Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

Just want to see community preference on 1st/ 3rd person servers quickly.

196 members have voted

1. 1. What type of server will you be playing most of the time?

• First person only.
    • Third and first person servers.
    • Really not worried, not having third person/ having people spy on me from cover doesn't concern me.

It is stunning how many "dedicated" players are still perpetuating the myth that 1st person is still inducing headaches and sickness. Turn headbob down all the way and quit making excuses for yourself. At least be honest and admit the only reason you hold 3rd person in such asteem is because of the advantages it gives you. I could at least respect you guys then.

I get it! I really do. Sometimes I just want to sit back and relax and play something easy. When I feel like playing a casual game I end up doing just that. I'll start up Hearthstone or The Walking Dead. The fact is, with the improvements made in the SA, you have nothing to excuse yourself with anymore.

FoV? Nope, adjustable now.

A need to see your character for whatever reason? Nope, you can see them in the inventory or freelook in 1st person.

First person makes you sick? Uncomfortable? Nope, you can eliminate headbob and if it still bothers you then....too bad? Guess Dayz isn't for you?

Am I missing anything else?

You're missing how this actually effects you in the slightest, now that you can join first person only servers.

Edited by MostShady
  • Like 1

I like the 3rd person view as well as FPP.

I don't think much to the 'delete my vote' option in a poll. Seems a bit like 'don't worry, if your vote doesn't go with the flow' we'll let you change it so you can feel better about it..

Lame imo.

You're missing how this actually effects you in the slightest, now that you can join first person only servers.

Why do you want to split the community so badly?

Community wants first person only for all servers mandatory. There are however some vocal supporters of 3rd person view.

"The community agrees with me, except the ones who don't who for some reason aren't considered part of 'the community' which kind of casts a little spotlight on how full of shit I am."

You can only get 40 people on a server mate. The "community" (whatever you think that is) is split all the time.

I just want to use 3rd person and you're not my fucking mother?

Split the community? What are you talking about?

Why do you attempt to force your opinion on everybody else, just because you don't like something. Things don't work that way.

Split the community? What are you talking about?

Why do you attempt to force your opinion on everybody else, just because you don't like something. Things don't work that way.

You're happier splitting the community than facing the glaring inequalities 3rd person offers players. I've backed up my opinions with facts. What are you basing your's off again? Let me guess you think 3rd person should be allowed regardless of all the problems associated with it because, "...just cause....I like it....so there!"?

Glad you've contributed to this thread :rolleyes:

Edited by Sidewinder24

You can only get 40 people on a server mate. The "community" (whatever you think that is) is split all the time.

Devs confirmed separate hives are in the works for 1st person only and 3rd/1st. Derp.

You're happier splitting the community than facing the glaring inequalities 3rd person offers players. I've backed up my opinions with facts. What are you basing your's off again? Let me guess you think 3rd person should be allowed regardless of all the problems associated with it because, "...just cause....I like it....so there!"?

Glad you've contributed to this thread :rolleyes:

Splitting the community up is backed up with fact? Please enlighten me with where you pulled that fact from.

Congratulations, you dodged the main question again too but I'll throw it back out there at ya! How does any of this effect you, now you can easily go into a first person only server?

Problems associated with it are gone for those bothered enough about it to give a damn, Simple, you don't join a third person included server if you let those advantages and "problems" get to you. I already explained my facts for enjoying both styles of play in a previous post, if you wish to read back again to get back up to date.

First person makes more sense, given that the game is based off a FPS standard, but up until now, it's been a handicap to use it.

It's only a handicap when other players are using 3RD which is why 1st person only servers are awesome! (ALTHOUGH looting is a pain in the ass for the tops of shelves and whatnot)

I've been playing only in third person because first person just doesn't feel as smooth as it should. The game seems to run better in third person. Looking around in first person is clunky and awkward, but I do like the idea of locked first person, assuming that it will run better in the future. 

Splitting the community up is backed up with fact? Please enlighten me with where you pulled that fact from.

Congratulations, you dodged the main question again too but I'll throw it back out there at ya! How does any of this effect you, now you can easily go into a first person only server?

