phillcardy

Stary Sobor

Just would like to say thank you rocket and your team for taking out the military compound in stary sobor i have just spent the last 3 hours trying to find it thanks to a broken compass and when i get there none of the loot i was expecting once again thank you

Just would like to say thank you rocket and your team for taking out the military compound in stary sobor i have just spent the last 3 hours trying to find it thanks to a broken compass and when i get there none of the loot i was expecting once again thank you

Well there is another military base close to kabanino and vybor

Map has changed since the mod!? unheard of!

He means the tents the military tents from the mod that were in stary.

There are plenty of military compounds to find, my personal favorite is the one a top the mountains surrounded by woods with a water source, Bashnya

Great post guy

Compare the standalone to default Arma 2 Chernarus; I didn't notice until I had seen a comparison photo, but the map/towns are completely different; there's much more buildings, much more cover and much more trees.

It's beautiful

• Like 1

At least you survived for 3 hours and made it to stary sobor, unlike a lot of the poor survivors being massacred on the shores of Chernarus.

The map has so many new areas you'd be surprised what you may or may not find.

At least you survived for 3 hours and made it to stary sobor, unlike a lot of the poor survivors being massacred on the shores of Chernarus.

The map has so many new areas you'd be surprised what you may or may not find.

Longest time alive: 1 week, then I was killed due to a bug, then I was character wiped after my next gear up. If the bugs didn't get me then I'd have been alive for 2 weeks :P

It's no fun though, never get attached to gear because the game is boring once you have it all.

Yes it is better for it what I was getting at was the fact I was running round in circles for 3 hours due to the broken compass then when I finally get there it was all for nothing and thought id share my discovery with the community

I haven't been to Stary in the standalone yet but they removed the military tents?  Drats.  Still a nice town I'd wager, but I did enjoy those tents.  Mostly because it was a great place for a firefight.

@OP:  If you're getting lost without a compass keep in mind you can still use the sun during the day, the North Star at night, or if it's cloudy just keep in mind that all the clouds always move East.  Might help if you can't get your hands on a working compass.

Yeah I did end up using the sun to get to the military base just west of stary and it had 3 barracks buildings and a main building with decent military loot got a couple of pistols and some ammo just need to find me a mag so I can load it lol

That's what happens when you don't do your homework...

I like change on map ^_^

dynamic of map now is total new things

in slow way I find new system for move around find what I need avoid player ;)

when I have everything what I need I know where to go for ambush player :thumbsup: :ph34r:

every time I playing I see something new first time surprise make me doing smile :)

Stary is much better now, a quaint little joint to rest and take some time out.

• Like 1