King of kong

Increase Zombie Speed.

Zombies Should Run Faster Than Players. No More Slowing Down.

Zombies Should Take More Than One Shot To Kill. I'm Not Suggesting Head-Shot Only But They Should Be Able To Withstand An M4 Burst

Hmmm. I don't feel like that would help, to be honest.

I usually have problems losing them and the only thing that seems to be working is to simply keep running and lose them like that.

That would dramatically change when they're faster or even faster then you. Might even encourage zombielogging, when they would be faster.

• Like 5

Hmmm. I don't feel like that would help, to be honest.

I usually have problems losing them and the only thing that seems to be working is to simply keep running and lose them like that.

That would dramatically change when they're faster or even faster then you. Might even encourage zombielogging, when they would be faster.

It's so easy to get away from them though...Just run until you get in a forest or keep running. But at the moment they're just too slow. Make them a little bit faster so we can't always outrun them. If every survivor can run like an athlete why can't the infected?

It's so easy to get away from them though...Just run until you get in a forest or keep running. But at the moment they're just too slow. Make them a little bit faster so we can't always outrun them. If every survivor can run like an athlete why can't the infected?

Because they're infected... Right? They're sick. Have you tried running while you were sick? It's hot as hell, and you're tired before you start.

• Like 5

They'r fine at the speed they got right now. It'snt the idea of facing a few slumbering zombies, you will later in development face hundreds of crawling, walking, creeping zombies trying to eat you

• Like 2

They're fine speed/health wise, we just need better AI and more of them.

• Like 5

Because they're infected... Right? They're sick. Have you tried running while you were sick? It's hot as hell, and you're tired before you start.

What's to say they can't feel it?

Speed is fine now, hated how they had like super speed in the mod.

• Like 3

They're fine speed/health wise, we just need better AI and more of them.

Not really....AI is okay. The speed and health are big probs

They'r fine at the speed they got right now. It'snt the idea of facing a few slumbering zombies, you will later in development face hundreds of crawling, walking, creeping zombies trying to eat you

No there won't be thousands, it's not possible. And I think they'll stay as joggers

lmao, i do not understand why even run from zombies in this game.. axe to the face and dead

lmao, i do not understand why even run from zombies in this game.. axe to the face and dead

exactly

• Like 1

I would wait for the new AI, before we can discuss this. 

We got still the old Arma II - Z's. But with noclip 8D

• Like 1

I would wait for the new AI, before we can discuss this. 

We got still the old Arma II - Z's. But with noclip 8D

This man speaks the truth. We need to wait, till zombies are almost half finished, not the placeholder we got now.

Devs said, its high on their priority list, so we should not wait a year for that.

On the side note, I agree with first poster, that zombies should not die after 1 bullet anywhere or axe anywhere.

Headshots with firearms should kill them fast, axe to head should work too, but they should withstand more bullets to torso or legs & arms same for hatchets.

I believe that speed is fine what the game needs is more of them, but they are working on it :)

And if wandering hordes is implemented increasing the running speed would be stupid.

Edited by Zeet.

At this point they need their detection tweaked, pathing fixed, and attack more varied before we enhance their speed. I like the current system as seeing they are so incredibly bugged right now.

Nope, was too annoying in the mod as you couldn't shoot them whilst running. You had to lose them in a bush or something. Such a pain in the ass. They're gonna quadruple the amount of zombies anyway. 

Lets wait for the new Zombie-AI before we suggest anything here. AND I think the sprinter-zombies are ruining the atmosphere of the game and are more a nuisance and a good laugh than scary.

back in my days zombies were slow, i like how it is, its just stupid that a rotten human can run faster then a healthy one, its infected people not cursed people by an evil whitch which gives them super powers to run faster while being rotten and dead...

They increased the speed of the mod zombies, to make them more challenging, and they slowed them down in buildings to get around the wallglitching issue in the mod, this is no longer the mod, they can change the engine, and come up with better solutions because they are not restricted to a scripting language.

NO.  zombies should NOT run faster than a alive human.
look in the movies, zombies generally dont run,  i personally like the speed the zombies have actually in the game.
in the arma2 mod they ran as fast as the players. and was a pain in the ass.
BUT we was able t o use the STEALTH stop running before crossing some walls and then the zombies stop chasing.

actually this "techniche" dont work. seems the stealth is not much added to the standalone.

I think that the zombie speed is not the issue, it's player speed. People aren't realistically able to sprint full out indefinitely. The reason we can escape so easily is because the characters in this game don't have much of a fatigue aspect other than the hoarse breathing after running a marathon.

Zombies do need to be buffed though. Both on health and numbers. Headshots should be 1hit kill, but otherwise they need to take more depending on caliber of the bullet and maybe the type of bullet if DayZ devs ever venture into adding that. (Hollow Point, FMJ, Ballistic tips, etc)

No there won't be thousands, it's not possible. And I think they'll stay as joggers

It is possbile, you should pay attention to the development instead of ranting on forum. The client we are playing on are capable of handling 4000 zombies with all loot removed and the client isn't even in its final form...

• Like 1

I think it's pretty broken to be honest.. They're slow as shit and die when i hit them in the toe with my fireman's axe. They need to be a little faster and chase the player until it's dead. It's not super hard to give a zombie a whacking while circling it. Punching zombies in the face is also easy.

• Like 1