Sign in to follow this  
Bakercompany86

I was killed on sight, then my next character reset.

It's been an interesting past 24 hours in DayZ for me.

Starting with last night.  I met up with my starving-to-death buddy just outside of the Power Plant.  After we got him all fixed up and I passed him his new shiny .357 Magnum I had been saving him, we started looting the nearby area.  We were both pretty well geared after I spared him some of my stuff to balance us out.  I had been alive for almost a week on this character.  She was pretty well stocked up, with a Scoped Mosin and a .45 and 3 mags plus plenty of extra ammo.

As we make our way through the city, we end up looting a grocery store followed by the nearby hospital.  During our hospital looting, I noticed a guy out of the corner of my eye.  At first I dismissed it as my friend in my peripheral vision.  That was a mistake, as when I turned a bit more towards him I noticed he was wearing a gas mask (my friend was not).  I raised my .45 just a bit too late, he ended me with his M4.

The great part of this portion of the story, is from my blackened "You are dead" screen, I hear the telltale *BOOM* twice, as my friends .357 Magnum echos through the night.  Being that this person killed me on sight and also had 3 pairs of handcuffs on him, we assumed that my buddy had just put down a bandit.  A very well geared one at that.  Naturally with my body and the bandits to loot, my buddy got away with optimal gear and supplies.

The next day (this morning) I loaded up my freshly shored character and began to work towards success again.  Within a very short timeframe thanks to some really lucky finds, I was relatively well geared within a couple hours.  In the power plant alone I found a .45, two magazines for it, a medkit, an assault vest, and some cargo pants.  Nearby I fleshed out my gear with a fire axe and a motorcycle helmet.  I moved through a couple more towns headed NW, finding a town that contained a military camp.  There I lucked into an M4 and 2 10 round mags, in addition to a mountain backpack and a canteen.  

I was feeling great.  I had waxed a guy earlier with the .45 for getting too close with a shovel (I did give him several verbal warnings).  This new character had come along quickly and I was ready to rejoin my friend later and carry on.

The next time I logged into the game this afternoon today, my character was reset...back on the shore with nothing but a flashlight.  Bummer right?  

But you know what?

I_17f62d_1270335.jpg

Why not?  Because I'm fully aware this is an alpha.  I'm also aware we're really here to test the game and find bugs to report to the devs.

Moral of this story?  Regardless of the reason you lost your character, be it the ladder bug, a kill on sight, or a restart, try not to get too mad.  We're really just testers, not even players right now.  

That and personally, this is the game I've been waiting a very long time for.  Practically my entire life I've wanted a game like DayZ SA.  I'm happy it's here even as an early access alpha.  And I'm certainly going to try my best to help the devs put a fine layer of polish on the game and help us all have an amazing experience down the road.

Edited by Bakercompany86
  • Like 12

try not to get too mad.  We're really just testers, not even players right now.

Take my beans

That last part. I've always imagined a game like DayZ. When i first discovered Wasteland and MineZ on minecraft i though my dream had come semi-true.

Boy, was i thinking to early..

On topic, yeah. I don't really care if my character is wiped becuase i suicide atleast every 4 days anyway. Being KoSed doesn't bother me unless i'm a fresh spawn or have virtaully nothing. 

Its pretending to be friendly that pisses me off.

BOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe try reading the entire thing before you make yourself look like a goof.

• Like 3

Maybe try reading the entire thing before you make yourself look like a goof.

Maybe the OP shouldn't post borderline trolling (and definitely attention whoring) threads which are almost as sickening as the actual complaint threads.

Yes. Its an alpha. Everybody fucking knows that. Complainers and fan boys alike. 

Maybe the OP shouldn't post borderline trolling (and definitely attention whoring) threads which are almost as sickening as the actual complaint threads.

Yes. Its an alpha. Everybody fucking knows that. Complainers and fan boys alike. 

He posted a well written thread about his game play experience....at no point did I feel he was "trolling", are we even reading the same post???

You sound like you had a bad day or a bad dayz even ...but why take it out on this poor guy?

He posted a well written thread about his game play experience....at no point did I feel he was "trolling", are we even reading the same post???

You sound like you had a bad day or a bad dayz even ...but why take it out on this poor guy?

Its a bait topic title that only reveals the posts true intentions 4 paragraphs in. Yes, definitely not a troll.

Its a bait topic title that only reveals the posts true intentions 4 paragraphs in. Yes, definitely not a troll.

Man if you call my post trolling, I'd hate to see what you say about actual trolls.

This post was meant to be uplifting and encouraging.  As well as sharing a pretty cool bandit slaying story.

• Like 1

as long as you don't move and log out instantly and rejoin a different server you can sometimes get your character back m8..

as long as you don't move and log out instantly and rejoin a different server you can sometimes get your character back m8..

There was hours in between each logout.  Doubtful my character would have been restored.  When I died and respawned the night before, I logged out for the evening.  Spent hours building the new character up, logged out to do some mudding/sanding/painting in one of our rooms.  That was at least 4-5 hours before logging back in.  And when I did, my character was reset.