frostknivez

[Suggestion] Stop Combat Loggers and ALT-F4'ers

Not sure if this idea has been spoken about before. But I thought it would be a good idea if there was a timer for 15/30 seconds before you exit... and the ALT-F4 shortcut was COMPLETELY disabled. It is possible, I've seen many programs do it, and maybe you can only ALT-F4 on the main menu.

Another suggestion to add to this is not allowing users to close the "DayZ.exe" process in the task manager, like virus scanners work. I'm not sure if it will work because it's alpha and it will crash a lot but it's just a suggestion. I really do hate these combat loggers, i'm thinking of every way possible to get them to fuck off. 

• Like 1

This has been suggested since DayZ mod and yet there is nothing done about combat logers.

Not sure if this idea has been spoken about before

I cant imagine NOT finding results when using the search...

This has been suggested since DayZ mod and yet there is nothing done about combat logers.

^^ What he said. Learn to use the search function. Its alot like Google. You would find in excess of 1000 threads about this issue.

No one wants to add a system where you can't log off within 50m of people

No one eh? I would like that. Screwed up your comment didn't I? lol

• Like 1

No one wants to add a system where you can't log off within 50m of people

It was a nice system. Then whiners started to whine.

I hope it's implemented eventually... but I'm really not too bothered by people denying me a kill as the game stands right now. Probably the only issue I have is having to check my back for 10minutes afterwards for the rare cases they're actually being really stealthy and didn't actually log.

30sec logoff timer would be easy and safe way to prevent combat logging. There is also abit bigger issue right now which is the server hopping for loots. 

There could be some sort of server hopping timer. Like they could limit the amount of server hopping to maxium 1 server change each 30mins. The system how ever should learn to spot when server did a planned maintenance reset and not reset the timer because of these. Servers are stable enough so 30mins each server change wouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by Thurios_FIN

I cant imagine NOT finding results when using the search...

I mean i'm not sure if people have spoken about my specific ideas haha. I know hundreds of people have given their own suggestions on the topic :P

Guys, alt+f4 is already disabled now. I tried use it today but nothing happen. I almost died thanks to that haha. Anyways, just press escape then exit works fine and with a 10 second timer it would be perfect. If you cant kill a guy in 10 seconds, he deserve to get away.

They are planning to add a combat logging management system that will introduce timer delays and such BUT this may not occur for sometime due to the extra load it adds to servers/global-hive. Expect this to come eventually as they slowly tweak and refine their code.

The minecraft mod MineZ has a 15 sec log out timer it has a plain log out but you have a ghost that stands there for 30 sec if you do that and you have a safe log out (you right click on your radio and it takes 15 and leaves no ghost, except the thing is that you must stand still any movement will stop the safe log out process)

So if i see a running player, 500 meters away and he's closing to my friend, i shoot him and miss, it's completely ok for him to D/C asap? Just because he ran behind a tree and i cannot shoot him and he waited the 10sec timer? Whoah, that's harsh. 

Used to play this dayz mod called TimZ and they had like ~3-5min timers and nobody complained. That was if you were in combat, otherwise it was shorter. And if you disconnected in combat without making that timer to end, well though luck there mate, you are at coast now. Not that it matters, since everybody seem to be there anyway :D

I like combat logging in front of other players. I feel it gives an X Files supernatural feel to the game for the RPers and I my stomach feels stuffed on the tears of the KoS kiddies who are too fucking lazy to gear up.

Tldr: I combat log on purpose to grief bandits and freak out the normals.

Every game that rebinds alt+f4 you can just change it in windows settings to whatever you want and thus getting around there little we changed the binding for alt+f4!~

Not being able to log within a radius of players is a ridiculous idea who ever said it; what if you're in a group and you all like starting at the same place the next day?

I think a 3-5 minute timer would be good if a bullet lands nearby you, or another recognition system that would work so combat loggers can't continue.

It should take at least 3 min to log off and longer after you shoot, since there is nothing more annoying then some asshole shooting at you and then logging off when you shoot back.