andrestor

This is not what I hoped DayZ would be

Nah, most of the DayZ hardcore PvP community are:

1) Too stupid to realize that 24/7 Deathmatch on SA is pretty shit

2) Too bad at FPS games where DMin' it up is fast and fun

Only way to decrease KoS/Deathmatch though is to make players not want to Deathmatch.  You have to give them a reason, otherwise the major revolving point of the game, past acquiring gear, is naturally to PvP.  Easiest way to do that is make PvE more engaging, but with only slow unthreatening zombies around, that's unlikely.

PvP has its place, but in DayZ it's actually quite boring and repetitive.  Idiots never tire of repetition and are entertained easily though, so, there you go.

People will always want to kos, because for every one reason why I should not pull the trigger there is 10 reasons why I should.

Kos is like the rain, you can avoid and hide from it, but you can't stop the rain. You can pretend future patches and features will stop the rain, but it won't.

Only way to decrease KoS/Deathmatch though is to make players not want to Deathmatch.

If only you could make people feel things. Maybe if you insult them some more they'll come around. Try calling them stupid again. Or maybe point out how they probably have smaller penises than you. Surely they will eventually fall in love with you and realize your ideas are awesome and they've been missing out on your wit and wisdom all this time. Then they will put down their guns and you can all gather around the campfire and exchange ghost stories and make s'mores. In the morning you can all hike down to the river bank and take turns shaving each other's useless, shriveled little ballsacks.

PvP has its place, but in DayZ it's actually quite boring and repetitive. 

There's a highly effective cure for this terrible affliction you've contracted called "playing DayZ." All it takes is two keys. You don't even have to talk to your doctor about it.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

KoS has gotten out of hand.

But for me, its not KoS, i like kos, its the people who KoS.

Last week i was killed by a guy with a wrench after i saved him from a train of zombies in Vybor. 

Me - "Heres some food and my Pistol bro"

Him - "Fag!" Smack*

Immediately after spawning, i see 3 guys with M4s coming towards me. I wave, and they break my legs. Then they run circles around me, saying, "Noob", "Fag", "Bitch", "Gay", ect. Why? Becuase you have an M4 it took you 2 Server hops to get and i don't? 

Next life, i get tied up and fed untill i puke, all the while being cursed out.

Next life, i get sniped 2 minutes after spawning in Kemenka.

And the next time, i walk into the cherno apartment block, round a corner and see a guy drinking from a well. And say Hi, friendly, ect. He turns around and literally fires off an entire 60-round magazine at (around 4 actaully hit me, lol) me, and then calls me a noob for not fighting back.

Now i'm going to Bash the shit out of their old locked cars on Epoch even though i'll get banned becuase its a No-pvp server with safezone all around and you have to share your loot. 

Butseriously,back to the mod for a few months. I'll get on every update, but until this dies down, i'm out.

(BTW, i'm nit whining about KoS. I'm whining about the fact that people KoS fresh spawns and then curse them out becuase its "fun")

So get it back in hand. Do you have hands? Are there fingers on those hands? Can your fingers operate triggers as well as they whine on forums?

Immediately after spawning, i see 3 guys with M4s coming towards me. I wave

Brilliant tactician. Absolutely skillfully executed. Sun Tzu would be proud, surely. In The Art of War he's quoted as saying "When you're enemy approaches, stand there like a mutt in heat and wave your hand in the air. They will hand over their arms and surrender to you on the spot."

And the next time, i walk into the cherno 

On any of these lives did you think for a fucking single second that you might want to get off the coast, stop hanging out in places like Kamenka, Elektro and Cherno and stop trusting random strangers?

Did it occur to you even once to just walk north and find some food and supplies?

BTW, i'm nit whining about KoS. I'm whining about the fact that people KoS 

Read that like six times out loud to yourself. Please?

I like how you cut out fresh spawns. I don't have a problem if i have a weapon and someone KoSs me. But if i spawn and get killed before i reach i single building, how is that fun for anyone?

What exactly do you want me to do? Run either into balota, (Certain death) down the beach away from them, in their line of fire, or try to punch 3 guys with M4s to death? Why don't you try those and tell me how they turn out.

