Synnx

Bought the game after watching a few videos.

So I was watching FRANKIEonPCin1080P playing DayZ and I decided to buy the game because it looked really good and fun, ive being playing the game for 2 hours now and all I have found is a motorbike helmet a tin of tuna and a bottle of water and a few spades/wrenches, how can I find guns and other good stuff? this game seems really hard for me. I look absolutely everywhere and everywhere seems to be empty, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Look in areas where other people have not.

Try moving north after getting some food and water.

Everyone spawns where you probably spawns, and everyone scours the houses closest to them.

So to find loot go north. or continue picking the sloppy seconds of whatever is left on the shoreline.

• Like 3

First.. find a water source, fill the water source, find a melee weapon, a few tins of food, then leave the coast to military bases, big towns and airfields.

First.. find a water source, fill the water source, find a melee weapon, a few tins of food, then leave the coast to military bases, big towns and airfields.

But how do I know were they are? do I just go running through the forest till I find something?

First things first... once you have secured food and water, which it appears you have, head inland away from the coast. If the server you are on hasn't been restarted in a while it's pretty safe to say the coastal towns have been picked clean. So head away from the coast and look for jails, hospitals, grocery stores, military bases, and airports... those will all give you the best shot at finding a weapon.

You just have to stray from the paths of the roads into houses and towns and gas stations, then head North, find the minimal gear near the coast then run for dear life North. @Synnx

But how do I know were they are? do I just go running through the forest till I find something?

that's the old school way to do it, yes ! :D

For the easiest way, you can just have a look on google, you can find some maps of chernarus ;)

Edited by matiman

Got a few guns including a M4A1, then got stabbed to death by 2 people ):

So I was watching FRANKIEonPCin1080P playing DayZ and I decided to buy the game because it looked really good and fun, ive being playing the game for 2 hours now and all I have found is a motorbike helmet a tin of tuna and a bottle of water and a few spades/wrenches, how can I find guns and other good stuff? this game seems really hard for me. I look absolutely everywhere and everywhere seems to be empty, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

It's great that you got the game but I wouldn't dote too much on the videos of a well known DayZ hacker.

If you're looking for a walkthrough/tips/etc. I made a guide specifically for new players to the DayZ SA here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156472-survivors-guide-to-dayz-sa/

Frankie makes awesome videos and made DayZ very popular on youtube. Please stop the rumors... <_<

Edited by Synton

It's great that you got the game but I wouldn't dote too much on the videos of a well known DayZ hacker.

If you're looking for a walkthrough/tips/etc. I made a guide specifically for new players to the DayZ SA here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156472-survivors-guide-to-dayz-sa/

its funny coz he promoted this game and you diss him without any real evidence,

i don't say he doesnt hack but i haven't seen any proper evidence that would make me believe that he does

(by the way its not hacking, just scripting, or cheating, you have no idea what hacking is)

see you when you make money from playing games you want to play.

this is off topic but it just had to be said. bye.

its funny coz he promoted this game and you diss him without any real evidence,

i don't say he doesnt hack but i haven't seen any proper evidence that would make me believe that he does

(by the way its not hacking, just scripting, or cheating, you have no idea what hacking is)

see you when you make money from playing games you want to play.

this is off topic but it just had to be said. bye.

Golly gosh.  Thanks for explaining the difference between "scripts" and "hacks" to me, internet smart guy.

There are mountains of evidence against frankieonpc, not to mention a previously VAC-banned steam account in his name.

If you know anything about FrankieonPC you'll know his temperature icon in DayZ mod has a funny way of blinking real funny like, only when he's in combat...which is a dead give-away of using a God Hack.  Not only that but he's also been flat out caught post-editing a non-blinking temperature icon into some of his videos after being caught numerous times with the blinking temp/god hack indicator.  Why would he have to post edit a non-blinking temp icon into his video...if he wasn't hacking?

Another fun one is the video where he's standing in the middle of a church when it gets blown up, temp icon blinking as usual and suddenly it explodes...and everyone around him immediately dies, players next to him and even players farther away from the blast than him...yet oddly...he doesn't lose a single point of blood.  Funny right?

Those are just a couple examples.  There's literally too many to list here.

There's a reason he's not allowed on numerous DayZ mod servers.  It's not because of "haters."

I think you are playing the internet smart guy here dude. Frankies videos are very entertaining, and a lot of people bought DayZ SA because of him. I don't think he's a bad guy.

On topic: You will learn the map more everyday, after a few days you will know where you can get your guns.

EireBornFenix on youtube is the one who convinced me to get into the game with his youtube videos. Just seemed like he and the guys he plays with were having fun and made the game seem interesting. I havent a clue if he does anything hes not supposed to, but Ive seem him die in his videos, so Im guessing hes on the level.

