DeHerp

Feeling cheated out of money.

My game runs for 2 seconds and it freezes constantly, my computer is able to play this game since I can play any other recent game without any lag, I paid money for a product I in theory can use but cannot due to a shitty engine.

Does anyone have a solution as to the freezing, Í can try anything but it won't work and it's getting on my nerves that I bought a game I can't play.

You were not 'cheated' out of money, you were warned that the game may have severe issues- "We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage" - "PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. ". 

• Like 6

You were not 'cheated' out of money, you were warned that the game may have severe issues- "We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage" - "PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. ". 

Beans for you sir! As for OP you were warned and you still bought it. Sorry to you mate but they told ya sooo

My game runs for 2 seconds and it freezes constantly, my computer is able to play this game since I can play any other recent game without any lag, I paid money for a product I in theory can use but cannot due to a shitty engine.

Does anyone have a solution as to the freezing, Í can try anything but it won't work and it's getting on my nerves that I bought a game I can't play.

You say this is a "shitty engine", why the hell are you asking for help on a forums for a game with a shitty engine. Just because you cant run the game does not make the game good or bad. Next time you ask for help, try to hold yourself back from insulting the thousands of hours that the creators put in to make this game for you. You say "I paid money for a product I in theory can use but cannot due to a shitty engine" perhaps it wouldn't kill you to read up on some game information before you drop 30 bucks on steam for a game you don't even know that it works. Again as I stated, insulting the game on the forums wont get you any help.

Instead of providing a negative environment and negative feedback, just ask for possible solutions to your problem (it's a little childish your approach, imo). Try cleaning your cache, gamebooster, defragment, antivirus, antispyware, antimalware, update video card drivers, check the rams work properly, and so on. After that's been done, you can truly blame the game, however, you were warned the game is on alpha, agreeing to those terms you should know what 'alpha' means. :)

/forcefeed Rotten Beans Deherp

Edited by axtranti

The ones that are going to help you are going to need a bit more information.  Your computer's specs for one, I'd say post them and verify the files through steam while you wait for a satisfactory answer.

• Like 1

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? 

Update drivers?

Your PC specs would also be useful????

Edited by twinturbonet

I would like to help, but my computer is not cooking my toast at the moment.

Something like this could be of assistance to me!

Hey ladies and Gents,

I am new around these parts. I just brought this game but I am having trouble running it =(.

I have searched and read all the trouble shooting pages on these forums, but none of the information is helping me.
Can I please have some help?

I put this into the run command on my computer "dxdiag" then clicked yes.
I saved the information to my desktop so you good people can help me to get this alpher going.
I really want to help with the testing of this awersome game that Rocket has designed.
I want to find as meny of the bugs as I can and report then here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/

I uploaded the information to pastebin.com
here is the link http://pastebin.com/UJwsVqYB for those that can help.

Thanks =)

Why does everyone flip out whenever someone has a problem with the game and post "ITS ALPHA DUMBASS". You would be pissed too if you spent $30 and the game doesn't even let you play at all.

First off, there seems to be some confusion in this thread about whether you're referring to the DayZ Mod or the DayZ Standalone.  If you're referring to the Mod and you're having issues with the "shitty engine" (which sounds like you know what you're talking about) then you should go to the Arma 2 forums for support, since the DayZ Mod is built on the Arma 2 engine.

For Support with Arma2 engine games:

http://forums.bistudio.com

So you need to figure out if you're having issues running Arma 2, running the DayZ mod or issues running both Arma 2 and the DayZ mod.

If you are referring to the DayZ Standalone game, then you're posting in the completely wrong forum.  This is a forum for the mod, not the standalone.

For the Standalone:

You said, "my computer is able to play this game since I can play any other recent game without any lag"

That doesn't mean that your computer meets the actual minimum specs.

The reason OP is getting negative responses is because his post is negative.  He gives little to no details about his problem and simply claims he's been ripped off and that his computer can't run the game because of it's "shitty engine."  I can run the game just fine and I'm in the mid-range for specs so if I'm going to make blanket assumptions like "DeHerp" then I would assume he has a lower end computer that perhaps doesn't meet the specs or barely meets them.

These are the minimum specs for DayZ Standalone:

• Minimum: 
    • Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

If you want constructive responses from other forum users then you need to actually provide your system specs, know how to provide your system specs and understand what those mean, otherwise this is just a pointless thread.

You should also check this thread here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/

I can run this game with ease, I can run BF3 on Ultra and it's a walk in the park.

Put your damm specs, running BF3 in ultra don't mean you can run Dayz:SA with the highest graphics

Put also your game conf

Edited by Vagnus

I can run this game with ease, I can run BF3 on Ultra and it's a walk in the park.

Have you tried speedtest.net?  If you say you can run this game (DayZ) fine, then are you sure you don't have some downloads running in the background?  Also, you still haven't clarified if you're talking about DayZ SA or the DayZ Mod.