CyberVillain (DayZ)

Servers that reset player

My character was reseted when joining a server, I then saw that in the name it said "Reset server" I thought it ment that it recycled the server map. But no it actually stole my Mosin and 300 rounds of 7.62. along with all other goodies I had looted for over 4 days :/

The DayZ team must remove this "feature"!

Some of them only reset you on that specific server. Try joining another one to see if it truly reset you.

This happened to my friend two times. We playing all the time together he need to go afk so we quit game. After 10 minutes we go back and he got a fresh character. This is 100% bug but this is a really good idea make this somelike kind of anticheat - server hoppling. Because server hoppling is very bad thing. (and we joining only to one server which one we have in favorite list)

Looting is much safer on servers with low player count, I only join high player count servers when I am with my group and we want to rob people.

Reseting peps character is not a way of getting rid of server hopping

Some servers aren't whitelisted yet which will lead to resetting. I used to frequent those servers when I had no cliffs to fall from, or zombies to hug to respawn, but all those servers went down. Care to tell me which servers you used? :p