Sign in to follow this  
s1rGr1nG0

KOS is alive and well...

I've been in game a total of about 3-4 hours. Had the usual n00b gear, (backpack, axe, some food, canteen, other misc items), and had not come across a single other player.

I hit the road in some random direction to get the lay of the land. I had been running for about 15-20 minutes when I see movement at the bottom of the hill. Finally, another player!! My axe was stowed and I did the universal salute/greeting to let him know I'm friendly. His axe was out and he makes a beeline straight toward me. I salute again but he keeps coming. Naturally I pull my axe out and start back peddaling. He swings and hits me and I start bleeding. I promptly tag his ass and take him out. I bandage myself and try to look but he is glitching and since he was geared pretty much like me I just move on.

*sigh* Some people..... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yeah that part of the game will NEVER change you did the right thing...if someone is trying to kill you don't run ...take there ass out.

I try not to kill anyone but when you have no other way around you gotta do what you gotta do,

Copying the way youtubers play dayz will get you killed, They stage their friendly meetings for the camera.

• Like 1

There are friendlies out there. I am now at the point again where boredom ingame is the worst.. Kill server hoppers and look for phresh spawn killers. Actually took a tour of the coastal in search of people to help. Found one.. He was just standing there. Bleeding. Didnt respond to any communication. Guess he was knocked out. Bandaged and waited. Then i decided to do the mercy thing in case he was forever knocked out. Shoot him...

You have to adapt to the current environment. That is, in the mod, there was a visual representation of your past actions so you could judge people accordingly and could relax around hero skined people.

There was a bandit skin, a hero skin, and the neutral survivor skin.

Since in the standalone there are now clothes you can wear and find. This allows you to customize your character's appearance. You know do not know who is a bandit and who is willing to help you.

We are back to the original DayZ again. KoS is the attitude cause no one wants to die and loose their gear cause they trusted a guy with a knife.

As soon as there is some implementation of a way to identify who is going to rape you, then you should just assume for now that if they have guns they will probably use them on you.

So what I mean by adapt is that you should avoid all people, and take it slow so you dont run into people who see you before you see them.

One idea i have had about how to implement a visual way to differentiate good from bad people is to have hero and bandit only clothes that you can find. You can only put them on if you carry the bandit status and the hero status. Then make the clothes look bandit-ish and hero-ish or what ever.

Edited by Ahzrukhal

I have never met a koser yet, I am darn lucky. I just met a guy that gave me a revolver, and another guy that gave me some food and a canteen so I can store some water. 

Oh look it's our daily reminder that people suck. I wasn't expecting a thread like this today because it is a day that ends in "day".

• Like 1

I am a huge fan of interaction before extermination.

But without KOS, you would just be running from building to building for hours with only the fear of a few Zed, striving towards an endgame that mimicks how you got there in the first place.

It adds a sense of "fear" or "suspense" when looting high population areas, risk versus reward; it adds an element to DayZ that makes it different and better than most other games.

Being able to interact with players however you want is what makes DayZ interesting, regardless of good or bad.

• Like 2

To be honest, I love KoS. Its annoying as all hell when it happens in some random house or while Im travelling... but when I go into a military complex or airstrip, its a challenge to gauge whether it is safe to proceed without a sniper or a spray & pray m4 douche making my screen turn black. Plus taking out unsuspecting people is entertaining.

Some guy climbed up on the roof of a building earlier in some random town and decides to just enjoy the scenery I guess. Pull out the mosin and watch as he keels over and dies. The guy had pretty much all the supplies I'd need to fuel myself and my weapons for the next 3 days.

Of course its just a waste if you kill people near the spawn areas since they usually don't have weapons or anything of value. Just a waste of bullets.

• Like 1

my character is currently maxed out on equipment...there isn't anything it needs, and it looks badass with the camo bandano and shades..yet why am i always getting attacked by ax wielding nubs going full retard? they've had a backpack with a few supplies, nothing worth dying to defend.

my character is currently maxed out on equipment...there isn't anything it needs, and it looks badass with the camo bandano and shades..yet why am i always getting attacked by ax wielding nubs going full retard? they've had a backpack with a few supplies, nothing worth dying to defend.

They want what you got and feel the risk of dying to get it is worth it. Its one of the reason you can't trust anybody in this game.

Just as an update, I did meet a couple non KOS guys yesterday. Neither of us was geared up, (no guns), but I had an axe and he had a wrench. We talked for a bit and went our separate ways. Another fresh spawn rolled up but ran off immediately. Guess me wielding an axe scared him off.

Then about an hour later I was running to try to meet up with some friends and not paying attention. Some guy ran up behind me and whacked me with the axe. I chased him around for a bit but couldn't get a shot on him so I just sat in the street to let him finish me so I could respawn and move on.

Good times.... :D