Sign in to follow this  
XLuckyZeroX

My First Murder ( DayZ Standalone Experience )

WARNING : It's a bit long , you've been warned . 

So I'm gonna tell my first murder in DayZ . I've always wanted to have this game , I've been stalking this forum for , like two years or so .

I wanted to buy DayZ , but I didn't wanted to buy the game again , so I decided to wait for the Standalone . Now that the game came as a Standalone , I bought it , and I've been playing for some time . I'm playing as a Lone Wolf , because my friends don't want to buy the game yet ( They've played DayZMod and didn't like it much , because of the bugs , so they want to wait for Beta or so ) .

I'm a friendly character , and that means that I have to hide from almost everybody . I always crouch , and never stand up , not even in houses , and I've met a lot of people who didn't see me , but I '' spared '' them . So , after some deaths , because of being a bambi , I had learnt how to survive .

Spent two days on Elektro with a crowbar ( Yes , I'm a mad weirdo ) , till I was geared enough to go north . So , let's go to the main topic, my first kill .

I had found my first Magnum , and I was on Berezino . I had 8 bullets for the Magnum . I was looting a building , when I heard a voice yelling '' FRIENDLY '' . I looked at the window , and saw a guy wearing an orange raincoat . He had a Mosin Nagant . I talked with him , but he seemed a bit suspicious , and his friend gave me the creeps , he was always trying to get on my side/ back , so I told them '' Anyway , guys , I'm leaving . Maybe I'll see you later . ''

Some time later , I was looting Berezino's Office Complex , and saw a dude looting a dead man's corpse . He took a Mosin Nagant from the dead man , after that , he took his Orange Raincoat .

I wasn't sure about this guy , but after seeing him do that , I realised he was the Friendly pal's '' Partner '' and in fact , he had killed him , and stolen his gear . I didn't want to waste bullets , so I tried to axe him from behind , but I couldn't for some reason . He ran away , but I took my Magnum and followed him .

I saw him , and shot 4 rounds on him . He went prone , and I wasn't sure if he was dead or not , so I shot another 2 rounds on him . Reloaded my gun , and went to see him . He was dead , and his corpse was bleeding , I took the Mosin . Everything else was completely ruined . Then I tought '' Maybe he was the dead guy's IRL friend , and his partner died of something else , and told him to take his stuff '' .  

So I checked the dead man's body . His equipment was ruined , and a Splitting Axe was laying next to him . My victim probably axed him to death , to take his Mosin and his gear . So , my victim wasn't an innocent man . I went to his corpse , and told him :

'' You're a horrible person , betraying someone to get his stuff '' '' You got what you deserved '' . I hid his body , and ran away from the area .   

So that's the story of my first murder . I've survived for 5 days now . I'm looking forward to meet more friendlies , and leave your comments if you want . I'm interested in hearing other people's murder stories , specially their first murder . Post them here if you want .

TLDR : Met two friendly guys , left them alone . One of them betrayed the other to take his stuff , found him , killed him , I ran away .

Edited by XLuckyZeroX
  • Like 3

Hah that was an adventure.

I've seen one too many betrayals to be trusting of anyone yet. I usually run lone wolf as well.

I agree 100% with the couching. Probably best advice for bambis who found some stuff they don't want to lose.

I actually just murdered some poor fellow out in Balota airbase. He was looting the bunk beds to the west of the field. I snuck up from behind and axed him to death. I felt a little bad but then I seen his loot and felt all better. Also ran into another guy who managed to murder two guy both equiped with m4s, single handidly with an axe. He saw me from a distant and ran into the control tower building. I got to keep the loot from the two corpses. He managed to get away though.

Well good luck with your survival. Keep a lookout for snipers. Just got one-shotted out near elektro after 5 or 6 days of survival.

Edited by Foulplay

My first kill wasn't all the way until the airfield near Krasnostav ( I was on a Medium - Low Population Server) it was my first day playing and all I had at the time was a Mosin a motorcycle helmet ( I think ) and a Magnum with around 20 rounds for it. I was on an Air Field so I wasn't going to risk revealing my position when I went after the guy but it was slightly heart racing even though I had the jump on him. 

