Sign in to follow this  
ClassifyLP

We Showed A Guy The Fastest Route To Cherno

This is why there is too much kos, you are in a group and you spot a player and the very first thing you say is "kill him, if you see him" following by "take a shot, take a shot men" and then you freak out when your mates want to stop a fresh spawn. Seems like you are afraid of any type of contact with anyone in this game. And now I know why I get shot on sight so much even tho I have nothing on me, people are just scared of the fact that there is another player nearby.

I suggest that next time you take the situation under control, speak to the player and see how he is behaving. If he does something strange then shoot him but if he's alright then let him go.

In general, the responses to the thread kinda give me hope in the general community.

While any playstyle is legit (as in, there are no rules on how you MUST play the game and how to interact with others apart from using "illegal third party software to gain advantages" it does not necessarily mean that you SHOULD always do what you CAN do at the moment.

Shooting anything (and apparently unarmed / ungeared) you see can often be a dick move if no threat is implied. You waste ammo, gain not much in return and possibly ruin the day of another player. This is still a game after all. While we in theory all accept dying, or have to, (also to bugs in the Alpha) it does not mean you should always be a dick about it.

The (game) world revolves around more than just you or your little group that is a mere part of it. And by that I don't mean just the OP but everyone who's reading this.

And yes, I can afford to write this as I am part of a big group that tries to assist non-crazy (or bandit) players while maintaining a certain set of ROE whenever possible. Not that anyone throws the "hypocrite" argument out there.

• Like 2

If you're good equipped, you can do some really cool things around the coast with the newspawns and just become some kind of "one-day-heroe". 

But... yeah... well .... *golfclap*

35i0z9w.gif

no funny :|

no clever :|

even friends feeling disgust ;)

you are horrible person

karma gonna pay you back double :thumbsup:  :)

Edited by KoS

... says "KOS" himself :P

I never shoot on no gun guy on purpose >:(

one time ON NIGHT THIME server I shoot by mistake when I see crowbar in hands

I almost die putting bandage on him try to save :o

this guy doing because in his brain is clever joke :huh:

but joke shoot back on him :D

This is why there is too much kos, you are in a group and you spot a player and the very first thing you say is "kill him, if you see him" following by "take a shot, take a shot men" and then you freak out when your mates want to stop a fresh spawn. Seems like you are afraid of any type of contact with anyone in this game. And now I know why I get shot on sight so much even tho I have nothing on me, people are just scared of the fact that there is another player nearby.

I suggest that next time you take the situation under control, speak to the player and see how he is behaving. If he does something strange then shoot him but if he's alright then let him go.

Out of the 5 players I killed, this was the first that wasn't trying to kill me. The number of encounters is so low, that I never really experienced a "good" player interaction before. I guess I was too scared to act more kind. I just didn't want to die, that's why I said "take a shot". I wasn't sure what the guy was carrying and if I see players this far North I just assumed they are armed.

However, the kill after that was stupid and I will not shoot unarmed friendlies again.

Our group actually had another encounter with a presumably friendly player at Berezino, we did not do anything to him and he just moved along looting the office and we kept on going.

[...]

no funny :|

no clever :|

even friends feeling disgust ;)

you are horrible person

karma gonna pay you back double :thumbsup:  :)

You did give me beans though, I assume you took'em back though.

Edited by ClassifyLP

I'm German, I am sorry if my grammar and spelling aren't pefect. No reason to be a dick about that though.

Otherwise, you are right man, I thought about my actions after this and reget it.

However, if you meet someone in Stary asking how to get to Cherno, there is not really a way of helping him that much. Giving him directions only to see him wander off and probably dieing out of thirst or hunger isn't nice either. It was also not KoS, I had a clear shot before and decided not to.

At least I am not camping North of Balota to kill dozens of actual fresh spawns.

Sort of a dick move, but really, not that bad. You did probably get him there faster, and he can find a shovel and shitty backpack in 5 minutes.

Don't worry about it too much.

Edited by Erik204

Only the biggest baddass IRL can come in a game and exert this type of awesomeness, then post this on the forums! I salute the OP, as I know he got his rocks off thinking this was "clever."  Granted handcuffing him, breaking his legs, shoving bad fruit down his throat would not have been as ingenious, as this age old dayZone trick. I think Ima try and be this clever when I see a new spawn, out numbered, out gunned, and surrounded. I know I myself will then post this, so my 15year old penis will get hard as a rock.  Again I salute you OP for your original never scene before antics of a 1st person/ Dayz style game! 

Only the biggest baddass IRL can come in a game and exert this type of awesomeness, then post this on the forums! I salute the OP, as I know he got his rocks off thinking this was "clever."  Granted handcuffing him, breaking his legs, shoving bad fruit down his throat would not have been as ingenious, as this age old dayZone trick. I think Ima try and be this clever when I see a new spawn, out numbered, out gunned, and surrounded. I know I myself will then post this, so my 15year old penis will get hard as a rock.  Again I salute you OP for your original never scene before antics of a 1st person/ Dayz style game! 

I love it, best comment in this whole forum. Will you marry me?

While I would probably not have shot him, why do you care that he did? Oh noes, the guy gets to spend another 30 seconds finding a new shovel.

And this is why i will never buy this game.

great game.

horrible gameplay because people dont want to learn theyr place, :)

Not funny dude, but i think you know that by now.

Kinda funny considering when we were playing last night and were able to handcuff a friendly your first response was to start shooting him with a magnum for no reason....

Did your 30 year old penis get hard when you did that?

Yeah, that was not ok (in my opinion).

But in the other hand, a fresh spawn in Stary is suspicious at the first place.. even if he got the "lucky" spawn of Novy he should be aware that most of the people there are heavily armed. And since he asked the way to Cherno.. well, after some explanations he may have asked you directly to send him back there. ^^

Edited by SixGunLover

You did the right thing, so what he only had a shovel? 10 minutes after respawn I only have a shovel too and I wouldn't mind shooting you as soon as I get a gun.

Ignore all the whiners, you did well.

I'm German, I am sorry if my grammar and spelling aren't pefect. No reason to be a dick about that though.

Otherwise, you are right man, I thought about my actions after this and reget it.

However, if you meet someone in Stary asking how to get to Cherno, there is not really a way of helping him that much. Giving him directions only to see him wander off and probably dieing out of thirst or hunger isn't nice either. It was also not KoS, I had a clear shot before and decided not to.

At least I am not camping North of Balota to kill dozens of actual fresh spawns.

Atleast you didnt kill him at 0:37 and its nice to you to regret it but cherno was far and he could just spawned next to elektro run to cherno go to airport in low pop server get full geared then return to cherno with full geared so yea maybe you actually helped him

I wouldn't say "You did him a favor".

Because we all don't know what he was thinking or intending. If he just wanted to be shot / die to respawn more closely, he would've probably done something. Maybe he wanted to go there the old fashioned way, as intended. *shrug*