Sign in to follow this  
thebalfrog

My problems with the new patch (Spawns), suggestions for the next

Would just like to start by saying I enjoy the game and have many well enjoyed hours, but the new patch has made me lose some of my love. These are my suggestions to the development team;

Instead of removing west spawns why not just make the loot in balota less frequent and make something in the north worth looking for. As of the moment there's nothing attracting anyone there, you can go to the north airfields but having an engaging time there is rare as you have to frequently server hop to get geared and this isn't how anyone wants to play. If any of your friends die or even start the game there is no possible way of getting from say NWAF to solnichniy without dying (in game or real life of boredom), and without being reset in the hour getting down again!(If you couldn't tell i've been subject to the resets on numerous occasions, but atleast I can lose a revolver in the reset this patch yay!).

My next complaint is the fact the development team spent time removing spawns, adding revolvers and speed loaders for it, when character resets are still rampant, I've still seen players vanish on dc after death, zombies are still clipping through gates/doors and even floors. Anyone who played today can also state how bad rubber banding was, I personally rubber banded from the krutoy cap to the three valleys cabin today which lead me to writing this post.

I understand the annoyance of everyone only going to balota, but why is the solution making it harder to get there, why not make balota less attractive or other airfields more attractive, spawning in three valleys cabin for example, there is nothing there, I've found maybe 5% of the time some things that are useful in the surrounding areas yet people are wondering why you see 10-12 dead bodies on spawn. Any survival game where purposefully killing yourself is an aim has done something wrong.

What id honestly like to see in the near future from the game,

More useful loot in remote areas, I don't mean 60round c mags in a tree house, I mean food, I mean the actual ability to survive without having to play running simulator from town to town and server hopping (a fix to this would be fishing/foraging in forests/ponds, I know these are stated plans for the game, but why not implement them before forcing people to need them in the east)

A less useful balota, spawn rates down on everything, removing 60 rnd c mags and making them NWAF only (maybe even 40's aswell)

A spawn system similar to the mod, an ability to choose near enough where to spawn, having a group of 5+ people and all meeting up without being kosed is a lot more infuriating then it needs to be.

If choosing spawns isn't an option then a suicide choice, I remember in early interviews and it was said it would be an option, but as things are as they are at the moment, too many towns (kamyshovo for example) are flooded with bambi's aswell as geared players killing bambis, there is nothing there and usually no zombies in sight. Not wanting to server hop or play running simulator with the hard mode of rubber banding isn't an unreasonable request. Also the invincible to fall damage glitch which I and others suffered from today meant you couldn't suicide that way.

Pre patch people were having fun and bugs were identified as mentioned earlier. Yet not actually fixing them and making changes to spawn system seems to be a bad move for the game.

I bought the game knowing it was an alpha, I see a problem (which a lot of others have noted) and am listing suggestions, so if you're going to comment "hurr durr people leave balota and see the map" then just leave.

Edited by Balfrog

Whoa there, fella.  There's a lot in the north worth looking for.  In fact, Balota is a pretty horrible place to get gear/supplies.

"server hopping is still 'needed' to honestly survive"

Really?  Really?  How do you figure.  I've been playing on the same server for a while now, without hopping, and have a ridiculous kit.  I haven't had to hop for anything, and I haven't had any rubberbanding problems or resets.

Food is really plentiful when you leave spawn.

Finally, hurr durr, people.  Leave Balota and explore the map.

• Like 7

I have yet to figure out the logic in reverting spawns? It's great that the spawns were changed, people get to see the map more.

With your logic, I should spawn at Vybor, seeing as I want to get to NWAF quickly.

The point is to have military gear a journey to get to, not spawning and IMMEDIATELY within 5-10 minutes be armed to the teeth.

And as for the "needed serving hopping", I'll have to go with derpdiggler on this one. Server hopping is DEFINITELY not needed to find loot. I died and joined a 40/40 server, I ran to towns above the cherno/ electro line and was greeted to incredible amounts of food, gear, etc.

I think they should just remove the 60mags all together, youll never have to reload in a gun fight rofl

I ran to towns above the cherno/ electro line and was greeted to incredible amounts of food, gear, etc.

You didn't get scared when you couldn't hear the ocean anymore?  The next thing you're going to say is that there is better quality loot in the north.  For those that don't know, there is definitely better loot up north.  I know Advent1 is aware of this, but I'm just sharing.

***EDIT***

I think they should just remove the 60mags all together, youll never have to reload in a gun fight rofl

I've gotten to the point where I empty the ammo into an ammo box and leave the mags in the woods.