I was heading to the Military Prison after already checking out the ATC ( The ATC is where I found my magnum and ammo for it thankfully :] ) And as i reared the corner I saw someone enter the first room on the right. The first cell through the window. I equipped my magnum ran inside and without saying a word put 3 shots ( Just to make sure he was dead ) Into his back as he was looting a Defibrillator.

I had been killed prior to this by two guys who said they would be friendly both with their Splitting Axes out ( I shouldn't have trusted them but I had a crowbar so what was I going to do? At best make them bleed and cause a bit of discomfort. ) so I wasn't going to take any chances. And I know that this isn't much compared to a lot of your kills but it was my first kill and I doubt he would've spared me if I gave him the option to fight back so. 

My first was in Orlovets.

I had been playing as a friendly, and had met another player on my way up from the south. We were working towards Berezino, and had stopped to fill our canteens and search for food.

We decided to split up (no use in looting the same buildings) and I went to some buildings on the outskirts of the village. I was just walking back into the centre when I heard my friend yell "FRIENDLY! I'M FRIENDLY MAN!" on direct comms, and then go quiet. We were both armed (I had an M4 and he had a pistol). I knew that if he had been killed, whoever had done so would now have a firearm. I moved house to house, as quietly as I could, in search of either my friends body or his assailant. Suddenly, a player I did not recognize broke from cover, and started sprinting between buildings; I crouched, brought up my weapon and fired off three rounds. Blood was trailing from his character as he rounded the corner of the next house and disappeared from view. I set off in pursuit, reaching the adjacent building quickly, but with no idea of his whereabouts. That's when I heard a crack as a bullet flew by me. The unknown player had flanked around me, but missed his first shot. I spun around, left mouse firmly down as I did so, and emptied my clip into him. He fell to the ground, I reloaded and fired a few more shots into his head to make sure. I ran into the building he had initially appeared from and found my friends body. I got out my defibrillators, took the battery from my friends torch, turned them on and attempted to use them.

"You cannot use defibrillators on a dead person"

I returned to the body of the murderer, recovered the pistol and a few cans of food, hid my friends body, and then disappeared into the treeline.

Far and away my most intense gaming experience. Why I play the game.

• Like 1

My first was in Orlovets.

I had been playing as a friendly, and had met another player on my way up from the south. We were working towards Berezino, and had stopped to fill our canteens and search for food.

We decided to split up (no use in looting the same buildings) and I went to some buildings on the outskirts of the village. I was just walking back into the centre when I heard my friend yell "FRIENDLY! I'M FRIENDLY MAN!" on direct comms, and then go quiet. We were both armed (I had an M4 and he had a pistol). I knew that if he had been killed, whoever had done so would now have a firearm. I moved house to house, as quietly as I could, in search of either my friends body or his assailant. Suddenly, a player I did not recognize broke from cover, and started sprinting between buildings; I crouched, brought up my weapon and fired off three rounds. Blood was trailing from his character as he rounded the corner of the next house and disappeared from view. I set off in pursuit, reaching the adjacent building quickly, but with no idea of his whereabouts. That's when I heard a crack as a bullet flew by me. The unknown player had flanked around me, but missed his first shot. I spun around, left mouse firmly down as I did so, and emptied my clip into him. He fell to the ground, I reloaded and fired a few more shots into his head to make sure. I ran into the building he had initially appeared from and found my friends body. I got out my defibrillators, took the battery from my friends torch, turned them on and attempted to use them.

"You cannot use defibrillators on a dead person"

I returned to the body of the murderer, recovered the pistol and a few cans of food, hid my friends body, and then disappeared into the treeline.

Far and away my most intense gaming experience. Why I play the game.

Hahaha , that was interesting . Haven't found an use for the defirbrillator yet . I think it's supposed to wake up '' Uncounscious '' people , but you also have Epinephrine for that . 

I haven't even had to fire my weapon yet at a human, as I usually keep hidden. After a few days of playing with one's head low and far away from populations you tend to gear up pretty quickly, so engaging someone to take their gear isn't something I do. Also, I try to play the game as I would IRL. I too am up in Berezino and wouldn't mind getting together at some point.  I do like to play on first person servers though, but would be happy to play where ever you want to. I play with several other people but our schedules have been so sporadic that we are scattered across the map. I would have done the same exact thing you did.