And yes. I nevr could go inland becuase i died/got spotted before i was off the beach most of the time. 

And who said Waveing was trusting?

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

I like how you cut out fresh spawns. I don't have a problem if i have a weapon and someone KoSs me. But if i spawn and get killed before i reach i single building, how is that fun for anyone?

I absolutely promise you it's fun for the people who do it. Doubly so if they imagine you here complaining about it.

Boo hoo. Fresh spawns. Seriously just hold 'W' for 30 seconds and you're off the coast and running. You're not a fresh spawn anymore. Congratufuckinglations.

And yes. I nevr could go inland becuase i died/got spotted before i was off the beach most of the time. 

Seriously? You just told a bunch of stories about you standing around waving at people in Cherno and Elektro. If you can get to either of those places, you can get inland.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Maybe if you insult them some more they'll come around. Try calling them stupid again.

Nah.  I don't care about insulting people.  It helps that I don't particularly care either about trying to convince anybody of an opposing viewpoint.  Most of the time that's a waste of time.

Sure I'll call a spade a spade though.  PvP-centric players on DayZ really aren't all that bright, I would get bored so fast if that were my main purpose in playing the game.  May as well go load up Quake or Counter-Strike.

I spawned at those places. I know how to play the Fucking game.

I waved once, when i had no other viable options. The guy at the well, i just didn't really care what happened. 

And how exactly is it fun to empty magaznes into unarmed players? Seems like extremely cheap thrills even for combat loggers.

But for me, its not KoS, i like kos, its the people who KoS.

Last week i was killed by a guy with a wrench after i saved him from a train of zombies in Vybor. 

Me - "Heres some food and my Pistol bro"

Him - "Fag!" Smack*

Immediately after spawning, i see 3 guys with M4s coming towards me. I wave, and they break my legs. Then they run circles around me, saying, "Noob", "Fag", "Bitch", "Gay", ect. Why? Becuase you have an M4 it took you 2 Server hops to get and i don't? 

And the next time, i walk into the cherno apartment block, round a corner and see a guy drinking from a well. And say Hi, friendly, ect. He turns around and literally fires off an entire 60-round magazine at (around 4 actaully hit me, lol) me, and then calls me a noob for not fighting back.

Now i'm going to Bash the shit out of their old locked cars on Epoch even though i'll get banned becuase its a No-pvp server with safezone all around and you have to share your loot. 

Butseriously,back to the mod for a few months. I'll get on every update, but until this dies down, i'm out.

(BTW, i'm nit whining about KoS. I'm whining about the fact that people KoS fresh spawns and then curse them out becuase its "fun")

Sounds like you had one heck of a time :D I never find that many people to shoot at me :(

I waved once, when i had no other viable options. The guy at the well, i just didn't really care what happened. 

And how exactly is it fun to empty magaznes into unarmed players? Seems like extremely cheap thrills even for combat loggers.

Lesson learned: Don't sneak up on people drinking at a water pump? :D

It isn't.  If you're stupid though, sure, it's good fun.

It's like people who enjoy the absolute worst comedy.  People who tell you that they enjoy Dane Cook and when you look at them to be sure you heard them right, they actually mean it.  Yeah, that kind of stupid.

It doesn't take much to excite them.

Edited by Dauntless
  • Like 1

In real life if there was a zombie apocalypse do you really thing people wouldn't kill each other to survive? I'm not saying that this is real life in any way, but the game is the most realistic I've played. And besides, If everyone helped you out and were nice how the hell could it be any fun?

Edited by Luke

In real life if there was a zombie apocalypse do you really thing people wouldn't kill each other to survive? I'm not saying that this is real life in any way, but the game is the most realistic I've played. And besides, If everyone helped you out and were nice how the hell could it be any fun?

Yeah I agree, it's impossible for there to be degrees of anything.  Either 24/7 peace or 24/7 war.

Just kidding.  Maybe you'll get the point though.

Lets see if I have this right...

