r4nger

[SUGGESTION]Make EAST much more interesting

Am i the only one who doesn't think that military loot is that important in SA? I wear black, instead of the general camo everybody prefers. Literally only things i need from military places are hunter backpack, assault vest, gasmask and black tactical shirt.

On top of that black ushanka and i'm set for life.

Honestly the mosin is way better than M4, only thing that is worse is the loading trough inventory and fire rate.

http://i.imgur.com/tO6zxR7.jpg

I actually kinda like that we spawn east now. People actually travel, even if they do it only to get back to balota, instead of NWAF.

Edited by csharp

Honestly, It was one of the best ideas they've patched in the alpha so far.

Start out in the East, gear up (if that's your thing) in the West. Sorry that M4s won't just be handed to you anymore. Such a crying shame.

if you know where to look it takes less then 20 minutes to get a M4/fully kitted with just a few server hops anyway, there idea to stop easy gearing failed 10 fold.

Because this game shouldn't be "How fast can you get a military weapon and wreck face"

If you want to gear up that way.. you have to walk from the East to the West.

Personally I hope they reduce the amount of military spawn locations.. not add to it.

ya, lets just run from zombies the entire time rofl. sounds really really fun

ya but making the spawns only east coast? like even a retard would knows thats a bad idea

Testing. TESTING!

edit: good job trolling Crakka! :)

Edited by Merrick362

iak8.jpg

Add more to the East? Totally. Yes. More military loot? They've already added more than we even need. No more Military bases. Wait for more civilian weaponry to be introduced before we start talking about throwing military bases around even more.

Edited by Knightmare
  • Like 5

Alpha testing of PVP seems to work fine...maybe remove guns from the game whilst they test some other elements now?

/troll (had to add this because I just know it woulda backfired otherwise)

Add more to the East? Totally. Yes. More military loot? They've already added more than we even need. No more Military bases. Wait for more civilian weaponry to be introduced before we start talking about throwing military bases around even more.

Agreed, but before adding more civilian weaponry, it would be nice if they modified the values of what is already in.  All the melee weapons, save for the axes, could use some work.

This map is currently unbalanced. Everything you need you can find on an axis balota-pavlovo-zelenogorsk-green mountain-veresnik-nwaf.

I would suggest creating some military objects at the east.

Why you won't make a large army base at the Klen mountain? Or move one of the actual bases there? This place has great potential for a army base. (yes, it's the place where the manhattan base was in ARMA2 SP).

Another good spot for a base is over Doilna factory. And there are many other spots for balancing a map. I have played today for about 6 hours, and met 6 players on the axis balota-nwaf. And when I was moving from Skalisty spawn to Krasnostav and then to Veresnik, I didn't met anyone.

And guys, i don't want to hear 'It's an Alpha bro.' I want to see suggestions for the development team.

See the second sentence throws me off here and I don't quite understand... Everything you need is in those places, really?

Seems I find everything I NEED in a lot more places than those mentioned or maybe your mistaken needs for wants. Yeah, I think that's it.

The wants that you need now have to be earned rather than spawning and attaining them within 5mins. Much more gratifying this way isn't it?

Oh and it is early Alpha but I don't think that's going to change the course DayZ has/will always been on.

Point is east is fine the way it is. I have had bases out east in the mod and no one ever bothers me because there isn't any Leet military stuff to really be had over there so keep it the way it is no one uses it so i will and enjoy surviving with little to no opposition :)

But also military should be taken off the coast the game should push players into the north. and fire stations shouldn't spawn military either

maybe some civ guns but hell i think that's too much

Edited by Kruger287

Dean said they wont give mod rights to people like they did in DayZ mod.

Theyll hire good modders later once they have the time for it.

• Like 1

Dean said they wont give mod rights to people like they did in DayZ mod.

Theyll hire good modders later once they have the time for it.

I assume you mean there wont be mods for the game like epoch and such? ha good luck stopping that.

people need to fuck off with the running simulator bullshit. if you're running, you're alive, welcome to the game asshats, you all deserve to spawn at kamyshovo. 

Edited by Capo

I think it will get a balance one vehicles are in towns in east coast have many factories thus making them a hotbed for carparts once they enter the game.. for now yes no real reason to bother... later though

Please stop just thinking about the game as PVP in the wilderness where everyone needs military loot.

The reason the spawns were moved was to prevent people just running around Balota without exploring the rest of the map, at least now it forces the ones that want to PVP to actually attempt to navigate even though many just suicide to respawn near the South to go to Balota still since it doesn't involve having to leave the easy landmarks of the coast.

For next patch can we have the coastal area temporarily removed so that some of these kiddies learn to navigate properly?

please stop just thinking about the game as a running simulator or wilderness hiking game where everyone should just ignore weapons and high grade gear and stare at bushes out in the wilderness, hold hands and sing kumbayah with everyone they encounter.

yeah, shame on everyone who spends their time collecting the best gear and weapons so they can, you know, go PvP (effectively) in, *gasp*, a PvP game! if you want to stand around and dork yourself off "enjoying the scenery" and not hop into the hot and heavy action at Balota and other pvp hotspots, thats fine. i'll enjoy my scenery while on the way to collecting gear. stop berrating other people for "not navigating" and playing the game your way.

look, as it stands right now, theres only 4 firearms in the game. as they continue to add more and the game gets closer to launch, there will no doubt be a lot of balancing of the rarity and locations of certain weapons and ammo. right now things are tuned for easy accessibility so people can test it out, enjoy it and get into the action. i'm looking forward to when high end gare becomes harder to find, but until then i think its in everyones best interest to just enjoy it while it lasts. just know that people will ALWAYS gravitate to the areas where the best loot is, and where its easiest to obtain, just how shit works in games and real life. no need to cry about it.

