chris_heyward

Forum Downtime

I can't find a thread about this but I thought I'd let the devs and others know that the downtime was due to a DDoS attack from a hacker group called DERP. https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

They have spent the past few days f*cking up all MMO servers/websites and its more than likely going to continue

Are those the same guys messing up the Rust servers? Because if so they are seriously rustling my jimmies.

I don't think so no. They have taken down all things EvE Online, WoW, DOTA2, Guild Wars 2, Runescape and World of Tanks. There may be others but that's all I can remember. Oh and they personally targeted a Twitch.tv streamer and forced him to play DOTA 2. If he won, they would leave it alone and if he lost, DOTA 2 would get screwed and he lost. They also got the guy arrested

^^ yep. They made the twitch streamer be put in jail today. Deep has been taking down crazy amounts of game related servers.

If only they could put their brains to good use instead of wasting massive amounts of time (including their own.. )