Edited by derpdiggler

I have yet to figure out the logic in reverting spawns? It's great that the spawns were changed, people get to see the map more.

With your logic, I should spawn at Vybor, seeing as I want to get to NWAF quickly.

The point is to have military gear a journey to get to, not spawning and IMMEDIATELY within 5-10 minutes be armed to the teeth.

And as for the "needed serving hopping", I'll have to go with derpdiggler on this one. Server hopping is DEFINITELY not needed to find loot. I died and joined a 40/40 server, I ran to towns above the cherno/ electro line and was greeted to incredible amounts of food, gear, etc.

i dont get why people like you say they get to see the map more...wtf is more to see? its the same buildings in every town

• Like 1

i dont get why people like you say they get to see the map more...wtf is more to see? its the same buildings in every town

It seems you are only playing for the PvP aspect of the game if you aren't exploring and searching around. Then you seem to get upset when things get a bit more difficult to attain.

Have you been to a castle yet?

Have you been to a castle yet?

the castle at rog? or devils castle. they are both useless.

@advent1 - yes i am in it for the pvp. what am i going to do loot up and hide from zombies? hide in a building and have zombies come in after me? rofl sounds like a blast.....................NOT

wtf is there to explore and search around for? clearly a newfag to dayz

Edited by Crakka

Like beating a dead horse with this separate thread. *sigh*

And it seems some of you really haven't a clue to what you bought into, haven't done your homework about the game and think it is what it's not. Have fun with that because it's only going to get worse for you.

Then just march to Balota and get wrecked over and over for no reason instead of playing a game within the genre you're actually looking for.

The spawn system is fine, seriously.  As mentioned, Balota is the LAST place you should try to get gear from.  It's a murder pit.  Go north.  There is plenty of loot up there.

Seriously folks.  Unless your problem with the game involves a bug, it's not really that important now.  Focus on finding bugs and reporting them.  This is an early access alpha and the harder we work now to find all the bugs, they happier we'll be a year from now.

I'm confused as to why people are complaining about their random spawns in a hardcore survival game anyway.

• Like 1

the castle at rog? or devils castle. they are both useless.

@advent1 - yes i am in it for the pvp. what am i going to do loot up and hide from zombies? hide in a building and have zombies come in after me? rofl sounds like a blast.....................NOT

wtf is there to explore and search around for? clearly a newfag to dayz

Dammit, I guess my countless play time on the mod before it ever got it's popularity was all for naught :(

Dammit, I guess my countless play time on the mod before it ever got it's popularity was all for naught :(

Well sir, I 'm not sure you're aware but... This is NOT the Mod and the SA will be a big disappointment to you, I'm afraid to say. As it seems it already is.

. If any of your friends die or even start the game there is no possible way of getting from say NWAF to solnichniy without dying (in game or real life of boredom),

This is because you suck at Day Z. The NWAF isn't far. RUN. Get some food and water, then RUN. It takes like 10 to 15 min of running tops. If you really can't even make it to the airfield you just really blow or you aren't patient. Go play Call of Duty please. 

Also understand the game is in ALPHA. Much of the loot/ features aren't even implemented yet. 

I love DayZ, best running game I've ever played, plus the sight seeing make it even better. B)

I agree with this thread.

Although I have to say I wouldn't mind the spawns if the game-breaking bugs were actually sorted out quicker. Majority of us play for PVP (cause who actually bought DayZ for PvE) so when you have been forced to go all the to the NWAF (due to the spawns) to go get military gear and then head back down south to the high profile spots we don't fancy being rubber banded back a good 3 towns or even reset. The priority of the development team confuses me, we added speedloaders (which don't spawn) instead of fixing resets!

If you really didn't want people to go Balota so much then nerf the gear found there or even balance the gear found in the east coast/remote locations.

so when you have been forced to go all the to the NWAF (due to the spawns) to go get military gear and then head back down south

If everyone is forced to go to the NWAF, then why are you heading down south to Balota?

If everyone is forced to go to the NWAF, then why are you heading down south to Balota?

so when you have been forced to go all the to the NWAF (due to the spawns) to go get military gear and then head back down south to the high profile spots

I highlighted the part you were meant to read xoxo

Again, if everyone is forced to go to NWAF, then why would Balota be a high profile spot?  Balota is a noobtrap.

Again, if everyone is forced to go to NWAF, then why would Balota be a high profile spot?  Balota is a noobtrap.

Why wouldn't it be? You can get military supplies there, and due to server hoppers it constantly has people there and also it is close to a huge town. Note how I didn't state Balota specifically, I said the south.