Problems associated with it are gone for those bothered enough about it to give a damn, Simple, you don't join a third person included server if you let those advantages and "problems" get to you. I already explained my facts for enjoying both styles of play in a previous post, if you wish to read back again to get back up to date.

Already proven with the fact that there are going to be separate hives for 1st person only servers. I actually already stated that too. You must pay better attention.

Already proven with the fact that there are going to be separate hives for 1st person only servers. I actually already stated that too. You must pay better attention.

Doesn't mean the devs wont do the right thing and get rid of third person view servers altogether.

I only play on servers with 3rd person "on". Just they style I prefer to play in.

Doesn't mean the devs wont do the right thing and get rid of third person view servers altogether.

Right; except they already said they're not going to do that dumb shit.

Devs confirmed separate hives are in the works for 1st person only and 3rd/1st. Derp.

Okay? How is that "derp" worthy? Separate hives does not mean a "split community" if you can only ever play with 40 people at once. How does it matter one fucking bit? You will have plenty of people to play with on either hive, and there will be nothing stopping you from playing on both. What is your definition of "community" in this context? It makes no fucking sense.

Right; except they already said they're not going to do that dumb shit.

Okay? How is that "derp" worthy? Separate hives does not mean a "split community" if you can only ever play with 40 people at once. How does it matter one fucking bit? You will have plenty of people to play with on either hive, and there will be nothing stopping you from playing on both. What is your definition of "community" in this context? It makes no fucking sense.

He's just pulling it out of his ass and trying to throw it off as fact to support a very baseless argument. I'm past trying to make sense of it, because there is none. The good thing is the majority of people don't seem to mind and have the common sense to realize the first person only servers have solved the main issue, suiting both play styles. Everybody wins, get over yourselves.

Pls vote, we have both servers now so we no longer have to argue.

But from videos I have seen first person servers don't seem numerous could this be an issue if First person servers prove to be popular?

Funny the options of these kind of polls are always biased :P Please Choose between BAD BAD THIRD PERSON! and BAD BAD THIRD PERSON!

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 1

I love how all the people who think it should be first person only except for in vehicles. If you want first person why have 3rd person for vehicles? I hear you guys say how "hardcore" and "elite" you guys are cause you prefer first person but yet need 3rd person in vehicles for a crutch? Seems to go against your "hardcore" nature. If you want first person only then it should be exactly that, FIRST PERSON ONLY not first person only when it's convenient. Personally I believe we should have servers for 3rd and 1st as they do now. Let people have the choice.

• Like 2

Funny the options of these kind of polls are always biased :P Please Choose between BAD BAD THIRD PERSON! and BAD BAD THIRD PERSON!

What?

I love how all the people who think it should be first person only except for in vehicles. If you want first person why have 3rd person for vehicles? I hear you guys say how "hardcore" and "elite" you guys are cause you prefer first person but yet need 3rd person in vehicles for a crutch? Seems to go against your "hardcore" nature. If you want first person only then it should be exactly that, FIRST PERSON ONLY not first person only when it's convenient. Personally I believe we should have servers for 3rd and 1st as they do now. Let people have the choice.

I think first person should be for everything aswell.

If you have ever driven you should know that in a car you really have limited feel of where each four corners of your car are.

I suppose people are always going to have their preference, but I know I play dayZ for the most realistic apocalyptic simulator available.

I don't care if I can get 1 hit in the chest by a pistol.

I don't care that being shot in the leg forces me to limp.

I don't care that sometimes my player is hungry with no food.

I don't care for anything that ain't really necessary that also detracts from my level of immersion.

• Like 2

I like seeing my character while playing, but I would give more value to an intense experience in 1st person only. That's why I don't disagree in having 1st and 3rd person servers... Although I voted in 1st only 

• Like 1

Where did you get that people that want first person only want it to exclude vehicles? I think vehicles allowing 3rd person are worse than player 3rd person. If they made a compromise to make vehicles only 1st person with the trade-off that players could toggle 3rd I'd give in.

Vehicles are fine with 3rd person view.

Problem is being able to cheat and see around cover and over walls therefore it should be removed completely.