peters (DayZ)

Help - Stuck at "Loading" screen

I'm trying to play for the first time since an hour, and everytimes I try to join a game, I got a "Loading screen" or a game/server version error message... I installed all, beta, dayz, BattleEye, with latest versions... and it doesn't work :/

I have this happen on my main account whenever I try to login, and whenever I use my alternate CD key i'm able to get in instantly, so it's obviously some corrupted player data or something

Plus: when I have the message about version error, I click on respawn and I get in "You are dead" screen, and I have to exit the game....

Is it possible to erase the player datas ?

Plus: when I have the message about version error' date=' I click on respawn and I get in "You are dead" screen, and I have to exit the game....

Is it possible to erase the player datas ?

[/quote']

It's on the database end, submit a ticket and hope they reset your account

I experience the exact same problems but only when my ping exceeds around 150' date=' when it's lower I can connect fine to the vast majority of servers. Yet when it hits over that, in come the infinite load screens and bad server versions.

[/quote']

might this be a port forwarding problem?

:huh:

It seems as though its a server thing ! I managed to gain access to a server tonight wandered around a bit found an Mp5 then logged out !

couldnt join a server since !

Same thing today. Had BSOD during a fight. And now when I'm trying to connect to server it stuck on "loading" after "waiting for character to create".

Had this problem for three days, have tried everything (beta patches, reinstalls, etc.) and still have been unable to get past the loading screen. Could we see a dev/support post? Seems to be a pretty common problem that's going un-addressed.

EDIT: Nevermind. Was able to get on just a moment ago. Will upload what I did if I'm able to get on again.

EDIT 2: FIXED. Here's what I did.

1. Get Arma II Beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. Open zip file and run the .exe to install the new patch.

3. Browse to /Program Files(x87)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ and RENAME the existing arma2oa.exe.

4. Go to the /arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta and copy the arma2oa.exe, then paste it into your /arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.

5. Launch steam, and click properties under Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. Choose Set Launch Options, and enter this: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

6. Run Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from steam once, and then use 6 launcher.

And that's it. I was able to get it to work using those. If this doesn't work, try clearing the caches for Arma II and Arma II: OA.

Best of luch guys!

Well i found he problem. its to do with BattleEye. I had the same problem till i did a little research. The problem lies that Battleeye when installed isnt done properly. You get stuck at loading screen because BattleEye doesnt initiate. This problem can be solved in Several steps. With these steps i helped 2 other friends get rid of the stuck at loading problem.

These steps must ONLY be done after youve installed the 2 games and started game up to the menu.

For steam users ( not sure about the rest) its possible that Arma 2 Op arrowpoint doesnt allow you to start the game due to an error. just skip it then. If u have the option to start Arma2: Combined op. Start it, for some ppl the game starts for some others it doesnt. ( bad programming?)

Shut down steam first.

Step One go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Expansion\BattlEye

Uninstall it

do it via the folder and not add/remove programs :)

Step 2:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...EyeARMA2OA.exe

Download an install.

Step 3:

Go to

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Download the BEclient.

dont run it. just Cut.

Step 4:

With both windows 7 and XP. you will need to have view hidden file option turned on or you wont see AppData.

go to (Windows 7) C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\

Make a file called BattlEye. (This was copy / paste so no spelling mistake there :s, its really called BattlEye)

Paste the BEclient.Dll in BattlEye folder.

(WindowsXP)

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\ARMA 2 OA\

Make a file called BattlEye

Paste the BEclient.Dll in BattlEye folder.

Step 5: right click steam icon and run as administrator.

Then you can use the Six Launcher to play the game.

There is also a BattleEye folder in the arma2 and arma 2: AO folder in the steam folder. but didnt have to change anything there.

As ive stated this has helped 2 ppl besides myself with this problem. So if the problem would still continue after this then dont give me grief please :)

Please Bump if this has helped you that way we dont get 5000 posts on the forum stating wht their problem is.

Same here, I haven't even played the game yet! I spent all yesterday morning trying to set this up and when I did it was stuck at the loading screen! I didn't know if I installed it wrong so I installed 6 updater and still, the same thing! I have been wanting to play this game for quite some time, and when I actually set it up, it wont work! I just wanna play dayz with my pals ))):

Great thanks man , this totally worked for me , I can access most servers now !

Now its just a learning curve for me ,

joined the server in UK time at night and tried to sneak into grab a pistol from a hut but a zombie started biting me ran like hell crapping myself and bleeding out , hit the forest and bandaged myself then hid under a tree stump and logged off !! I'll wait for daylight before I go searching again !

thanks again!

Someone sticky Igno4's solution! IT WORKS !

i have the steam copy , Arma II CO , and day Z 1.71. , also have the most up to date ARMA II CO patch !

Sadly this has not worked for me :( I am glad it is helping some users though.

Things I have tried -

All fixes mentioned in this thread,

Re-installs of Arma, AO, and Battle Eye

Using the newest patch, as administrator. Game worked fine for nearly a month. (retail, not steam)

Hoping a dev can help out with the rest of us. Its been 2 days broken now.

I've been fighting this for 3 days... Tried everything including installing the game on a different PC, ofc I have the latest beta and correct launch options. Every server lets me in and passes character creation, loading, etc but then blinks to the black "Loading" screen and freezes.

Is the only known fix asking for a character wipe?

I've been fighting this for 3 days... Tried everything including installing the game on a different PC' date=' ofc I have the latest beta and correct launch options. Every server lets me in and passes character creation, loading, etc but then blinks to the black "Loading" screen and freezes.

Is the only known fix asking for a character wipe?

[/quote']

Pretty much, and good luck having that happen I've been waiting like 12 hours for a ticket response, seems like only one person has had this fixed so far and he had vipeax reset his database info directly

Mine just started magically working when I got home tonight. Into that!

Well, I'am having the same problem.

And I gotta say, it is hard for me to connect to a server.

Im in Brazil, most of the server(99% prob.), has 100ms+ ping for me, and most of them kick me for High Ping.

The ones that doesn't kick me instantly, lead me to the fu**ing Loading Screen of Death!!!

I'd like to play since Im on vacation and my University is on strike, so, no classes for the next 1-2 months.

If it is necessarry to reset my database, I agree loosing all my Items, but please, let me plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I already tried most of the solutions posted in here, none worked of course.

Managed to get online today at some servers, but all of a sudden, I can't join any now? I'm desperatly looking for a solution, was about to make another thread, but seems like there are plenty of those like

this.

Sorry for the long text. =)

P.S.: It all started after the update to 94444 and shortly after the DDoS attacks the problem became worse.

EDIT: After re-doing some of the processes, I managed to get only once. But I keep getting "Script Restriction #16". I'm afraid to get banned, since most of the servers I try to connect to, I get this error.

EASY FIX (for steam users):

I have found a really simple fix to this problem! Im not sure if it will work for anyone else, but it worked for me!

What I did was:

1. Uninstall BattleEye in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Expansion\BattlEye

Go to that folder, run the uninstall program and uninstall it. Delete the Bohemia Interactive folder.

2. Start Steam. Right click on ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead. Press Reinstall BattleEye Anti-Cheat. Install BattleEye

The game should now work. The diffrence is that the BattleEye program will now be installed in your steam folder, and not in a separate folder in C:.

I hope this works for other people!

EASY FIX (for steam users):

I have found a really simple fix to this problem! Im not sure if it will work for anyone else' date=' but it worked for me!

What I did was:

1. Uninstall BattleEye in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Expansion\BattlEye

Go to that folder, run the uninstall program and uninstall it. Delete the Bohemia Interactive folder.

2. Start Steam. Right click on ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead. Press Reinstall BattleEye Anti-Cheat. Install BattleEye

The game should now work. The diffrence is that the BattleEye program will now be installed in your steam folder, and not in a separate folder in C:.

I hope this works for other people!

[/quote']

Wow, man!! Many thanks.

Will try it now. Hope it works.

The only problem...

If it really works, I will only sleep at 10h!! looool

Well I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone but I've had the same issue for a couple of days now. Just hangs at the loading screen. Can still hear the ambient sound but thats it.

I've tried all sorts of fixes and none work. I've played with router settings, reinstalled the games, mod & BattlEye. I've used a manual install and used six-updater/launcher and nothing seems to work.

I've come to the conclusion that DayZ is fracked until the mod team release an update/hotfix to counter this issue.

What worries me more is that I haven't seen anyone from the Developer team on here recognizing the problem. I may well have missed it as I haven't time to read all the threads posted up about this issue, but just to know they acknowledge there is a problem and are working on it would be appreciated.

Look at my thread *FIX* to stuck on loading screen. It has worked 100% of the time so far sooo yea XD