no one, but i KNOW, I run across a field
and have kill and see no other players this day).

This Server violates the server rules from:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

*my complete postadress with my realname (how u can see in the link)*

Today i'v got a answer:

Hello *My Realname*,

Unfortunately this server isn't on the Vilayer network. The server owner has probably but "by Vilayer.com" at the end to

avoid being reported. Vilayer branding looks like this: | Vilayer.com

Thank you for your report though, try sending the report to the other hosts as well.

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Adam Brennan (Support Technician)

US : +1(888) 275-5010

UK : +44(020) 3289-0972

DK : +45(65) 75-18-31

AU : +61(02) 8003-7652

Vilayer LTD | www.vilayer.com

----------------------------------------------

Ticket ID: #609074

Subject: Server report because broken server hosting rules

Ticket URL: https://www.vilayer.com/cl/viewticket.php?tid=609074&c=Redlm7cS

----------------------------------------------

What? really?!?

Well, one of the two I reported is up, but they have been forced to change their policy; I haven't been able to find the other one, so I think I can safely assume that he has either lost his privileges - and his money - or has changed his policy, as well.

There are still way too many getting away with threats in the name - or in game messages; the latest was "The server was unable to connect to the Hive and has generated a new character.  It is recommended that you disconnect immediately before your character is overwritten."  Or words to that effect. 

About as nasty and low-down a bare-faced LIE as you could fine.

no use to report to to abuse@fragnet  they will just ignore you,

You can even try their ticket system at:

https://clients.frag...step=2&deptid=2 but it's just a waste of time

I would be VERY cautious, and would flat out avoid using the method described by the OP for looking up the BGP contact information regarding an IP address.

The information in there usually does NOT belong to the game server hosting company, but rather their provider. Most of the time the person/people you'd be contacting VIA that information is not going to give a flying hoot about a server that doesn't conform to whatever rules, unless it is flat out breaking the law, or doing something very malicious on a network (DDOS attacks).

You're bound to piss off some people who will most likely be much higher up the chain of command than the actual server company itself. Likely to get told to take a hike, and if you persist you could actually find yourself nullrouted to their entire network.

That contact info is there in the case of emergencies or network attacks etc. Not for game hackers, abusive admins, jerkoff players, cheaters, etc.

Even if the server admin is completely breaking the terms of service, he's not breaking any laws (I would think anyway).

Essentially you've called the army to deal with the neighbor's barking dog when you should have been calling the animal control.

(I say this as a network admin, who owns a network with BGP listed information... If you called me for an abusive admin on a server in my network, you'd be in for a ride if he wasn't seriously doing something illegal.)

(I say this as a network admin, who owns a network with BGP listed information... If you called me for an abusive admin on a server in my network, you'd be in for a ride if he wasn't seriously doing something illegal.)

Using BGP lets us see the name of the game server provider. We're not making any phone calls to information there, but instead are just using it as a hint into who the host is.

Perhaps YOU (who may know what you're doing) won't make phone calls to the information listed. But giving that out as advice here is a really bad idea as it can potentially cause a torrent of calls/contacts to the wrong people when some dickhead server admin breaks the rules.

Seen all kind of weird ip report tools, but no officials one ?

Example , ripe, why ripe db search isn't listed ?

Hell ! It give you even the personal information associated at that ip, name surname telephone email, at least for servers located in europe i think.

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html

Ex. resolve www.dayzgame.com into ip -> 81.0.236.111

now let's make a ripe db search

inetnum:         81.0.236.96 - 81.0.236.127netname:         BohemiaInteractive-CZdescr:           BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE a.s.country:         CZadmin-c:         CASA3-RIPEtech-c:          CASA3-RIPEstatus:          ASSIGNED PAmnt-by:          CASABLANCA-RIPE-MNTsource:          RIPE # Filtered
role:            Casablanca INT RIPE manageraddress:         Casablanca INTaddress:         Vinohradska 184, Prague 3 - 130 52address:         Czech republicphone:           +420 270 000 270fax-no:          +420 270 000 277
Edited by KamiOfKOS

I have been reporting a lot of public servers for having a password or name violations, but I have come across one host which I cannot work out which company it is. The host name is OVH SAS.

I was able to work out that Choopa is Gameservers and Worldstream is Vilayer.

Any help would be awesome!

Ok I figured it out on my own, I found a good site www.iplocation.net which gives a lot more info than other similar sites.

Here is the updated list:

Fragnet.com = ColoCrossing | City Network | DediVPS Hosting AB | Adminor Aktiebolag
Multiplay = Peer 1 Dedicated Hosting |
GameServers = Choopa.net
Vilayer = B2 Net Solutions Inc. | DedicatedGaming | ZoneNewtwork | Worldstream | OVH SAS | Hetzner