Abi (DayZ)

Base building

So guys, if I remember correctly, there will be basebuilding in the game. Now, do anyone have any idea how it will work and when it will be implemented? Will it be like in the game called Rust where you place down wooden boards and doors, or is it more like automatic build stuff?

seriously ...i dont have time to build a base ..i have a character to feed  

• Like 4

This is temporary, wait until zombies are increased.

As for the base building, I believe they are looking in to a barricading system.   This means you will not be building a base from scratch, but will be finding the necessary ingredients to lock and board up an existing building.  Build a stash/safe whatever, and lock that up too... There is still a lot of deabte over the most effective way to do this, but I know you wont be building from the ground up a la "Rust Style".

• Like 1

We in the 81st are running around with like 15 guys. We have more than enough people to gather recourses and shit, while some people build a base. 

I thought in the MOD there was a way to make a base following a blueprint. Wasn't there?

in the mod you can build a lot of things even bases if you so choose form the floor up. Was pretty hard as anything that wasn't wood(able to be shot through) was relatively heavy and had to be scavenged

You could build a base in Epoch, not vanilla; as for the SA, I think I remember hearing rocket saying it would be like The Dead Linger, where you could board up things, just as the guy up there said.

ive herd different things about base building for the standalone, the first was you would be able to build onto and lock up existing buildings ect using crafting materials.

I personally think this would be great BUT does this mean players could board up a barrack and farm the crap out of it .. ? ( not so fair or fun for other players )

secondly .. Epoch. i like how the crafting system works on the Epoch mod, BUT would it be stressfull on the server if it had to keep and load everyones half built bases..?

the last thing is i herd somwhere is that base building was going to be underground... but who knows

as far as i am concerned Dean & the dev team can do what ever they like and take how ever long they want,

The alpha is brilliant and yes thier are going to be teathing problems its a "ALPHA", But it can only keep getting better with every patch they bring out.

be patient and supportive.

We in the 81st are running around with like 15 guys. We have more than enough people to gather recourses and shit, while some people build a base.

That sounds badass for starters, basebuilding will be implemented much further down the road, they can't add giant features like basebuilding until the other things they already have in the game are bug free. I believe they are currently working on animals for the next big update.

ive herd different things about base building for the standalone, the first was you would be able to build onto and lock up existing buildings ect using crafting materials.

I personally think this would be great BUT does this mean players could board up a barrack and farm the crap out of it .. ? ( not so fair or fun for other players )

secondly .. Epoch. i like how the crafting system works on the Epoch mod, BUT would it be stressfull on the server if it had to keep and load everyones half built bases..?

the last thing is i herd somwhere is that base building was going to be underground... but who knows

as far as i am concerned Dean & the dev team can do what ever they like and take how ever long they want,

The alpha is brilliant and yes thier are going to be teathing problems its a "ALPHA", But it can only keep getting better with every patch they bring out.

be patient and supportive.

Now that you mention it i do remember (i think) rocket saying hes going to add "bunkers"

Is Fuzzy in the 81st ?

I would be happy with just tents and vehicles to store gear and move around, before they work on base building.

Buildings/Bases should NOT be lockable.

That would take of the charme of dayz.

So guys, if I remember correctly, there will be basebuilding in the game. Now, do anyone have any idea how it will work and when it will be implemented? Will it be like in the game called Rust where you place down wooden boards and doors, or is it more like automatic build stuff?

tents. hidden in the mountains, nice little campfire next to it thats it

• Like 1

There's a line that needs to be drawn but its up to the devs where they draw it. Personally I don't want to see free form bases in this game. Boarding up and fortifying houses would be much cooler. They would have to able to be broken into with the right tools but defending your shit is part of what made the mod fun. At this point, they have enough guns to last until the full release. So many other real features need to be added first. More zombies to start.

Start with camps that way, we can have a system that has been tried and tested before we get into underground shit.

Add marquee style tents that we can use to be out of the wind & rain.

Add permanent campfires great for cooking.

Add small hard to come by loot storage containers.

Add cooking stuff that can be used over campfire.

Add crafting tables to modify gear (shotgun -> sawed off shotgun)

Once that sort of stuff is done, add fences, barbed wire & wooden that properly grabs the terrain just underneath it, including building roofs and such.

Add gates (some sort of locking system), sand bags and basic wooden buildings.

Add more complex wooden buildings, often requiring a cocktail of resources.

Add stairs (best way to keep people from ghosting into your base, put it somewhere you can only get to on your server).

Add larger loot storage options including spider hole type things requiring a shovel and wood and water proofing material.

