Sign in to follow this  
voemoe

Will my Mac hande SA?

So before everyone starts flaming me for using a mac, it has it's benefits. But im wondering wether or not i will be able to rune the standalone game on this machine if i install windows on it via bootcamp.

My specs:

Intel Core i5 2,5Ghz, 3,2Ghz turbo, dual core

8GB ddr3 1333mhz RAM

120GB SSD

Intel HD 4000 Graphics card 1GB

If it would run, how much fps can i expect from the game?

Thanks

I think you should try it out.

Most of the users here use PC and i doubt you will get a satisfying answer to your question. You cant compare PC with mac, 

Worst outcome is that you helped develop DayZ with 25 bucks :)

I think you should try it out.

Most of the users here use PC and i doubt you will get a satisfying answer to your question. You cant compare PC with mac, 

Worst outcome is that you helped develop DayZ with 25 bucks :)

The thing is that im going to install Windows on the mac, thus kinda making it a PC. But specwise, how would a PC with those specs handle the game? Cause i remember playing the mod on my pc, running 30fps. And that was a shitty computer, AMD athlon II x2 3,4ghz, HD5770 and 4gigs of ram.

i play DayZ on an iMac 2010 via Bootcamp, works fine for me, but i cant play on 1440p

Edited by chris90

i play DayZ on an iMac 2010 via Bootcamp, works fine for me, but i cant play on 1440p

What version of the 2010 iMac?

If you could play the mod at 30fps on your system I believe you should be fine to play the standalone. It's worth a try. What you could also do is while in Windows run a 3d mark test or gaming performance tester and see how it measures up. Your specs look a little low but it could still be playable.

What version of the 2010 iMac?

the lowest mid 2010

i5 2,8 quadcore

ATI HD Radeon 5750

4GB RAM

I play on my Macbook Pro retina, and i have no problem running the game :) Just have a bug that i can't play fullscreen without the mouse not working.

My spec:

2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz

512GB PCIe-based flash storage

Intel Iris Pro Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
with 2GB GDDR5 memory

Edited by skou4

I used to play on a mac lol, then i looked at price to performance with PC's and was blown away by how over priced my iMac was, I quickly sold it online and joined the glorious PC master race :P. But macs look sexy in my opinion, ill give them that. OS X is OK, since it has Final Cut Pro X which i used for video edits, but im now a pc guy :P

The two graphic cards mentioned here are 4 times faster than the Intel HD 4000. Also this game is pretty CPU demanding, a dual core won't handle this game very well. I would expect something like 15-20 fps maybe.

Edited by sk1y

Both of you have way superior GPU's, HD4000 is integrated with the CPU, thus being bad for gaming. CPU heavy game having to deal with the GPU stuff and the it ain't that good to begin with, well it's not going to run well. 15-20fps out in the wildernes, with some serious tweaking can be achieved.

Edited by csharp

Okay thanks guys, thinking about selling the mac though. Building a new PC, getting tired of not being able to play any games.

Im using a Mac Mini with Bootcamp. Been playing the game for a week now without performance issues. Of course, I have an Intel HD 4000 1GB and yes, the graphics aren't the best. The game is totally playable if you configure the Video settings the right way. If you want the game to look beautiful and shinny, build a gaming PC. If you just want to have fun and enjoy gameplay with friends, no need to buy a new PC. Hope this helps.