Sign in to follow this  
wse_jack

Very poor performance on GTX780 SLI amd8350

hi

it seem pretty obvious that ur cpu bottleneck your gpu s.

to be sure :launch twice gpu z(and select each gpu and go on sensor tab) and 1 cpu z

then start gaming,5min later go back to windows and check the gpu load and cpu load.

if your cpu load is around 90%/100% and your gpu 60/70% it mean your cpu isnt enought to handle 2x780

hi

it seem pretty obvious that ur cpu bottleneck your gpu s.

to be sure :launch twice gpu z(and select each gpu and go on sensor tab) and 1 cpu z

then start gaming,5min later go back to windows and check the gpu load and cpu load.

if your cpu load is around 90%/100% and your gpu 60/70% it mean your cpu isnt enought to handle 2x780

This is incorrect.

Stop scaring people by telling them their CPU can't handle their GFX cards.

Edited by prix
  • Like 1

let him try this,instead of opening your mouth for nothing then we ll know.

i not scaring anyone,what i said must be checked to help solv op s question , its higly probable with those sort of cpu.

Edited by BlastHard

let him try this,instead of opening your mouth for nothing then we ll know.

i not scaring anyone,what i said must be checked to help solv op s question , its higly probable with those sort of cpu.

Fact remains, just becaus the CPU can't handle DayZ doesn't mean that the CPU can't handle the cards. I don't even know where you are going with this. It's not like hes got SLI 780Ti's running with a Intel Pentium II

I know that his CPU will be about 95% load and his first card will have about 45-55% load.

It's all about DayZ optimization not that the CPU is crap.

Edited by prix

Fact remains, just becaus the CPU can't handle DayZ doesn't mean that the CPU can't handle the cards. I don't even know where you are going with this. It's not like hes got SLI 780Ti's running with a Intel Pentium II

I know that his CPU will be about 95% load and his first card will have about 45-55% load.

While true it would be interesting to see if i5 would make any difference. I've feeling it would

It's all about DayZ optimization not that the CPU is crap.

his cpu isnt crap,his cpu can a handle 780 sli in all solo game,when in a multiplayer game,cpu have much more work,the more if the map contain physical variable items like loot or zombis,players,vehicule.

so let s check if this is the case in there doing exactly what i said upper..

While true it would be interesting to see if i5 would make any difference. I've feeling it would

Are you trolling me?  :huh:

Look at my post up there  :thumbsup:

(http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161092-very-poor-performance-on-gtx780-sli-amd8350/?p=1620634)

Guys, I don't know where you are getting at. His CPU is bottlenecking, it's facts. Every CPU on this earth will bottleneck in DayZ SA. You would need a cluster of quantum computers for it not too bottleneck. The AMD bottlenecks more than the i5. Yes.

Edited by prix

All that power no idea how to used it makes me so sad :(

I have 8 gig generic ram, an old 1055t 2.8ghz amd processor a refurbished ssd from ebay and my prized possession an xfx 7950..

In the woods I clear 40fps no problems even as high as 60 -70fps.. In towns ok I drop to like 25 -30fps because my cpu is bad.. My point is I have tweaked settings left right and centre to get the game running just right for me.

You have all that and your asking for help! Not worthy of that power.

Try learning your equipment the games capabilities and known working tweaks from the search button befor you cry about your beast not performing FFS!

Edited by Desryachri

when in a multiplayer game,cpu have much more work,the more if the map contain physical variable items like loot or zombis,players,vehicule.

The CPU has a lot more work in MP that's true but the funny thing is that CPU usage is lower in multiplayer than in singleplayer and that's why everyones CPU is "bottlenecked" in DayZ or in Arma mmultiplayer. Hopefully this can be optimized in standalone because of the architecture changes.