Add safes that are incredibly rare and hard to shift but require keys/ combinations.

Add electricity, lighting and gas powered generators, fridges to preserve perishables, alarms.

Anything further than that might be really dependant on what the community is doing.

(I can see bases on top of the giant metal warehouse by Stary Sobor, bases on top of supermarkets, bases all overt everything and everyplace)

They should be more or less permanent so a system of seeing where it is going to be (EXACTLY) is pretty important.

Things should be craftable from a gaint pile of loot considering how much crap some of the stuff should require.

Start with camps that way, we can have a system that has been tried and tested before we get into underground shit.

Add marquee style tents that we can use to be out of the wind & rain.

Add permanent campfires great for cooking.

Add small hard to come by loot storage containers.

Add cooking stuff that can be used over campfire.

Add crafting tables to modify gear (shotgun -> sawed off shotgun)

Once that sort of stuff is done, add fences, barbed wire & wooden that properly grabs the terrain just underneath it, including building roofs and such.

Add gates (some sort of locking system), sand bags and basic wooden buildings.

Add more complex wooden buildings, often requiring a cocktail of resources.

Add stairs (best way to keep people from ghosting into your base, put it somewhere you can only get to on your server).

Add larger loot storage options including spider hole type things requiring a shovel and wood and water proofing material.

Add safes that are incredibly rare and hard to shift but require keys/ combinations.

Add electricity, lighting and gas powered generators, fridges to preserve perishables, alarms.

Anything further than that might be really dependant on what the community is doing.

(I can see bases on top of the giant metal warehouse by Stary Sobor, bases on top of supermarkets, bases all overt everything and everyplace)

They should be more or less permanent so a system of seeing where it is going to be (EXACTLY) is pretty important.

Things should be craftable from a gaint pile of loot considering how much crap some of the stuff should require.

that went crazy in the sub mods for dayz. people will build their shit everywhere.

no.

I thought in the MOD there was a way to make a base following a blueprint. Wasn't there?

Maybe in 'a mod' of 'The Mod'

that went crazy in the sub mods for dayz. people will build their shit everywhere.

no.

Do you not want base building?

Do you mean camps?

The problem with sub mods was nothing was rare enough, I'm talking a couple of planks = as rare as a tent.

A marquee = five times rarer than 'The Mod' tents.

I'm all about building shit, you people are all about, lets make these places where we hide shit people can just teleport into.

I hate hiding shit and I hate people teleporting into bases.

This is pretty much a solution to both.

yea. Origins and Epoch had base building. 

After a few days of a full server, every possible area was blocked off with walls.

You couldnt go anywhere anymore

Tents and caches are enough.

Edited by =GS=Quobble

Is Fuzzy in the 81st ?

Maybe? There is so many players that I really dunno,

But the base building doesn't have to be too complicated. It could be like a few tents in the woods surrounded by sandbags. I would be thankfull for that too. 

Prepare for another epoch game. 100,000 Armored vehicles and bases everywhere.Seriously if they introduce this i will quit so fast

Edited by flygamer1

yea. Origins and Epoch had base building. 

After a few days of a full server, every possible area was blocked off with walls.

You couldnt go anywhere anymore

Tents and caches are enough.

What sort of tents do you mean? Enterable tents/ just damn loot storing tents.

I am trying to propose a system that takes away the hoarding mentality, by not providing players with so many things to permanently store loot.

What this will in end do, is make a camp a place you may regularly stop and cook/ warm up/ modify gear without worrying about it packing up and leaving by tomorrow.

The thing about dayZ mod camps is that they fed the already item hungry players, now instead of going out and loosing everything.

They could go out, loose everything and have everything back with a short trip to his base without concern of running back into the bandit that killed him.

They need loot storage extremely hard to come by, and things that are pretty much impossible to shift so that players aren't constantly paranoid.

I would personally have, a small camp centred around a campfire.

With a small white marquee with a nice looking chair as well as a toolbench and ammo loading table inside.

I would sit by the fire cooking a meal, hungry survivors may approach and ask for a taste of my lovely boar on a spit.

I tell them yes, if you stay for a story and a warm drink aswell.

I chuck the pot on the spit, pour some of my canteen water and cover the pot to boil for two hot drinks.

I produce two mugs and I ask him where he has come from, he tells me he came from far on the east coast travelling through he big cities before finally heading north past Zelengorsk way before going bush and stumbling upon my camp.

The pot begins steaming and I produce a couple of stale looking teabags.

I got bored... And so on and so on...

• Like 1