Hit me up if you want to play at some point, I live in central USA,

Edited by Lorax

Hahaha , that was interesting . Haven't found an use for the defirbrillator yet . I think it's supposed to wake up '' Uncounscious '' people , but you also have Epinephrine for that . 

I was just thinking, maybe they can't have already respawned for you to use the defibrillator.

I've only killed 2 people, and they both attacked me first.

The first one I talked to for a while on the road. I had my pistol out, but pointed down. He randomly pulled out his shovel, shouted: " I WANT YOUR STUFF" and hit me in the face. I stepped back and put 8 bullets in his chest.

The second time, i was looting the NEAF and a guy with a splitting axe snuck up behind me and started swinging. I turned around and put around 4 bullets in his chest, but this time with an M4A1. I guess i was lucky he had no ammo for his pistol.

I don't trust anyone anymore, I've let myself get off guard once or twice and paid the penalty. If you tell someone unarmed you're friendly whilst pointing an m4 at them, generally they should take it as a sign you're telling the truth when you let them live. But no, they take it upon themselves to wait until you're off guard and axe you in the head so they can take your stuff.

I'm starting to think there are a lot of selfish kiddies playing dayZ, or they just don't give a rats ass because it's alpha?

If you know where to look, you can have some decent gear within an hour or 2 so as it's alpha I'm not too fussed with losing a few backpacks and guns, especially with the constant wipes that have been happening this week.

I don't trust anyone anymore, I've let myself get off guard once or twice and paid the penalty. If you tell someone unarmed you're friendly whilst pointing an m4 at them, generally they should take it as a sign you're telling the truth when you let them live. But no, they take it upon themselves to wait until you're off guard and axe you in the head so they can take your stuff.

I'm starting to think there are a lot of selfish kiddies playing dayZ, or they just don't give a rats ass because it's alpha?

If you know where to look, you can have some decent gear within an hour or 2 so as it's alpha I'm not too fussed with losing a few backpacks and guns, especially with the constant wipes that have been happening this week.

I encourage you to keep playing friendly , and avoid KOS . Being stealthy helps a lot , to avoid these situations . Since I don't want to KOS , I try to act like an Infiltrator : I always hide from the people , and when I see a potentially friendly person , I stalk them for some time , but never enter buildings . I wait for them to go out of the buildings . By how they move , and how they act , I can check how their general personality is . 

If they have a firearm , I usually get away from the zone , without them seeing me . If they have a melee weapon , or if they're unarmed , I usually talk with them ( If I have a firearm ) , and if I team up with them , I tell them to give me their Steam name , and to always walk in front of me . If they need to bandage , I drop bandages in front of them . 

If they act weird , I just run away , while looking at them . But don't start to KOS . Don't become another Bandit / Overly Paranoid Dude / COD Kiddie . I suggest to avoid teaming up with anyone in game , unless they aren't suspicious . Try to meet people at the forums .  

PD : Avoid groups . If they already have friends , then they don't need you that much , unless they're a small group . In big groups , there's always the '' Rotten Apple '' : The guy who will shoot you when the others want to leave you alone .

Edited by XLuckyZeroX

I logged on after a tentative attempt some hours before. The server was about medium population so I felt I would safe. I ran to what appeared to be an abandoned airfield when I spotted 5 guys using the PTT chat. Americans, "Okay" I thought "These guys seem okay, let me run by them and check out the tower nearby." I entered, ran up and looted a large back pack, a hand gun and ammo and a helmet.

THEY HAD FOLLOWED ME!

I turned and quickly yelled "Friendly!"

The first man struck me, I fell unconscious....then I died. I had been murdered.

A day later I had a bat and was running through town when a guy approached. "Friendly," he called. I told him to hold position, he didn't, I had no choice. I was no bambi after the previous day of getting murdered over and over.

As he came close I charged him and cracked him across the forehead. He cried "WHY?!" I struck again. He fell, unconscious, I struck again. I knew, by now, he was dead. I tore his shirt into rags and left.

Since then I have killed anyone who appears sinister.

I'm no bambi...

Edited by The Third Man