• Like 1

Most of Frankies videos that I have seen are from the DayZ mod. Hopefully you didn't get the two confused lol. Standalone will have all those features, plus some, when it's done. But for now, your not going to find much more than you already have. As for guns and military grade loot, that is at the airstrips and the few military bases around the map. Still, most of that stuff hasn't been implemented either. Just keep getting to know the game until more stuff is introduced, if you get bored set it down for a bit. Too bad you didn't catch ARMA 2 during the Steam holiday sale, it was really cheap. Keep your eye on it.

Also, try out the maps on DayZDB.com and on iZurvive.com. Once you find a sign in the town your in, look for it on the map, and if you have a compass you should be fine. Otherwise just try to use landmarks and stuff like that. It's pretty easy to navigate the coastal area without a compass, but once you get inland you can get lost.

Edited by Vitalsine

all small town and village away from coast are great place for find virgin house nobody doing loot :thumbsup:  ;)

also is fun get lost see how long you survive try to find food drink from house and maybe compass, make challenge for yourself example 'find NEAF' ;)

I'm on the same boat at the OP, watched a few vids and got hooked. Watched how one person jacked another player for his items and let him go, both speaking on mic, ended without blood shed. Watched another incident with 2v1 gun battle. This game looks amazing!

Regards

Khan84

Edited by Khan84
  • Like 1

Got a few guns including a M4A1, then got stabbed to death by 2 people ):

Yup.. Welcome aboard ;)

Frankie played the dayz mod not stand alone in all of his videos that i know.... i know i watch all 36~ of them.... hershals farm was the last one i saw. There really isn't much to do in the standalone :C. I suppose since your new you can learn the map in the mean time.

Frankie has posted 1 standalone video that I am aware of. As prev mentioned EirebornFenix has one of the best YouTube series I have personally seen for Dayz S.A (and I've watched quite a few...)

You're doing fine. Don't expect to play anything like Frankie or Jack, they've played much more than you or I ever will.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus This is a map of Chern, try to get your bearings or find a town with a road sign and get your bearings, then begin to search the bigger cities/airfields/military bases for weapons, medical supplies and ammo.

Good Luck

Golly gosh.  Thanks for explaining the difference between "scripts" and "hacks" to me, internet smart guy.

There are mountains of evidence against frankieonpc, not to mention a previously VAC-banned steam account in his name.

If you know anything about FrankieonPC you'll know his temperature icon in DayZ mod has a funny way of blinking real funny like, only when he's in combat...which is a dead give-away of using a God Hack.  Not only that but he's also been flat out caught post-editing a non-blinking temperature icon into some of his videos after being caught numerous times with the blinking temp/god hack indicator.  Why would he have to post edit a non-blinking temp icon into his video...if he wasn't hacking?

Another fun one is the video where he's standing in the middle of a church when it gets blown up, temp icon blinking as usual and suddenly it explodes...and everyone around him immediately dies, players next to him and even players farther away from the blast than him...yet oddly...he doesn't lose a single point of blood.  Funny right?

Those are just a couple examples.  There's literally too many to list here.

There's a reason he's not allowed on numerous DayZ mod servers.  It's not because of "haters."

He's not the only one that didn't die in the church. Beyond that I don't know what to believe myself, but examples =/= proof. Haven't seen any proof.

He's not the only one that didn't die in the church. Beyond that I don't know what to believe myself, but examples =/= proof. Haven't seen any proof.

He didn't fall down and didn't get a SINGLE scratch.  Pretty much everyone else died, was in the process of dying or nearly dead.  Players that were further away from the explosion than he was died.  Players next to him died.

And that's just one example out of countless many.  And still no example for why his temp icon blinks whenever he's in combat or why he was flat out caught post-editing his temp icon with an overlay of a non-blinking icon in another video.  If he wasn't hacking (scripting) then why we would he have to do that?  So odd.  It's not hard to constantly kill everyone else (I mean...have like totally amazing FPS skills...like...Call of Duty skills) when you never lose a single health point.

He's also put DMCA takedown notices on other youtubers who have pointed out these glaring tells to try and hide the fact...oh...uh...I mean...protect his copyright.

In case you don't know he's been banned from too many DayZ mod servers to count.  Is it because everyone is just a hater?

cqLR2Y7.png

In case you're not familiar with the DayZ mod and the humanity system, it is not even remotely possible to get a hero skin after a complete server reset/fresh spawn in just 15 minutes much less the fully kitted AS50.

And that's just one of numerous server admins who have caught Frankie hacking.

Must all be one big conspiracy to make Frankie look bad right?  A conspiracy with a giant mountain of evidence, most of it supplied by Frankie himself.  Mmmmmhrmmmm.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly