peters (DayZ)

Help - Stuck at "Loading" screen

I had a friend with this problem just a second ago and I was able to help him with a fix. This is for people who purchased the game on steam. go into your library and right click Arma 2. Click Properties. Then local files tab. Then click verify integrity of game cache. Do this also with Arma 2 OA. Hope this helps a good lot of you. It did for him.

well it didin't fixed my probleme, i get a never ending screen everytime i join in the server.

Same problem, its soo annoying. I just want to play! i havent even played yet, but yet have an hour played on steam :/

has anyone tried the reinstall battleye solution?

Okay, finally got it working.

Seems that there's more to the 93965 patch than just installing it, you need to make sure you use the correct *.exe too. Check out this thread:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10370

I followed the instructions and it worked. It would also account for why I got so many 'bad version' errors coming up. So if you're stuck on loading make sure you're using patch 93965 properly. It might fix it.

Well for me it says waiting for character to create but then the server list shows up again so do i just wait or try another server i'm so confused i just wanna play DayZ :(

I finally got it to work, only to be killed by a zombie in 1 hit (I had full health) while prone and not moving. I got agro for no reason and 1 hit killed. Ugh...

Anyway, I have the Steam install. First off, here is what did NOT work for me:

1) Re-installing DayZ several times

2) Using SixUpdater

3) Manually Installing DayZ

4) Repairing installation using Steam

5) Updating BattlEye

Here is what DID work for me:

1) Updating Arma 2 to the latest beta patch

That was it. Note that when I was getting stuck at Loading screen (using the non-beta version of the game) I was not using beta patched servers. My conclusion is that the issue something that got updated in DayZ that is requiring something from the beta patch.

Here is what DID work for me:

1) Updating Arma 2 to the latest beta patch

That was it. Note that when I was getting stuck at Loading screen (using the non-beta version of the game) I was not using beta patched servers. My conclusion is that the issue something that got updated in DayZ that is requiring something from the beta patch.

For me, running on a freshly updated/beta-patched server doesn't remove this issue. Still seeing the same black loading-screen issues as before, even tho both ends are running the latest stuff.

How would i know? It's my server.

I ended up reinstalling OA and the Beta patch, and uninstalling 6Updater but I still used the @dayz/addons/ files from 6Updater. I then ran CO from steam rather than 6Launcher and got into a server on my first try last night. Although I'm unsure which of the actions taken actually fixed it (guessing reinstalling the Beta patch).

it helped for me to go out of game (with Alt+Tab) and go back to the game again

So I take it this has been a common issue today?

A lot longer than today. It's been over a week and they haven't come up with a fix yet, and won't even talk to all the people with this problem. I mean really, how hard is it to type something up and tell us what's going on?

FOR STEAM USERS LIKE ME

So, i bought the game 3 days ago installed the 2 armas and dayzmod, the first day i reinstalled arma 2 CO and had no success, i was so frustated that my friend was playing the game, i was with him on skype trying everything and he was like, "help me in this mothefucker hard game i need u", i checked all the files, there were some erros and corrupted files on dayz arma 2 and battleeye, so i deleted all the game files, all of them with no exception. that was 0 hours here. runned steam as adm, and put the 2 games together to download.

next morning i restarted my pc runned steam as adm again and installed battleeye for the 2 armas and runned them, logged out of steam and installed mod with six launcher, always running things as adm, and checked my steam files of arma and dayz file, they were good this time, started the game and now im a happy man killing zombies (and ppl)

My advice is to, do the same, checking the files deleting and downloading again via steam and try playing. and hoping to work, after 3 or 4 times u ll have the files intact and will play the game hope that u guys can fix this like me.

PS: SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH

I have had the same problem.I recently purchased ArmA: CO from Steam for the direct purpose of playing this mod. I have watched countless videos and read many guides on how to install both of the ArmA games and Dayz; therefore I am confident that it has installed correctly. We need to alert the developers if we want it to be fixed. I submitted a ticket and emailed an the site and I suggest that I others do the same. If they don't know, they can't help. Sorry for the bad english.

ZOLO- ZEDS ONLY LIFE ONCE!!!!

Same problem for me, i trapped on the loading screen

i have instaled 1751 and beta 94444, yesterday i play but,Today I connected and the screen goes black with the word "loading".

I reinstalled everything 3 times, but still does not work, I think our profiles on the master server are corrupt.

bump

I assume the server drops you (the client) and the client just sits there like a potato doing nothing (genius) untill the player has to intervene and alt-f4.

Iv'e been having the same problem, i am a new player attracted to the game by the mod. I got it yesterday and installed everything properly but to no avail. First i had to deal, and manage with the "bad Serial" error for the whole day. Got around that and now i either get the black screen with the phrase "loading" or "Bad version" when trying to join a server. I tried so many servers. Same errors occur. Please help bump this thread. Hope for the fix. |:

I bought ARMA II CO yesterday from steam installed the games , ran the games , then downloaded the torrent files for Day Z , installed them as instructed and ran the game didnt connect at all , kept giving the pause at loading screen !

Havent even created a character yet ! accept once last night I managed to pick a male character then I joined a server with no weapons in the middle of nowhere ran around on my own for 30 minutes gave up .

Tonight after work , keep getting bad connection to server message , and the ones I do connect to give me the long pause at the loading screeen !

Hot fix for this please I eagerly cant wait to play this game with my friends !

Yep, same for me.

The game was working fine until the other night, when I joined a server and ended up spawning in the middle of no-where, respawned....same thing again and again.

Today I get to the part where it says Loading with a solid rectangle bar above it, I can hear active game sounds but am totally stuck.

I finally was able to join two servers and it put me in an endless field with no items....