Well there are 2 police stations at NEAF right now.. but it's still not worth the trip there unless you spawn at factory or somewhere close to Berezino which as been mostly unmodified. What would be cool for NEAF is something like 2 plane wreks on the runway with military loot or medical since the closest hospital is at berezino only.. They've done so much for the coast and north.., Base above Kamenka, Base at Balota, Base at Zeleno, Base next to vybor, tents at NWAF... IMO there are too many bases available for the coast right now. It's not even worth going all the way up north to get gear anymore since you can make a 15 min trip to kamenka base and zeleno and then come back down to kill people...

please stop just thinking about the game as a running simulator or wilderness hiking game where everyone should just ignore weapons and high grade gear and stare at bushes out in the wilderness, hold hands and sing kumbayah with everyone they encounter.

yeah, shame on everyone who spends their time collecting the best gear and weapons so they can, you know, go PvP (effectively) in, *gasp*, a PvP game! if you want to stand around and dork yourself off "enjoying the scenery" and not hop into the hot and heavy action at Balota and other pvp hotspots, thats fine. i'll enjoy my scenery while on the way to collecting gear. stop berrating other people for "not navigating" and playing the game your way.

look, as it stands right now, theres only 4 firearms in the game. as they continue to add more and the game gets closer to launch, there will no doubt be a lot of balancing of the rarity and locations of certain weapons and ammo. right now things are tuned for easy accessibility so people can test it out, enjoy it and get into the action. i'm looking forward to when high end gare becomes harder to find, but until then i think its in everyones best interest to just enjoy it while it lasts. just know that people will ALWAYS gravitate to the areas where the best loot is, and where its easiest to obtain, just how shit works in games and real life. no need to cry about it.

I really really doubt that most of the current players with their current mindsets are gonna enjoy when high end gear [for pvp] becomes harder to find, I'm trying to caution them against that mindset.

The 'hot and heavy' action in Balota is somewhat boring after you've been playing FPS for 20 years already. I'm sure it's very exciting to have a game where you're allowed to rob people of their goodies beyond them just dropping a gun and ammo like other FPS. Maybe you get a thrill out of winning one-sided combat where only one of you has any weaponry (sounds like the Iraq War).

Interacting with random people beyond moving a cursor and clicking on their head is way more fun...hence why we're all on these forums, discussing *shock horror* our opinions. My opinion is, stop demanding the game be balanced just for easy pvp when there's already a multitude of games available for you to scratch that itch with LIKE Arma/BF/COD/CS/TF2/Halo - even Quake itself although I don't expect most of the current alpha players would want to spent the time taken to get out of the noob tiers there and into the proper gameplay - that's just listing the more commonly played FPS games...you could go play some Starcraft, LoL, DOTA, Street Fighter, even Eve Online, Civilisation, Xcom and Frozen Synapse are all pvp games as well...

Survival IS easy at the moment IF you server hop until you find a nice full town of untouched goodies populated by 1 other player stacking up in a different airbase, try imposing some self control and actually scavenging for supplies in a full server, avoiding contact until you're geared up OR just sharing the wealth and making some new friends along the way. The current PvP mentality hurts the game by making the player interactions much harder for new players to attempt - which is a cycle of decline until everyone thinks everyone else is gonna KOS and so they KOS as well... which then does turn the game into a shallow shell of what it could potentially be.

Now how about a hug whilst you let that sink in, cuz I sure don't feel like crying cuz of the big bad scary pvper, I feel like laughing at him cuz he's missing out on the unique qualities of this particular game.

• Like 1

DayZ is just as much of a PvE game as it is PvP,don't make this mistake.

• Like 1

I assume you mean there wont be mods for the game like epoch and such? ha good luck stopping that.

Dice and EA sucessfully stopped modding too.

I dont know what the hell you want from me

Edited by Guest

The east is quite important for vehicles.

Solnichny, Dolina Factory, Berezino Harbour. I really hope they do something creative with that wrecked car lot as well.

You got some good ones there mate!

Funny how everyone is pointing the 11th finger in photos :D no doubt the finger is an epic featuer

where did you find the 8x zoom btw?

What a load.

Yeah I'm 100% sure you spent 10 hours getting the best gear the right way only to be shot at Balota to start over.

More like you server-hopped your gear in 15 mins.

Suggestion: remove all Balota military buildings + tents and place them somewhere east of Stary Sobor

• Like 1

You dont need to replace anything. They can adjust the spawn rate of items in certain areas. thats the solution.

I bet that once we have more weapons, the amount of spawn locations is going to even out. Right now there is only m4 + ammo for it in military loots, so it's pretty easy to find out what you need, but when there is like 10 weapons with different calibers and magazines, it gets harder and it ain't only a arma with zombies (lol).

And the east propably gets a bit more interesting when we get more civilian weapons, more loot in general. But i would like to point out that there is now atleast two new "factory"/construction sites on the western side of the map (both near lopatino) so that takes a bit out from the eastern industrials and that way making east a bit less "important".

But in general i think the spawn area should be some what boring, keeping most of the people away from there and that way moving the action to bigger hotspots.

Edited by csharp