You are disappointed because a game, which you expected to be of the survival genre, has mechanics in it which make it very difficult to survive.

ok bro

Yeah I agree, it's impossible for there to be degrees of anything.  Either 24/7 peace or 24/7 war.

Just kidding.  Maybe you'll get the point though.

I know there can be bandits and friendlies together. It just sounds like op is upset because he's getting killed and at this point that's part of the game if you can't fight back.

Edited by Luke

Stop crying about the community all being KoS'ers. I actively fight KoS'ers, hell I hunt them down and are pretty efficient at it.

If you dont like the community then change it, after all you are apart of it.

Get good at the game, find the KoS'ers and kill them all.

The problem is people use that first sentence as an excuse to kill unarmed people. Its gotten to the point where there is nothing but KoS. There needs to be a mix of both KoS and friendlies, otherwise, they might hvee well as made Wasteland SA with 20 zombies and a medical system.

• Like 1

I know there can be bandits and friendlies together. It just sounds like op is upset because he's getting killed and at this point that's part of the game if you can't fight back.

For a lot of people, yeah that's probably their main issue, their own frustration.  Or they play solo and that's not exactly survival conducive, either.  (then again, I don't know how people play solo unless it's to goof off... cuz I'd get bored w/o being on ts with some friends)

At the same time, from a game design perspective, if DayZ isn't able to rise above being just a 'post-apocalyptic deathmatch', then it's kind of two dimensional and boring.  So for some posters, I get what they're saying, and if they played the mod, that too.

PvP oughtn't go anywhere, it's a great facet of the game, but there needs to be more.  At the moment, SA is pretty bare-bones so it doesn't have much besides PvP, and that probably puts off a lot of people -- the OP included. 

DayZ could be a pretty phenomenal experience if it's given added depth to balance out the purposes of PvP and everything else, but that can be a bit tricky from a design perspective. 

lost count of all the times i have been KoS, but as all say it's part of the game and it will never go away, those that have gun's and ammo will camp at the good spawn points, i always end up being chased around town's by 4-5 people only having a crowbar or baseball bat to defend myself with, but it's early access and there will be changes that will level a lot out.

but what i hate is spending 15-30min running to a place to get some a couple of things that is usable, then 15-30min to get back and picked of from a roof top with a Mosin, i would really love being able to get faster between places.. 

I can understand sticking people up and shit for fun because really it doesn't harm anyone.

But people with misins and scopes just sitting there and shooting new spawns for no reason at all. Only good thing is these guys usually completely rage when they're killed. Which is why I think servers should have 1-3 admins who are crows or rabbits and can watch players and see what they're doing...give them notice to stop acting like cunts...You know.

3 words. FUCKERS, FUCKERS and FUCKERS.

So get it back in hand. Do you have hands? Are there fingers on those hands? Can your fingers operate triggers as well as they whine on forums?

Brilliant tactician. Absolutely skillfully executed. Sun Tzu would be proud, surely. In The Art of War he's quoted as saying "When you're enemy approaches, stand there like a mutt in heat and wave your hand in the air. They will hand over their arms and surrender to you on the spot."

On any of these lives did you think for a fucking single second that you might want to get off the coast, stop hanging out in places like Kamenka, Elektro and Cherno and stop trusting random strangers?

Did it occur to you even once to just walk north and find some food and supplies?

Read that like six times out loud to yourself. Please?

Stop trying to be smart...You're making yourself look fuckin' retarded man.

• Like 2

I guess I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yea, getting killed constantly would really suck. The thing is that you go into this game knowing you'll die and that it's all temporary. The few times I've ran in to people I've moved around them if they allowed me to then watched my back for a while. The only time I've been shot right in the face is when I came up some stairs behind a guy and I had a hammer in my hand. He'd be stupid to not shoot me. That's the thing. Every person represents a threat. Even if their hands are up and have no weapon. What's stopping them from finding a crowbar and retracing their steps back to you? It would be hard to locate someone again when they're moving but it's still a possibility. Shooting new spawns is stupid and luckily that hasn't happened to me.

Personally, I like trying to deal with other players a little. If they kill me then whatever, I guess.